WORLD OF Confli....

fra

I've played the demo of World of c....

I think that I'll remove it soon from my computer...

No depth only graphics.

Please Battlefront keep on with your patch CMSF will be a real Gem!!

What's your opinion (about the future of CMSF)?

Fra: Welcome and keep posting. Huntarr has it right. You'll not see threads either celebrating or denigrating other games last for very long. The forum is dedicated to CM. Please don't feel badly, you're new and couldn't have known.

Your actual question re: The future of CM:SF?

The future is bright for CM:SF. No doubt a very difficult birth, but a rich, deeply rewarding game, none the less. Now when the doctor cuts the warts off our baby's nose she'll be the prettiest little thing ever!

I love it. It's just not the same kind of game. I've been playing since closed alpha.

I will say that it runs flawlessly with very good graphics. They got the maximum FPS out of their code. It's a team RTS, which is something new and different. There's no resource mining, just fighting.

It's not really fair to trash it to make CMSF look good. They're both good, and I have to say that WiC was thoroughly tested before release.

That's my spiel, until this gets deleted.

Shrug, I tried the beta...

But I got quickly tired of rebuying troops ad naseam as they got constantly wiped in barrages..

Way way way too much artillery and nukes flying about in that game for me.

Otherwise the consept is sheer brilliance...

Online ww2 persistant front with Combat Mission unit system anyone...

Janster

Pfft! Both games are awesome! How is World in Conflict a waste of computer code? I personally find it nicely polished and great game play. One thing I wish CMSF would steal from WIC, is the camera controls!

But anyways WIC is a great game if you just want to drop into a server play a couple of games and utterly destroy the environments around you, use nukes, everything looks so well done in the game, I question if you played it for longer than 3 seconds(Perhaps you were going in thinking it was supposed to be an ultra realistic RTS sim).

Now CMSF, while imo, not as polished as WIC it is a whole different game and is one of the best(if not the only) realistic modern RTS sim. You can setup any scenario you like, and analyze what yo u did right and wrong and see how you will improve next time.

So, in conclusion World in Conflict is a game made purely for fun and it is! CMSF is a game made for realism and is fun for that. I would suggest being opened minded about video games instead of "omg this is not realistic, uninstall!".

Rant over, buy both.

I think BF has a policy on posting other games in this forums...
My only point is that there is a place for discussion of non CMSF. They have kindly provided a place for it on their site, it's just not in here.

Here is probably where it should go:

General Discussion Forum

General Forum for issues not directly related to Battlefront.com products.

See for me, Shock Force and the game in question are two sides of a coin sent down from heaven. WiC is more like playing an action movie, but you really do need to be smart to do well. Get a good game going online, against quality opponents, and just *try* to rush your tanks in like some other RTSs. See how far you get : ).

Shock Force has the realism perfected (assuming 1.03, of course), and WiC has a perfect strategy game for the masses. Personally, there is room enough for both on my hard drive.