Paradox Pressrelease

Excellent news! That means, the game is officially not considered finished by BFC and the distributor.

I find that a good decision, because it will give the community the confidence back, that things will definately get better, but also for the reviewing press, that is able to update their reviews and mention what happened and changed.

Didn't they say they have had some retail distribution problems? This press release seems to be saying it will be August 6th before it's in brick & mortar stores, which would make sense if they were having delays.

There has not been a huge uproar over copies not being shipped from their webshop, and it's certainly available on Gamersgate.

Hi

Bought the Paradox version in retail store on 26.7.2007 in Finland so this delay is really strange...

Heh, those swedes, they cant do nothing right ....

Pissed with the manual from Paradox, lousy 70 pages with nothing important on it. Did the physical shipment from BFC have the 200 page manual (printed) with it BTW?.

Guys, relax. Remember the following:

Paradox is a multinational company with subsidiaries all over the world so an issue at one location (which is what this was) can affect their worldwide scehdule.

From what I understand, they had a unforseen delay at one of the CD replication plants with mastering the v1.01 CD's (which is what they will be) and thats the cause for this new date.

As I have said before, now that we have already released the game officially on our website, these type of announcements or delays from Paradox have ZERO impact on us or our plans.

Our focus right now is the same, as it has been since the first person downloaded CMSF last Friday, which is to get the 1.02 patch ready for you all.

Well actually we have two focuses, the other one is to get the CD's and manuals shipped to those people that ordered the CD version, but that's out of our hands right now as we are waiting on those materials to arrive in stock (and we use a different printer and CD company than Paradox). Before you ask, yes our CD version will be v1.01 and will be that version until we sell out of our original pressing.

Madmatt

Hi Maddmatt

As I did buy the Paradox version and it has this shorter manual with it (why, by-the-way ?) then can the full printed manual be ordered from you separately?

To me this Paradox version with 70 page printed manual stinks a bit like increasing the profit.

Shouldn't BFC insisted that the manual is the same for Paradox version too?

We'll this teaches me NOT to support Paradox anymore....