RPG - 18

Statisoris

I've been playing around in the editor a bunch waiting for the 1.04 patch to come out. Tonight I was experimenting with all the different Syrian troop formations with differing quality weapons. One of my goals was to find out if I could hit the right mix of formation and weapons quality to see if I could get the Syrian infantry to use RPG-18s instead of the RPG-7. I experimented for about an hour but found no working combination, except for the default single RPG-18 in some of the low end Syrian ATGM teams, which I already knew about. Have any of you ever seen any Syrian unit other than ATGM teams using the RPG-18s, or found the right editor combo to get this?

I dont care how lethal it is, I just want some Syrian infantry to carry it, in fact I want it because its less lethal. It would be cool to see Bradleys and Strykers gettting hit with these and not being destroyed 80% of the time like with the RPG-7 or 30 of these bouncing off an Abrahms. It would be cool to arm some Syrian infantry with these in an urban setting to even the odds in a US-Vehicle vs Syrian Infantry standpoint where currently its suicide to do something like a thunder run or convoy.

For all I've played the game I don't think I've EVER stumbled across an RPG-18 in the game. I'll try to load 'em up and give 'em a try.

I wonder - would an RPG-18 really be less lethal against a Stryker? The slat bars are spaced specifically to stop a standard 85mm(?) diameter RPG round. A smaller RPG-18 round might be able to skate between the bars intact, like the current HE RPG round does.

[MikeyD] - If you look in some of the inventories of lower end Syrian ATGM teams, you will see one RPG-18 in there. It was talked about in another thread recently I think.

The manual states that RPG-18 effectiveness is low against ceramic armor. I wonder if the ceramic applique armor added to the Stryker for protection against 14.5mm rounds would help out alot concerning the RPG-18. I really want to test this out. I think I'm gonna create a scenario with one of those low end ATGM crews that carry a RPG-18 and see how they fare against the Stryker and other US vehicles.

Originally posted by Statisoris:

I dont care how lethal it is, I just want some Syrian infantry to carry it, in fact I want it because its less lethal. It would be cool to see Bradleys and Strykers gettting hit with these and not being destroyed 80% of the time like with the RPG-7 or 30 of these bouncing off an Abrahms. It would be cool to arm some Syrian infantry with these in an urban setting to even the odds in a US-Vehicle vs Syrian Infantry standpoint where currently its suicide to do something like a thunder run or convoy.

A small problem~~M1 abrams not abrahms :D ~