Levels of destruction

It would be awesome to see holes being punched through walls by tank rounds, glass flying, building models slowly being turned into ruins. I think the way it was done in Silent Storm for example was perfect

Id also like to see different damage models for vehicles. Turrets flying off, ammo cook-off, tracks falling off,etc

Possible solution: When a portion of a wall in being hit, it can slowly be replaced by BMPs with stages of destruction. As more damaged is being done, wall 1 normal 1 is replaced by wall 1 damaged 1, wall 1 damaged 2, etc

Would this be hard to implement? I think it would add a lot for immersion

[ May 19, 2008, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: M1A1TC ]

M1, yup, its certainly doable and is one of the items that has been on our list since release smile.gif We would also like to do similar with vehicles showing penetration damage, etc.

Steiner, they are indeed doing some great stuff with Bad Company. I only with they were going to release it to the PC, I find it had to get into console FSP games.

Dan

I agree that these additions would add something to immersion, however, it would be more satisfying for me if (at least for buildings) holes knocked in buildings also created actual LOS points and areas that could be fired through.

Decals only would be better than nothing, I guess.

That could be done by abstraction. For example, if the wall is at damage level 2, the cover it provides goes down by 25%, but it offers increased level of LOS, or something like that

I just really miss how buildings were done in CM1.

Dan

I am glad this is on the list. I hope it's not too far down on it smile.gif Also, can we have the ability to have different textures on each side? That way a shopfront could be modded without the texture being repeated on all 4 sides

I'd like to see, instead of one giant void as a whole wall comes down, each wall divided into three or four sections. These would collapse independantly, and leave a concrete pillar between them even when collapsed.

I think there also needs to be a way to have roofs collapse independantly of walls. Especially going to ww2, there were plenty of solid european buildings where the walls remained a shell whith the roof burnt or collapsed.

Originally posted by Hoolaman:

I think there also needs to be a way to have roofs collapse independantly of walls. Especially going to ww2, there were plenty of solid european buildings where the walls remained a shell whith the roof burnt or collapsed.

I have seen the roof go with the rest of the building intact. Not very often, but I have seen it.