Acquire command question

All,

If I have units in a tank/personnel carrier, is it always worthwhile to take whatever is there? The reason I ask is because I am playing a game as the Syrians and I have the chance to grab some rockets (whatever they are called) and was wondering if they are sometimes pointless to grab since I might not have a gun to shoot them.

The scenario I am playing with someone has a bunch of rockets in the vehicles but I do not see any weapons on my guys except rifles and pistols. If I grab a rocket, does that mean a rocket gun comes with it? Or am I wasting my time grabbing them?

Thx

jonpfl

I assume that the Rockets you are referring to are RPG-7 rounds. As such, you need a guy with an RPG launcher in your squad/team for them to be of any use. Check the manual, it explains what the various icons mean.

Grabbing "whatever is there" is not always a good approach, because extra ammo and equipment does add up to the overall weight your soldiers are carrying with them. This is tracked by the game engine internally and can lead to quicker exhaustion, slower movement speeds etc. So if you're not facing enemy tanks and need ever rocket there is, it's often a good idea to only take a few or even none.

The same applies to ammo and other equipment, and it applies to the US side just as well. (For example, Javelins are stored in the Stykers by default because they're quite cumbersome to carry around if not needed).

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

I assume that the Rockets you are referring to are RPG-7 rounds. As such, you need a guy with an RPG launcher in your squad/team for them to be of any use. Check the manual, it explains what the various icons mean.

Grabbing "whatever is there" is not always a good approach, because extra ammo and equipment does add up to the overall weight your soldiers are carrying with them. This is tracked by the game engine internally and can lead to quicker exhaustion, slower movement speeds etc. So if you're not facing enemy tanks and need ever rocket there is, it's often a good idea to only take a few or even none.

The same applies to ammo and other equipment, and it applies to the US side just as well. (For example, Javelins are stored in the Stykers by default because they're quite cumbersome to carry around if not needed).

Martin

I am at work so I am not sure what they are called (I am playing the Syrians). Is it possible that I am taking rounds that could be used by the vehicle (are they interchangable?). Sorry for the newbie type questions but I really do not know that much about current weapons/vehicles.

So, anything you can acquire is only ammo? There are no weapons you can acquire?

Thx

jonpfl

In general yes you can only aquire ammo although the CLU for the Javelin is something you have to aquire as well.

The ammo that you take out of the vehicle has nothing to do with the supply for the vehicle's weapons. While in real life you could do this, you can't in the game.

The Syrian Vehicles do not use RPG's, nor most of the ammo they store. So grab them if you think:

1. I may need more ammo and my troops won't be running a marathon to reach their objectives

2. You have AT teams and you're likely to run across armor or bunkers.

Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

I just got back to my PBEM game and the ammo is PG-7V Heat. Is that something that is just ammo and I need a special gun for? Or is that something I can pick up and use (all my guys have only rifles)

Thx

jonpfl