Vietnam module

Dunno,

Steve said this.

Origianlly posted by First Sergeant:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Because we'd sell a couple hundred copies, that's why [smile] There are certain conflicts that we simply doubt we can get people interested in. Three of them are the ones you mentioned, but there are more on that list than that. In fact, most conflicts are on that list. Even the fairly large, conventional Korean War is on the "weak sales potential" list. Perhaps they shouldn't be, but we don't make that decision. Customers do. We have enough experience to know what is worth doing and what isn't, and the Arab/Israeli conflicts are non starters from a sales standpoint.

Steve

Steve, which other ones are on the list? I presume Vietnam is one, based on your previous comments. Does that mean that wargamers will be forced to endlessly refight WW2 or modern hypothetical conflicts? I know that has been the general rule for flight simulations.</font>

I've been plumping for an Arab/Israeli game for years. I think it could be fascinating. That was practically the only theater where even medium sized mechanized engagements were being fought from the end of the Second World War until the Iran/Iraq war of the '80s. Apparently though, I am still in a small minority.

:(

Michael

I'd love Arab/Israeli or Vietnam for a module or seperate game. I think something like the Battle For Hue would be a great starting point for a Vietnam version because it, like CMSF, involved combined arms units in an urban environment. Maybe another module could cover the Easter Offensive?

This is where the closed architecture of the CM (and presumably CMx2) system lets us down. Given a fully developed modern combat engine like CMSF, modding up a Vietnam version should be a piece of cake--IF the game engine allowed us access to the data, which it won't.

I'm still keeping my fingers crosses that BFC sorta allows others to subcontract some work on other games/modules. I'm on an experienced team of modellers and texturers from another game who'd love the chance to tinker around. If given the ability, I think we'd love to do a Vietnam module (or USMC for SF, etc.)