Hey Martin,

That's fair. If the stars are crossed for me, well, that's that - whaddya gonna do eh?

Information helps and I believe that was what I clamored for. In the end, no matter helpful you and Matt are (and you both are), I think you guys just can't contain this problem personally as you are a step removed from the developers. Perhaps I've been a bit heated, but the fracturing of software markets across national boundaries is producing many success but some failures as well.

Despite the good intentions that you and Matt have, you are just not as directly in contact with the developers as would be preferrential. However, I know software is not a perfect realm and if 1% of us can't run it, well, that's that. You and Matt have proven more than equitable in this matter in light of the circumstances. All purchases carry a risk with them and I think Battlefront, now, has responded in a reasonable fashion to the freezing.

I am not privvy to sales figures, and you are, if we are the small minority, then I can accept that. The 1% of us left out due to the freezing will likely just move on now. I've personally removed the software and will just accept that this one was a bust for me. I've been a squeeky wheel on this issue as I was expecting accountability on the part of the developer and publisher. As the publisher, you and Matt have been fairly straight since I clamored for an answer - that is essentially what I think I was wailing for.

Respectfully,

J-

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for analysis purposes i submit the following:

I pre-ordered BOF and got it a few days after release. I have had the "freezing" issue since day 1 and it got worse as time went on so i gave up. I have experience with this sort of thing, i am a beta-tester for a PC wargame publisher, so i gave it my normal "trial & error" workout before moving on. It may be true that people don't post, i have had my hands full with other things, but here i am. My specs may or may not be helpful:

Alienware P4 Intel 2.8GHZ

1024 DDR Ram

GeForce FX5700 Ultra 128mg video card

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro souncard

Note: the freezing happened less frequently as i toned down the graphics options but ran just fine at full/highest as well(minus the freezing of course).

I forgot to post the specs in my previous post regarding the freezing issue I also experience. Here they are:

Windows XP SP2

P4 Intel 3.0GHZ

Gigabyte 8KNXP Motherboard

1024 Mb DDR Ram

GeForce 6800GT 256mg (Nvidia 77.72)

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (Latest WinXP Beta OpenAl drivers)

DirectX 9.0c

TrackIR3 Pro w/Vector Expansion

CH Products FighterStick USB

Hi All, I too was suffering the "Freeze" after about 10 mins of game play, I also have an Audigy card. But I did fix the problem! I used to suffer CTD playing with Falcon 4.0 all the time and this cure worked for it as well.

Go online and find a program call "EnditAll". Do a fresh reboot, run the program, which will remove a lot of background programs, and load up the game. Not only did I remove the Freezing issue I also increased the frame rate!

Try it and let me know.

Originally posted by Chukk:

Go online and find a program call "EnditAll".

Try it and let me know.

I am afraid that this did not do the trick for me. I guess the reason for so many different (and insufficient) suggestions here to fix the freeze is its random nature. Looks like I can play anytime between ten minutes and about 45 minutes or so, with one poster saying he was able to play it for three hours. I was about to post my solution, disabling the background music, as a fix right until now, when it froze after 10 min., again. It is really now a most frustrating matter for me as I spend a couple of hours in trying ... and I do not have an audigy card.

For the record, my Specs:

Pentium 4 CPU 3.40GHz

L2 On-board Cache : 1MB ECC Synchronous

Mainboard : MICRO-STAR MS-7091

Total Memory : 1.5GB DDR-SDRAM

Chipset 1: Intel 82915G/GV/GL/P/PL/GL

Memory Bus Speed : 2x 166MHz

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6610 XL 128 Mb (Nvidia 77.72)

Sound: C-Media Rear Panel Audio 5.10

Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Home (Win32 x86) 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

Game runs fluently with everything set up to high.

[ August 24, 2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Wehner ]