ATI Left-click: Off

ATI RadeonX 1650 Pro

VRAM: 512

AGP: 8x

AGP Aperture: 32MB

16-bit color

60 Hz (LCD)

FRAPS = 6

When Allah's Fist is loaded as the Blue Player, you are positioned looking down the long dimension of the map. I'm curious what frame rates others are experiencing at this position with these settings. My framerate seems quite low and my mouse has quite a bit of lag - usable but annoying. The framerate does increase as I rotate and face the map edges that are closer (less map is visible on screen).

You can get FRAPS here:

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Using your same setting I get 20 FPS.

GeForce 6800GS

VRAM: 256

PCI-Express 16x

24-bit color

60 Hz (LCD)

---

AMD DualCore +4800

2GB RAM

Windows XP SP2

Default AA is @ x2 / anisotropic filter @ x4

Hope it helps. The game is not very chunky in these settings.

p.s: i read in the forum that some people got problems with fraps running, game more chunky.

[ August 18, 2007, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: KNac ]

honestly iam too lazy to tune down my graphic options to test it.

if its still of interesst i post my result with my usual graphic settings.

sound ON

1280*960

modelles; IMPROVED

textures; BEST

mutlisampling; ON

high priority process; ON

without moving the mouse after loading the scenario i have 22FPS...funny is when i multitasked to desktop to post this massage, i had 26FPS when comming back into the game without changeing the view. just multitasking once gave 4 more FPS :D

iam running;

Coreduo E6400 2.13mhz*2

2gig DDRam

GF 7950GT

i recently changed drivers, becouse of another game, from 3rd party(NGO) to newest Nvidia ones, i didnt noticed a difference as usual.

13 FPS with 8600GTS card and q6600 processor on 650i Ultra motherboard.

This is measured exactly the way Pandur tested, straight from the first screen that appears on loadup of mission.

Incidentally, I get this same initial FPS in 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024. The map size and aliasing on/off seem to have the largest effect on average framerates.

Fraps gives me a frame-rate of 14.

Athlon 64 Dual Core 3800+

2.01 GHz

2.00 GB RAM

nVidia 7600GT PCI-E

Interestingly, changing from "Fastest" to "Better" made no difference. I also got no difference changing to my desktop resolution of 1280 x 1024.

P.S. - I had a low frame-rate when I first got the game but increased it by uninstalling the Dual Core Optimizer program and unchecking one of the CPU cores in the CPU Affinity screen (accessed by right-clicking on the CM:SF process in task manager).

[ August 18, 2007, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]

AMD 64 3200+

1.99 GHz

2.75 GB RAM (upgraded was 1.5 w/no game play change +/-

Nvidia Geforce 7300 GS

1024X768

32 bit color

Ver Sync Off

3D model Best

3D Texture Best

A A Off

High Pri On

I have suffered no game lags. Whatever my FRPs are they must be pretty good.

I should note that I have had much trouble with other games recently. They include: Silent Hunter 3..Would not play...BIA...So choppy I had to quit...MOH Pacific Assault...Extremely choppy and freezes. All of them in the last year and a half. Since I buy an average of 2 games a year (maybe less) That was a real string of bad luck

Originally posted by LeanDemon:

I get 28 fps with the following:

CMSF Options:

Display: 1280x960

Vert Synch: Off

3D Model: Better

3D Texture: Best

Anti-Alias: On

High Priority: On

My system:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE Motherboard

Core2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz

2.0GB Ram (DDR2 PC 6400)

Nvidia 7950GX2 (1GB Vram)

Hi!

obviously there are both some NVIDIA and VISTA issues in this game. BTW other OpenGL games fly on both my machines. Here we go:

Same settings as above 1280 etc. but in 1600x1200 I get the same results.

