M113 ?

First parts of 73 showed heavy IDF losses against well prepared Egypt troops at the Suez Canal high elevations. Their AT 3 saggers (and what else) whiped out quite some IDF tanks. (Like ATGM Ambush scenario in CMSF ;) ) I think IDF gaining back the momentum afterwards is more due to strategic decisions which had impact on the tactical scale and the big egyptian flaw of counter attacking waiting IDF brigades and therefore the Egyptians attacking under highly unfavourable conditions. If anyone is looking for that type of engagements, i think only a supercomputer would be good enough to simulate it in such detail as does CMSF. Large scale simulations are available but without any 3d or 1:1 represantation. If you are interested in such things, might as wel look at a company as a single icon. Would be nice though to command the egyptian attack on IDF Suez Canal fortresses with their Heavy WATER cannons blazing away the high sand fortifications and forcing a break through :D But what type of Forward Observer would serve to spot for the heavy Water Cannon batteries??? :confused:

Perhaps BF could just include the heavy water cannon in the Marines Module to simulate that effect. Might ass well throw in that m113 then since almost all parties used it en masse. Ofcourse the Marines Module wouldn't be realistic at all without any water cannons. They're marines after all, aren't they? :D

(the above is to be considered keeping the free speech law in mind (in my country it exists to some extent); furthermore it is purely my own biased opinion)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The water cannons provide an added benefit in that after the Syrians are defeated, we have their utility as a mobile washrack in the next module where we return home: "CMSF: Pass your vehicles by Customs."

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

The water cannons provide an added benefit in that after the Syrians are defeated, we have their utility as a mobile washrack in the next module where we return home: "CMSF: Pass your vehicles by Customs."

Oh Jesus, don't even remind me of those days. The first time, we spent 4 days of no sleep washing hundreds of humvees over and over again. They had details set up for that the other times, thank God for that.

Well, as per tradition (though not necessarily still technically required), we hit 300 so I'm closing this one up.

URC, I really do wish you'd take a fresh look at what CM:SF actually does instead of imagining what it doesn't do. Then put that into context with CMx1, or any other "non-sell out" wargame and see how it stacks up. But ultimately, that's up to you.

Steve