Hey Steve?

How do you know that there are more people who play the AI than play pbem? I don't mean to insult you in any way or say you're wrong, but I just find it hard to believe.

I'm pretty confident KG_SSpoom and I have logged more time playing tcip/ip games than anyone. I love them. It's important to remember that even if there is no pbem function in CMx2, you can always stop and save tcip/ip games.

Lately, SSpoom and I have played the full spectrum of games in CMAK late '44: meeting, probe, attack, and assault in mirrored qb games of 1500 to 2000 points. One of us may only have 30 minutes or so to play, causing us to save and resume later (actually, I -- Germans -- still have to assault him -- Americans).

Problem for us boys over here at KG is that we just started actively pursuing and inviting you boys across the big pond to come visit our forums and get involved in our great team games.

If there is no pbem function, it will be impossible and sad that good players from far different time zones won't be able to play each other.

Good luck in finding a way to make it work. I'm sure you guys will give it your best effort.

KG_Soldier

[ August 31, 2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: MartinEden ]

*Ahem*

You might have missed this in the locked post?

Remeber that I don't think it will come to cutting PBEM, we just refuse to promise something without knowing if we can honor the promise. Which makes yet another thread like this rather silly since nothing is going to change. Some people love PEBEM... no kidding [big Grin] We GET IT. So what's the point in wasting time and energy typing up yet another near endless thread about this topic. Ooo!! I know... there is no point, yet some people can't help posting anyway. And guess what... I got a solution for that [big Grin]

Ughhh.... I think not. The question is (to Steve of course), by what means do you know that there are more AI players than pbem players, which I don't believe was answered or asked in the locked thread. I also wanted to mention the fact that even if somehow they are not able to put in an e-mail function, you are able to save and resume tcip/ip games.

KG_Soldier

Originally posted by MartinEden:

Ughhh.... I think not. The question is (to Steve of course), by what means do you know that there are more AI players than pbem players, which I don't believe was answered or asked in the locked thread. I also wanted to mention the fact that even if somehow they are not able to put in an e-mail function, you are able to save and resume tcip/ip games.

KG_Soldier

It's not the point bro...I think Mace is saying in a nice way that this subject has been beaten to death a million times over. It's of no import...it doesn't matter how Steve knows because Steve has Charles and if you've noticed Charles ain't what you'd call normal! There are things about ol' Chuck that are probably best left unsaid but even now I can feel him probing my install of CMAK looking, watching, waiting...SHHHHHH.....I must go!

Mord.

Originally posted by MartinEden:

How do you know that there are more people who play the AI than play pbem

um...

I could be wrong smile.gif

but isn't that a bit like asking:

"How do you know the light goes off when you close the frig door?"

(it just does)

but what do I know?

:confused:

-tom w

[ August 31, 2005, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mord:

I think Mace is saying in a nice way that ...

pfft. I doubt it. Mace doesn't do 'nice' </font>

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MartinEden:

How do you know that there are more people who play the AI than play pbem

um...

"How do you know the light goes off when you close the frig door?"

(it just does)</font>