• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, no O/C, and the freezing is almost constant. What started out as every third mission, is now every mission darn near. I've run the Revenge mission probably 15 times and it's locked up every time.

I think that will about do it for me. Hoping this is resolved, because I, like a lot of you, see some real fun potential in this game. But not if you can't play it.

Could it have to do with hyper threading? I can only see Intel processors affected. I´m sitting with an AMD and the game has been rock solid for me and I have played all the missions including the campaign.

I dont have a clue what the cause is. I went thru each and every setting, changing, playing, crashing.

Over and over. The grass turned off worked ok for about two missions then it would crash again. The I thought it was hte 32 bit color causing it, because I could play for quite awhile before it crashed, BUT it did finally crash. And after the first crash it would crash consistently.

When I cranked my clock back down on my CPU, no more crashing period. So far anyway. I have high detail turned on , Grass and everything. 1024x768 32bit

I wish I could help you other folks. I just cant figure it out.

[ July 27, 2005, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: klugman ]

I am also experiencing random freezes throughout the game. Last night it actually froze while I was in the map screen. The mouse froze and I could not exit the map screen using F11. The tanks on the map also stopped moving. The strange thing was, the map shortcut keys still worked (Esc still paused the game, space key selected fire/hold fire, etc). I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close down the game.

Well guys I can't say it will work for everybody, but here is what I did and since then I only got 1 freeze instead of freezing all the time.

Open the t72 configurator and change a lot of stuff to low setting then you will see that it doesn't freeze. A possible culprit is the frequency setting which I suspect is the monitor refresh rate, I have it at 60HZ which is the same as my monitor rate.

It seems that even with a high end machine, the game is far too resource hungry. My machine is what is described as high end, but I have toned t72 down a lot to get rid of those horrible lock ups.

I think there is something to be done in the code, like optimisation of the code to avoid this, hey I am not a programmer, but it seems this game can't be played to its full graphical potential.

There are maybe hundreds of variables, like processors, speed, RAM VGA cards etc, etc. Plus the game is so configurable, I am sure it can take forever to point out what single reason causes the lock ups.

The best solution is to tone the game down with the configurator.

And if you have a marginal system....then I am afraid 'Spearhead' would be a good alternative!

Recived T72 yetserday already had 3 freezes in single missions, have not experienced with any other game, this makes it uplayable, very disapointed, have tried all suggestions in this thread

Specs:

AMD 3700

Nvidia 6800

1 Gig Ram

Onboard Sound

Tarball,

This was posted in another thread before you posted your last. I will repost it here.

Rune

Hi guys, just dropping in to say that yes, work on a patch is going on, too, and this freezing issue that some of you have is the top on the list, and what the devs focus on primarily at this point. It just takes a little more time. Keep in mind that the devs are in Russia, that complicates things a little (even as far as getting some hardware etc.)

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Battlefront,

This is too grave a matter to be buried deep down in a single post. Please give progress reports on your main page or at least make a sticky. Right now, this software is absolutely unusable in its present condition. This can't possibly be limited to a few as nobody would know much about this title that don't come here to this forum or other online wargame-oriented sites.

Again, this matter is far to severe for a simple "ho hum" posting buried as a reply in a thread. This issues needs higher visibility.

Jeff

I have never O/C'ed anything ..not even a fan. Yet I have random Hangs in the game. Sometimes I can play through a whole mission with no problem. A day later I can try same mission and it hangs up just looking at the map. It can happen with nothing going on ..just me sitting in the drivers position with no shooting going on, all of a sudden "Hang". Never a crash ..just hangs.

Regards,

Gunz

Tarball, only perhaps 10% of all our customers ever post on the forum it seems. Don't ask me why, but obviously we track and have the stats, so we know for sure. So when I say that only perhaps 1% of customers are reporting this issue, I mean it.

But even if it's only a comparatively rare bug, it still is a grave issue, because like you say, when you run into it, it's an showstopper. And this is something that we cannot and do not want to let stand. We know how frustrating this can be. Incidentally I ran into a similar issue like some people reported here with T72 with a game I recently got, The Fall. Not sure if it's out yet in the US or only in Germany. Anyway, it would freeze randomly after a few minutes in. I never got it to work on my desktop with an ATI card, but it works flawlessly on a Geforce. From what I see, the devs of that game are also looking for solutions at the moment...

Anyway, we're working behind the scenes to try to come up with solutions. Nobody has to "learn a lesson" with us like some people posted in another thread.

The meeting at GC was good and productive, and we are collecting issues at the moment. Me or Matt will soon open a sticky thread here to address this issue, give a brief report of what we got so far, and perhaps have a few instructions for people to try out. Stay tuned, but please stay patient, also.

Martin

I assume you mean me Moon (my last post ended with "lesson learned"). You may have taken that out of context. I'm not looking to flame or cause any trouble. I merely stated that people should give the developers a chance to fix it. If it wasn't fixed then it would be a lesson learned. By no means am I criticising the battlefront people. K?