So, who is NOT happy?

I love CMxx, I love BTS. But Syria 2007 is a real bad choice for me. Definately not gonna buy, sorry guys. I think this product will do good business on the American market - which all in all is cool by me.

I'd really prefer WWII. I will stick to CMBB and CMAK untill the CMSF '44/'45 campaign is out.

This thread has already been created and pad-locked. Besides, it seems like there are a few other threads that are basically just this, so you can post your comments there. This new thread is unnecessary. Also, did you read anything except for the setting? There is a lot of info about how cool CM:SF will be, if you look around a little. Give it a shot, you might change your mind.

Originally posted by Martin Krejcirik:

BTW Fokker, there will be no CMSF '44/'45 campaign.

Martin,

That is not what BTS said. Especially for those poor sobs accusing me of not reading my posts (not meant for you Martin):

"...The two releases are, in order:

1. Near future modern warfare

2. WWII western Europe 1944/45

..."

Check the "Official Announcement" post.

Originally posted by Martin Krejcirik:

Yes, but these are independent games, there will be no CMSF 44/45 campaign.

Okay, I think we are talking of the same thing but are callng it differently?

I call CMBB "the same game" as CMAK; just another scenario (as it is virtually the same engine).

Originally posted by Heil3451:

I don't get why people will refuse to play as US forces in a Syria setting in a COMPUTER GAME for seemingly political reasons.

For the same reason that they might not want to play CM:EL (Einsatzgruppen cleanse the Lebensraum), or CM:RD (Redcoats whip the Darkies), or CM:SG (Soylent Green). They find the subject matter distasteful.

Originally posted by Soddball:

For the same reason that they might not want to play CM:EL (Einsatzgruppen cleanse the Lebensraum), or CM:RD (Redcoats whip the Darkies), or CM:SG (Soylent Green). They find the subject matter distasteful.

... and yet they can happily play SS in Russia, some people are strange, indeed.

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Heil3451:

I don't get why people will refuse to play as US forces in a Syria setting in a COMPUTER GAME for seemingly political reasons.

For the same reason that they might not want to play CM:EL (Einsatzgruppen cleanse the Lebensraum), or CM:RD (Redcoats whip the Darkies), or CM:SG (Soylent Green). They find the subject matter distasteful. </font>

For me it's not about politics. Modern "war" just isn't very "sporting" is it! Neither was WW2 I hear you say. Yea, well you know what I'm getting at.... :D

The American military-industrial complex versus sweaty AK armed desperados just lacks atmosphere in my book.

Saying that, I'd happily lay a large bet that CMSF will be an awesome small unit simulation. Come on, we'll all buy it, what's £30 these days, a couple of hours work for christ sake.