Hello,

The game is freezing randomly. It sometimes happens in the gunner view, commander view and outside view. I've tried reducing settings, updating video and soundcard drivers, etc.

Here are specs:

P4 3.0 Ghz

1 Gb of PC3200 RAM

ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256 MB

Audigy 2 ZS

Windows XP SP2

Any ideas? I've used the config application and I've also tried various settings inside the game as well.

Jeff

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 3.6GHZ, 1GB RAM, Windows XP PRO SP2,

GeForce 6800 PCI Express Ultra with 256MB, Nvidia 77.72 drivers, SB Audigy 2 with latest drivers. Game works fine except for intermittent freezes requiring reboot no obvious error message. Just to add to the list of different setups affected. Direct X Diag reveals no problems.

Same problem here as well. My specs are very similar to tarballs except a different video card (NVIDIA 6800GT). I am using NVIDIA's 77.72 driver release. No problems with other games...well except for Battlefield 2 but so is almost everyone else ;)

Same problem here!

System Specs

P4 650 (3.4GHz,2MB L2, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775)

Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe Bios Rev 0802

Lian-LI PC-60B-Plus

Coolermaster Real Power 550(RS-550-ACLY)

2GB Patriot(PDC22G5600+XBLK) DDR2

2x 160GB Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 Serial ATA II 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer (Raid 0).

XFX Geforce 6800GT 256MB PCI-E (Nvidia 77.72)

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (Latest WinXP Beta OpenAl drivers).

Creative Inspire 7.1 Speaker System

NEC ND-3520A DVD-RW

DirectX 9.0c

Thrustmaster Cougar (Uber2 NXT Mod)

Simped vario Pro Rudders w/F-16 Toebrake addon.

TrackIR3 Pro w/Vector Expansion

Logitech MX-518 Mouse W/Logigamer Lite Software

Polecat out

Same problem here. I got a number of freezes, where the sound keeps playing but the game is definately locked up. Go to Task Manager, it says T72 is running, which it sorta is, but it's frozen. Shut it down and start over.

First time was in the driving training, then I graduated to firing range, and I'm stuck there. What started out as about every third time, is now every single time. Same exact situation, at differing points in the mission, it just freezes, EOS.

Very frustrating because I can see T72 has real potential and when I can play it I like what I see.

Briefly, sys specs are P4, 2.8, 1GB ram, Radeon 9800 Pro with Cat 5.7 drivers.

Thanks Moon, I know you're checking this out.

Hmm it seems everyone with this problem, in this thread anyway, is using an intel processor. I have an AMD and the game hasn't frozen in a week of playing it. I've done all the SP missions a bunch of times and am 7 missions into the campaign.

Specs:

AMD 3200 64bit Socket 939

Asus A8V Deluxe

1.5 GB PC DDR 333 RAM

BFG 6800 GT/OC

Audigy Gamer

I have a Intel P4 and a Radeon 9800XT and have never gotten a freeze so I am not sure its Intel related. I was thinking perhaps driver related since all but one here are using those 77.22 drivers but 20mm is using the Catalyst ATI drivers so I don't that is it either.

You see freezes in different missions? Campaigns and solo missions alike?

Madmatt

I've had the freezes so far in the first three single player scenarios. Seems totally random. Some fellow in the other forum said to turn off grass...I haven't tried that yet. Did try turning off hardware acceleration on the sound. No joy. Music kept playing, everything else doing the arctic imitation. Ctrl-Alt-Del lets it go back to Windows, though, then it reloads nicely...just don't move. I tried staring down the enemy, but they didn't run away.

256MB Nvidia GeForce GTO w/77.72 driver.

SB Audigy 2 THX.

1 GRAM

3.4 GHz P4 w/HT

Leaf blower cooling system.

I'm having a CTD every time so far 1st Campaign mission, usually when engaging tank. This is bad.

I will try it with Grass turned off.

No grass = no problem. No ctd. yay.

[ July 20, 2005, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: klugman ]

I had a major freezing problem and had no sound. The fix for me turned out to be very simple. The codex and media player that the installer says is required. I uninstalled it. Fixed my freezing problem completely. Still testing this as I just figured it out but will post more info later tonight.

... I deinstalled the Divx codecs that came with the game, but the freezing keeps going. It is really annyoing fighting some time through a mission just to get caught in the middle by freezing. Hope this will be adressed soon. In general, I give it a thumbs up, I am really getting the hang of it. And it has potential, too.

I am having these freezes as well. I have a gigabyte motherboard with intell chipset. NVidia 6800 GT using the 66.93 Omega drivers. I have also tried the reference drivers but same thing happens. I have not upgraded to the 77.72 because they seem to be having issues with them.

If WinXP pro goes into sleep mode if I leave the PC it definately will not wake up the game.

Now if I could only work out how to use the range finder properly, "Sigh" more practice and reading somewhere.

Cheers MarkL

Last night I played continuously for 3 hours without a crash or freeze. I even had the grass turned on, and everything on high detail. 1024x768 32bit.

I believe the backbuffer mode to be the culprit, at least on my system. "X8R8G8B8" When it is set to that, I get crashes.

Now I leave it at"R5G6B5".

I hope this helps someone.

Klugman,

I will try that and report if that improved my situation here, too. Thank youfor the hint. The first setting is the default setting in my case, btw. I have to change the default config to get into the latter.

michael.

Ok since I posted last, I have gotten some more freezes.

I decided today to stop overclocking the cpu to see if it would make a difference, and It seems I have found the culprit. Overclocking!!! I have had no freezing after taking my time in 4 missions. After 5 hours of continuous play. Wierd since no other programs crash because of this.