VISTA Ultimate 64bit

ASUS P5BL2 MoBo

Core2Duo E6300 @ 2.4 Ghz

3.0GB Ram (DDR2 PC 6400)

Nvidia 7950GT (512MB Vram)

Forceware 162.22

4 FPS !!!

VISTA Ultimate 32bit

ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi MoBo

Core2Duo E6600 @ 3.0 Ghz

4.0GB Ram (DDR2 PC 6400)

Nvidia 8800GTS (640MB Vram)

Forceware 162.22

8 FPS !!!

VISTA Ultimate 32bit

Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Pa 1510

AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-52 @ 1.6 Ghz

1.0GB Ram (DDR2 533Mhz)

ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 1100

Catalyst 7.8

3 FPS !!!

cheers

Helge

P.S.: Edited to include Notebook results

[ August 19, 2007, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: The DesertFox ]

Well, I get 10 fps on your settings (and on any other setting) at the startup view. If I look to the left (where my own forces are) the fps suddenly accellerates to 120 or somthing just as the ridgetop on the left side goes out of view. There is something nasty that isn't LODDED away out there in the distance smile.gif

I have the infamous 8800GTX which obviously has some serious problems with this game - every other game I have run like silk at almost any settings...

My system:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (@3.0Ghz - 1200Mhz FSB)

Asus Striker Extreme NForce680i SLI MB

Asus GeForce 8800GTX 768Mb

2 x 1Gb Corsair PC6400 XMS2 XTREME CAS4 @900Mhz 4-4-4-15 2,1 Volt

1 x RAPTOR 150GB + 2 x Raptor 74Gb (raid 0) + Hitatchi T7K500 320GB

Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional

Dual boot - Windows XP SP2+ and Vista64 Ultimate

P.S I have NO crap on my system, it's clean from running processes accept the minimum needed. No spyware - no nothing. All drivers are the latest available and all MS patches applied etc. Runs like a charm with everything else.

P.P.S The benchmarks above are for XP, haven't tried it in Vista yet - gotta do that now...

EDIT: OK, tried it in Vista64 and I had the same performance there (or maybe a bit worse) 8 fps at the startup. There seems to be some serious Z-buffer/culling problem with the 8800GTX. Even if I move down to one of the "valleys" at the right hand side of the map and stands at place where my view is completely obscured by sand, the FPS still drops to 8-10 while looking in the bad guys direction. When looking left it goes up to 35 or something.

The 8800GTX should be four times faster than the 7xxx cards in regards to Z-culling so there is something rotten in the kingdom of Denmark!

/Mazex

[ August 19, 2007, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: mazex ]

In the situation Sitting Duck described (there are similar ones in other scenarios) I don't think it's a rendering issue. There simply isn't anything - bar a couple of piles to smoke - to render and the FPS still slows to a crawl. Pan round to look at your tanks in glorious, close up detail and the frame rate is fine.

I'm guessing, as with me, the problem is with lack of processor power rather a graphics card issue. The game is busy calculating something - presumably what you can and can't see? Might be room for some code optimisation in there, if it's thought worth the trouble of catering to those with less than state-of-the-art hardware. Yeah, I know people with such a rig are alos having troubles - but I suspect not this one?

VISTA Ultimate 64bit

ASUS P5BL2 MoBo

Core2Duo E6300 @ 2.4 Ghz

3.0GB Ram (DDR2 PC 6400)

Forceware 162.22

4 FPS !!!

@The DesertFox

thats nearly the same setup that i and LeanDemon have.

yet we get 24 and 28 FPS respectively.

try to set "threading optimization" to off if its auto or on for the sytem with the 7950.

that helped a good deal for me, but maybe vista is the problem here. i have XPsp2.

