What do you think of the order tabs not switching after new unit select?

Personally I find it quite annoying that when you select a different unit the order tabs do not default back to the move orders tab.

Is this feeling being shared by more people?

If so we might put that on the radar of BFC by means of this thread.

Of course, if I am only one of few, just let this thread die. ;)

No matter what it defaults to its going to be annoying when you want to do something else instead. If you're going around your units trying to unbutton (or button) your vehicles and with each click it defaults back to movement orders that would be annoying too! Barring a mental telepathy patch I don't see how any menu setup could please everyone all the time.

SOmeone else pointed out if you want to issue a lot of target orders in sequence, switching back to move each time is real headache. I vote for leaving as is. But a confimation or something on bailing out. My troops think I'm an idiot for constantly having them bail and reman tanks.

Ok, so more hotkey'ed-orders seem to be more comfortable for most users, then?

I can see why reverting back to the movement tab could be annoying as well, but the movement orders ARE the most frequently used ones, so you'll end up less annoyed in any case. ;)

I now constantly 'Target Light' while trying to make my unit 'Move Quick' after switching unit.

I liked the Blitzkrieg system (and probably other games as well) where the command box would resemble your numpad. Quick, solid and memory proof. No need for tabs.

And IF you still had to put in tabs you could use the top row of keys on the numpad to switch tabs or the plus and minus keys and use the 1 to 9 keys for actual orders.

Originally posted by Cheeba:

This game uses that too. Use '/' and '*' to cycle tabs, and the relative number keys on the numpad to select orders, far as I recall.

Cheeba, you win this months 'User of Honour', as far as I am concerned! smile.gif

It indeed works as you say (and as I hoped it would work in my statement about the 'Blitzkrieg method')! Good job!

I remember that a lot of players had to adapt to the numpad-control-box thingy at first in the first days of that game, but after a while everyone appreciated it! I am sure same will apply here.