What can we expect from the next patch

I'm not asking when the patch will be out. Steve was clear that it would be "shortly" and that's good enough for me. I'd just like to have some idea what the priority fixes will be. Will it be mostly performance/hardware fixes? Will PBEM be fixed? Will Bradleys and BMPs fire their ATGMs? Will there be a hunt or shoot and scoot command?

Yeah, the cam works (See my fix for some with problems in the tech area) I still think it is a little dodgy, but overall the major problem is AI/path finding.

Oh the wall LOS/LOF is a major distraction as well. I was lead to believe in pre-release forum discussions that hotspots would only be used for LOS and LOF would be actively tracked, obviously that isn't the case and it causes a big problem in this regard.

Guys, don't be so focused on your personal wishes. There are driver/performance issues. Charles is working on the ATI/Vista problem, when a unit is clicked, that leads to a crash.

Then there are many Geforce 8800 users with problems.

So don't expect too much from the first patch. Otherwise you could be disappointed and the whining begins like on the first day. :D

Give them some time for the TacAI. The better the results will be.

Originally posted by John Catsack:

A lot of people have been complaining about the camera, but I honestly don't have any idea what the gripe is.

One of the problems is the WASD control for the camara. After pressing a key the camara doesn't move at once, worse, it moves a lot after stopping pressing a key.

I hope pausable orders on elite make it in.

Real time has won me over quickly, but no pause for orders on elite detracts from the fun, and dosen't really make it harder, just forces you to micromanage.

That and the monitor refresh rate setting..60hz is killing my eyes.

but, obviously, pathfinding and wall LOS are the big kickers.

Of course... even if you're able to pause it's not going to change the fact that your guys will do incredibly stupid stuff.

When an enemy assaults a building my troops are in, *from the direction that they're facing*, and all my guys do is fire out the windows and then get shot in the back when the enemy enters unless I forcibly retarget them... that seriously sucks.

I saw that just last night. They could have peeled off a couple shooters to engage the enemy as they came in without losing their forward firepower... instead they just ignored them. Which is odd, since they were shooting at them until they got to the door.

I hope silly crap like that gets fixed in the next patch.

Originally posted by Steiner14:

Guys, don't be so focused on your personal wishes...

So don't expect too much from the first patch. Otherwise you could be disappointed and the whining begins like on the first day. :D ...

Yea, and lets not get all crapituded like Dale, (ha!), but a list to at least acknowledge what is definitely a bug or not or maybe just a gripe would be very nice.