CMSF, Vista, or Driver issues

CMSF hangs within the first few minutes of being in game. I am using all the default settings. Here is what Vista Problem Reports and Solutions tells me, see below. I have the latest ATI drivers Cat 7.7.

Any suggestions on this issue?

My specs are;

Manufacturer: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 4094MB RAM Corsair XMS 6400C4

Hard Drive: 1 TB Total

Video Card: Radeon X1800XT 256MB

Monitor: SyncMaster 931BW/906BW/931CW , SyncMaster Magic CX931BW (Digital)

Sound Card: (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)

Speakers/Headphones: Plantronics headset

Keyboard: G15

Mouse: G5

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)

Vista Problem Reports and Solutions

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: CM Shock Force.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 46a948d4

Fault Module Name: atioglxx.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.14.10.6645

Fault Module Timestamp: 4681bf53

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00460fda

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: ede9

Additional Information 2: 54b55ff41d44f6ed5dd5e8af9ac022bb

Additional Information 3: 29f0

Additional Information 4: 306c6266638b89681e89ffcb06237678

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 476755686

I did say "like" the nVidia problem; he does have a dual core like I do which made me suspicious. The problem I experienced, more specifically, is when models require more than one pass to render: my card craps out, and the fix is optimizing the models. Or so I was told.

This exactly same error happens to me, after only 1-2 minutes in game it freezes and windows cursor appears on the screen and CMSF stops responding. I tried this with 7.4 and 7.7 Catalyst, both have same problem.

My specs are;

Motherboard: 4CoreDual-VSTA chipset VIA PT880 Ultra

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.9ghz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Video Card: Radeon X800XT PE 256MB

Sound Card: 7.1 CH Windows® Vista™ Premium Level HD Audio (ALC888 Audio Codec)

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate

I would like to chime in as well.

I have all of the same symptoms as the other ATI people in this thread: I also get this in the error description when the game crashes:

Fault Module Name: atioglxx.dll

This is a show-stopper - the game is unplayable and my pre-order money seems wasted at the moment.

Poor Charles.

As if the game itself would not be complex enough, the problems can be anywhere from multicore support of the OS, the driver, the game, a combination of everything.

I wonder that these problems weren't discovered in the beta phase. The systems that have problems are popular and widespread, not esoteric.

Now i see the devastating review with other eyes. This game is definately in beta state.

It seems I paid for a alpha version. The graphics look decent at most(or should I say 3 years old) with balanced settings and then my fps is around 10-20(!!!!) I play World in Conflict with awesome looks around 70fps steady. Everytime I choose a unit the game freezes for around 1 second or just stops responding. In its current state it's simply UNPLAYABLE.

stikkypixie: I didn't mean to sound like I was comparing the graphics. The game has _performance issues_. I dont care what the game looks like if it's playable. 5-15fps, freezing and throwing to desktop are things that make it unenjoyable for me, not the graphics, no. I apologize if my previous post was unclear.

Yeah it seems some rigs have more problems then others, I'm still waiting for the demo to try out smile.gif . I'm just a bit irritated because everyone gets to play and I still have to wait.

Hope your (and everyone else's) performance issues go away. I'd be disappointed too to say the least if it didn't play smooth.

Good luck and have fun.

Well guess I am gonna have to wait for the next patch or the next release of ATI drivers. I reinstalled the drivers and I have tried every setting in the game and drivers, but it makes no difference. The games hangs after a few minutes of play and with the same error.

Count me in among those having this problem

M/B: ASUS P4P800-E

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz overclock to 3.3GHz

Memory: 3069 MB

Hard Drive: 300 MB SATA

Video Card: ATI Radeon x850

Monitor: SyncMaster 920nx x2

Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Extreme

Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech Desktop MX 5000

Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate

the error:

Faulting application CM Shock Force.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x46a948d4, faulting module atioglxx.dll, version 6.14.10.6645, time stamp 0x4681bf53, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00460fda, process id 0x1424, application start time 0x01c7d086ae54d02f.

I told myself a million times that I would to read numerous user reviews before purchasing more software. And then sometimes wait until post patch #1. Broke my rule and order Shock Force. Read great previews and believe it can be a solid sim. But there are numerous issues on my tried and true machine that make me want to put it aside for some time. Not experiencing the odd graphics issues that some mention but my frame rates are not great unless I run things 'balanced'. Other games I play are maxxed graphically speaking. Biggest complaint is that I cannot select units by left clicking. Nothing. I use a Kensington trackball but that shouldn't be a issue as everything functions properly in every other app. Anyone else having that issue. Just started reading forums posts a few minutes ago and it's discouraging to read so many posts where proud new owners are having problems. Need to start living by my rule described at the beginning of my post.