If the expansion comes out in a year will you still be playing ?

Hannibal

My two favorite games of all time are Star Fleet Command and Combat Mission 2.Love the varity of units in both games. I am waiting till I upgrade my pc to buy this game.I may even wait till the Marine expansion to buy this game .Do you see yourself playing this game a year down the road if no expansion has not come out by then.And with the exapnsions having the Syians as the op force when will that become old.Once you have beat up the Syrian as the Army and the Marines will you be that up to beating them as the British.

I think I will be playing a year down the road. At the risk of being called a "fan-grrl" I enjoy the game and really look forward to the modules and the patches.

So...yeah, after I beat them up with the Brits, after the Marines...I will probly beat them up again with the Germans and the Canadians. smile.gif

Originally posted by BeauCoupDinkyDau:

Wow. I thought the devs dropped that sucker like right after it's release.

Nope. It was followed by SFC2: Empires at War (an improved, but initially buggy revamp of the first), a stand-alone expansion called Orion Pirates, and finally SFC3 which was a dumbed down (although it has its fans) game that moved from the Starfleet (Battles) universe to the TV Next Gen one. There has been a lot of fan stuff, especially ship models, for all the games.

Orion Pirates was the peak IMHO. Top-notch strategy game in multiplayer with huge amounts of variety and an awful lot of skill required to play well.

As to the original question I doubt I'll 'still' be playing. Each expansion might start me playing again for a while.

I've given this a complete pass based on what I got from the demo, what I read here and in the reviews, and my dislike of the setting, but will check out a future expansion if it involves WW2. It should be fairly slick by then. I tried going back to CMBB and CMAK but found it's all gotten a bit "old" ... and that's from one of the old farts!! smile.gif

Given the fact that I still currently play "old school games": CM. I'm always willing to give a penny or two to BFC for they're latest combat mission series. It doesn't matter if certain games don't cut the mustard (ie Tow), I still feel it was a worthy investment in future games from BFC. I had my intial doubts with CMSF but the more I played the demo, the more I enjoyed it! Yes I have no doubt, down the pipeline, I will continue to enjoy CMSF.

Once the Brits arrive, I doubt I'll ever use US forces again. The US has the most powerful army in the world and the Syrians are no match for them at all. For me, the US/Syrian thing has very little longevity.

And once WW2 arrives, I don't think I'll be playing modern warfare nearly so often. At last, there will be some REAL opposition to the Allied forces and I think this game will really shine.