Infantry refusing to follow any order (bug)

KNac

Hi there, new bug? I don't know if this has been reported allready (I suppose, if so, feel free to close this thread).

In the first battle (Abu Susah) after ordering a couple of units to move (don't remember the exact command, it was either "hunt" or "quick"), they refuse to follow orders (a couple of squad memebers are always "planning"?).

They weren't udner fire, neither pinned or panicked, nor there was any enemy in sight. I tried to stop and give new orders but allways same problem.

Version is 1.02, played in RT. I've got a save game if needed.

If this was allready reported I'm sorry

I've had it happen when they have no CnC icons in their info bar. If they have no radio and can't see or hear their CO, how are they supposed to know what to do? In the end I moved my Platoon HQ up to them and they were OK again. I must add though that the HQ wasn't far away so they were only out of command for a minute or two.

Another possibility is that they were suppressed.

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

I've had it happen when they have no CnC icons in their info bar. If they have no radio and can't see or hear their CO, how are they supposed to know what to do? In the end I moved my Platoon HQ up to them and they were OK again. I must add though that the HQ wasn't far away so they were only out of command for a minute or two.

Another possibility is that they were suppressed.

I'm getting the same thing as the original poster, and this isn't what's happening. I've had this with multiple squads, none of which have been out of contact, or supressed.

It looks like I can only get them to respond to very short leaps - moving one floor down per order, or 20 feet away. Anything further away, and the movement order just gets cancelled. Even when they do "move", some of the guys in the squad don't move at all. Definately a bug.

Nah, I understand there are certain situations where the game is behaving as programmed, but the guys posting above are right....something ain't right... smile.gif

I had a squad of guys and ordered them ahead to the next building in front of them using the HUNT command. They were not under fire. After about a minute I realized they weren't going to obey the command. I tried again and waited. Nothing.

So then I issued them an ASSAULT command at the same location. Immediately they started the assault without hesitation. There were no enemy troops in the destination building.

So why wouldn't my troops honor the HUNT command ????????????

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

Nah, I understand there are certain situations where the game is behaving as programmed, but the guys posting above are right....something ain't right... smile.gif

I had a squad of guys and ordered them ahead to the next building in front of them using the HUNT command. They were not under fire. After about a minute I realized they weren't going to obey the command. I tried again and waited. Nothing.

So then I issued them an ASSAULT command at the same location. Immediately they started the assault without hesitation. There were no enemy troops in the destination building.

So why wouldn't my troops honor the HUNT command ????????????

This can happen if there is any enemy unit visible, even if your troops are not under fire. Makes me wish for another command, to proceed cautiously, but only stop if actually taking fire. The Hunt command can be a bit limiting.

Regards

I tried moving their Pl CO next to them, nothing. I tried the assault command and nothing either.

There is an automatic "quick" command (the one that appeir ie when units take seek cover alone), I tried to change that command into assault and there was some reorg inside the squad, but thats about it, then it appeired again and couldn't order ****.

You always will see same behaviour, check the squad and there is one soldier or two which are "planning" and the automatic quick command to some close spot.

Regarding "Hunt", going by the previous games the unit is supposed to stop as soon as it sees any enemy. If they stop and don't fire this could be because they don't have any suitable weapons to engage the target. In fairness, the original Hunt command in CMx1 was for vehicles only, which pretty well always had weapons capable of engaging a target at any range. Perhaps Hunt does not work so well for infantry in CMx2.

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

I'm getting the same thing as the original poster, and this isn't what's happening. I've had this with multiple squads, none of which have been out of contact, or supressed.

It looks like I can only get them to respond to very short leaps - moving one floor down per order, or 20 feet away. Anything further away, and the movement order just gets cancelled. Even when they do "move", some of the guys in the squad don't move at all. Definately a bug.

Noticed this while I was playing a TCP game last night, several times I was unable to order a squad to jog down the long road on the right hand side of the Blue start area in the Al Huqf Engagement scenario.

The order would appear but they wouldn't budge, no enemies in sight or any fire being taken. Definitely in contact with the HQ, as well.

After a few tries I had to assign several waypoints to move in a straight line.