Originally posted by Pandur:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> VISTA Ultimate 64bit

ASUS P5BL2 MoBo

Core2Duo E6300 @ 2.4 Ghz

3.0GB Ram (DDR2 PC 6400)

Forceware 162.22

4 FPS !!!

@The DesertFox

thats nearly the same setup that i and LeanDemon have.

yet we get 24 and 28 FPS respectively.

try to set "threading optimization" to off if its auto or on for the sytem with the 7950.

that helped a good deal for me, but maybe vista is the problem here. i have XPsp2. </font>

OK, did some testing on the machines available in my home (excluding servers ;) ), testing with "Sitting Duck's" settings:

My own rig (Asus Striker Extreme Mobo, 2Gb RAM, C2Duo 3.0Ghz, 8800GTX (see post above)): 11 fps

My Media Center (Asus A7N8X-DL Mobo, 1Gb RAM, AMD 3000+, ATI X800Pro 256): 4 fps

My wifes (Asus A7M266 Mobo, 1Gb RAM, AMD 2000+, ATI 9600Pro 256): 6 fps

OK, the scores are all lousy but the ATI X800Pro amazingly looses out to the old crappy AMD 2000+/ATI 9600Pro system... This is on rather minimum settings.

I really understand the pain of you guys on old systems, as the mouse control etc was crappy on my wifes rig and the media centre. At least that works OK on my rig.

Worth pointing out is that no game logic can be blamed in this test. The round (which is turn based) has not even started yet so it's just plain rendering. This engine needs a lot of work... On my system it is rather OK as the fps is much better in most other cases - but on the other two it hurt bad!

/Mazex

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting Duck

I didn't see much, if any, improvement (6-7 FPS worst-case). I have the 8600GTS card (Nvidia). I noticed that your 1650 Pro has 512 MB of video memory. I only have 256 MB. I wonder how much of a difference that makes?

Incidentally you don't even have to start a mission to test map performance. You can load up the map in the scenario editor and switch to 3-D view. Using fraps will give you a good idea what to expect for performance. I'm disappointed in not getting some FPS love with the new patch. I'm going to try the latest driver set and see if that helps at all.

Nvidia 6800GS (512MB)

Athlon 3200+

1GB RAM

1280x960

AA off (on made no difference)

<table border="1" bgcolor="#ffcc33" style="margin:0px;padding:0px"><tr style="font-weight:bold;background-color:#ccff00"> <td width="100">Model Quality</td><td width="100">Texture Quality</td><td width="100">FPS</td></tr><tr><td>Better</td><td>Better</td>

<td>11</td></tr><tr><td>Improved</td><td>Best</td>

<td>12</td></tr><tr><td>Improved</td><td>Improved</td>

<td>19</td></tr><tr><td>Balanced</td><td>Balanced</td> <td>25</td></tr><tr><td>Fastest</td><td>Fastest</td> <td>50</td></tr></table>

[ August 31, 2007, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Lindan ]

We're hoping that we can further improve framerates with the v1.04 patch, especially for higher end systems/cards that appear to be under producing.

The problem with the 8800 is quite interesting. For the people that have problems with it (and not all do), there seems to be a 10fps or lower response to just about all scenarios no matter what the settings are. Something is obviously wrong with that! We're continuing to try and nail that down.

Steve

Lindan

As a test I decided to see what it would take to achieve your Balanced-Balanced settings (25 FPS) on my machine with 8600GTS:

Had to lower resolution to 1024 x 768

Overclocked card by about 10%

Turned both model quality and textures down to "FAST" setting. One step below Balanced.

Result: 24 FPS. Hooray! Thanks Nvidia for selling a card that can't quite perform as well as one you sold from two generations ago!

I ran it at 1280 x 1024 for the fun of it on a C2D X6800, WinXP SP2, 2 gigs of RAM, and a 7950GX2.

I normally run it at 1600 x 1200, but I got the same FPS, 4-12, sometimes 16 fps.

And I think I may have found part of the problem, I opened up the battle in the editor, and removed all grass from the map. Guess what? My FPS were 25-50+

I have noticed poor frame rates on maps that have lots of grass covering them, where I get good frame rates on maps that have little to no grass.

The type of grass that seems to be giving frame rates a fit are the tall, wavy textures.

Give it a try in the editor, be sure to give the battle a new file name...

Forgot to mention, this is with settings set to max, no Vsynch.

• 2 weeks later...