A question and a proposition for Clay

Junglist

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good aittam. Although, I personally would prefer if you stayed whether or not the numbers are even. As long as everyone on the two teams is all ready accounted for, I can't help but think it would be nice to play with the maximum number of humans possible.

Gents, I'm having a devil of a time rounding up the Dev Team (it's kind of like coordinating bots). I might not be able to get a firm game setup until the next weekend - the 22nd. However, since we're all massing for the 15th anyway, we can definitely still play! But the official Upstarts vs. Devs match is probably going be delayed. Is the 22nd OK for you Upstarts, with a practice game for fun on the 15th?

I'll play with/against you anytime Clay. Any idea what time you might be free to go online Sunday? Name a time and I'll be there. It would be fun to play a casual game with any and all people out there who want to mix it up. It would give us more time to study your habits and tendencies in the game too, not a bad thing at all.

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

Almost any time is OK for me, but just to throw something out there: how about 3pm EST? (This way I can nurse a giant Starbucks coffee before the game).

Sounds good to me!

But I'm not sure we should allow Clay the advantage of a strong cup of coffee. That's definitely a banned substance for athletes.

Good thing I'm a programmer by trade :)

Great stuff. I got to play alongside the Creator which was instructive. I will remember those tactics when I'm playing for the Upstarts :)

If I've learned anything today, it's getting the right tanks into position around 6 minutes before the end of play.

On Sea Cliffs, we were a little slow to switch from heavy bombardment with numerous Mortars to the assault squad. That cost us the game - good use of EWV and the Galaxy meant we only had limited success with Artillery and we were still facing a significant force at the endgame.

On the Swamp (Down on the Bayou) scenario, we managed to get established at the Objective and keep it. Grouping up each wave of tanks so that we never went it alone, and good comms meant that we could pin a player down with one tank and hit it from the side with another.

On Black Canyon, we were victims of a masterstroke - a cutter drop fest at our base by the enemy just at the point we wiped the enemy base off the map. Nicely timed and no chance of a real response before the time ran out.

Last map I played was Volcanic Deposits (I can't believe we actually played both my maps - woohoo!) and we managed to seize the objective in the dying moments but we were about 30 seconds too late to get the win.

All in all, great stuff. Average player count was 9 human players, which made for intense, complex battles. Props to ThePhantom for murdering me multiple times in the Swamp, and to Jung for excellent strategies. And thanks to Clay for turning up to play with the Upstarts. We look forward to the Dev vs Upstarts match :)

Ding-dong, tick-tock, come Sunday who's ready to rock?

Just in case the Devs get the courage up to face us this Sunday we (the Upstarts) need to firm up our line-up. Based on last Sunday's participants, cross-referenced with the original Upstarts posters, the line-up as I understand it is: Nexus, Phantom, Iceman, Sabot, and myself. There were a few others who also expressed interest in playing. Unless I'm mistake we max at six, leaving one space open.

Upstarts, if Clay can rally his troops, please sound off following his announcement.