AAR Captain Kangaroo goes to war

Plugger

I wouldn't assume your troops on the roof are safe simply because they're prone. Since the 1.05 upgrade I've been seeing some interesting new behaviors out of the AI, including several battles where I've taken serious casulaties as a direct result of RPG-equiped Syrians blowing the rooftops out from under my troops.

The problem you mention about the AI troops remaining static unless they have a scripted order to act otherwise may have been partially addressed already as well. I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes about it, but they've actually surprised me a few times since the upgrade. Not always smart moves, mind you - like bolting out of a building and running hell-for-leather down the road right in front of my tanks, for example, but surprising nonetheless.

As plugger said, however, those are purely time oriented. I can make all the AI troops pick up and run for the other side of the map at a preset time. If it happens to coincide with the player's taking of an objective or something then great. If not then it will just look like a massive Cluster. While I love the scripting I also loved the fact that CMx1 units would act on their own.

Believe me, event triggers are high on my list of wants and needs.

Excellent AAR by the way. Lots of fun.

Goodaye,

Glad you enjoyed the AAR. To answer a couple of questions.

The mother and eggs was a stuff up on my part. It should have been grandmothers.

I also didn't read the patch notes for 1.5 before updating as it clearly stated that previous save game files aren't compatible. Duh!

I'm aware that I can go back to 1.4 but I'm going to leave it as is and have already started doing another AAR which I'll post when I get the chance as family matters take precedence in the holidays.

Cheers,

PLugger