A question and a proposition for Clay

Junglist

This match was on the full game server. If ya didn't own the full game, ya couldn't get in. And if ya do, chances are the server was full tongue.gif

I had a blast. Had to drop out a few maps early, as my connection was going, but it was the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm finally starting to get my viper skills down. Poor Clay.. I must've made the men in his tanks hurl once or twice ;) (Think Barrel Roll tongue.gif )

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game guys! I think I did pretty well considering I haven't played online for a few months :D I want to congratulate whichever of you sneak Upstart bastages thought of putting the AA missle turret on top of the building in the second to last match. That nailed quite a few of our Drop Ships until I finally spotted it. Then the real frustration came in because I was using a Thor 120mm and you guys still controlled the flak towers. Then we captured it a few minutes later and the next round I sailed forth nailed that bugger! (BTW, I thought we won that game too, as well as the last one).

My personal best moment was in the last game where I had a Thor heavy mortar well out of sight. I sailed a couple of rounds down on top of JBY just as Clay killed him. The transcript (from memory) was as follows:

Me - Clay and ImperialGrunt... hold your positions. I've sent some mortar rounds your way and you don't want to move until after they hit.

Clay - Roger

Imperial Grunt - Roger

Me - they should be there about now.

Clay - ARGH!!!! (I can hear explosions over his mic as I see all his soldiers get friendly fragged).

Me - Sorry about that!

Oh the shame :D

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I want to congratulate whichever of you sneak Upstart bastages thought of putting the AA missle turret on top of the building in the second to last match. That nailed quite a few of our Drop Ships until I finally spotted it.

Guilty as charged (or at least I think that was me - it's a favourite tactic on the city map :) )

Great games! And I have a few more Clay markers on the door of my Apollo H :) Happy days.

P.S. I know there are some Nexus6a markers on Clay's door too :mad:

Of the 4 games played yesterday between the main group of Upstarts and the Developer croonies the results were:

Game 1 - decisive win for Upstarts

Game 2 - minor win for Upstarts (CTF with no flag capture on either side)

Game 3 - decisive win for Upstarts

Game 4 - decisive win for Developers

From my understanding you guys also played a Game 5 against a greatly reduced Upstarts line-up, kinda like the schoolyard bully picking on kids when nobody else is around. Unfortunately that action took place after we had already seized everything valuable on the planet, so there.

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

[QB]

1) (dead gulch) Memorable for clay being flown around by iceman. So you think you could impress us upstarts with fancy tricks, huh? The battle from my POV was: at first I sat around guarding our base, but the devs were too cowardly to attack, so i went of in a cutter following Jalinth ( I think), on the way I disposed of battlenoodles in an apollo I think, when I got to the top grappler killed me. not to be deterred I tried from the north, here grappler and clay got me, so I thought okay... then the next base and snuck toward the easternmost base. Jung appeared at my side in a hermes and Nexus gave some arty support and we decided the game!

2) (archipelago) a somewhat confused affair,the setup phase was cool, we dug trenches and deployed turrets, looked real professional, at first the devs tried to bully their way in but were repulsed . one funny moment: clay was attacking in a thot right next to our reinforcement zone, and I appeared (so to speak) out of thin air next to him, but my aim was mangled by the exhilaration of having pulled off such a cool trick and by the time I got my second shot off, the big turret swivelled around and vaped me.during the rest of the game I tried to protect the flag carrier with a bacchus with mixed results. Should have stayed in the base to keep clay from sneaking in repeatedly.

3) (forgot the name)IMO the upstarts best game. we, well actually nexus smile.gif had a plan, we attacked from the SW and NE. nexus placed sensor jammers, the last third of the game I was in the NE attack and picked off an incredible amount of enemy vehicles trying to reinforce the objective. 22 kills :D

4)(city) confused. I was especially confused because it was a new map for me.

5) (ice mountain island thingie)Alesia? there is no Alesia

This map is difficult for the attackers in any case, especially because the terrain causes multiple bot deaths. me and Jalinth tried to nibble away at the defences, but it took too long clear mines and turrets in the face of a strong defending team. wont let the bots drop next time.

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

5) (ice mountain island thingie)Alesia? there is no Alesia

This map is difficult for the attackers in any case, especially because the terrain causes multiple bot deaths. me and Jalinth tried to nibble away at the defences, but it took too long clear mines and turrets in the face of a strong defending team. wont let the bots drop next time. [/QB]

It's a tricky map for the attackers if the defenders know what they are doing.

As an attacker it is critical to specify and manage the dropzones using the tactical display. You do not want ANY bots dropping NW of the base - they will never make it up the slope.

I have other tactics for this map but you'll have to play with or against me to find out what ;)

• 1 year later...

I was thumbing through some of the old posts and stumbled across this blast from the past. Feeling a little nostalgic I ended up reading through all the posts, as well as the Upstarts AAR sticky from the preview matches the week before. Geez, that was fun, eh?

Posted by Phonan

Wow, what happened to all these people?

I'd say real life and other games had something to do with it. Still, this only reminds me of one of our jobs at the moment, which is: Getting more people online for Sunday and Wednesday. poesel said he could recall only 2 times when the server was completely full, and that was probably before Delta Pavonis became a little tipsy. But the fact that Chilibird's still in touch is encouraging, so we should at least try a very concerted effort to get more people online.

P.S. Phonan, I've made an Angry German Kid spoof here:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=48;t=000497 I've been trying to get people to look at it and add on to it, but no one's put in their own additions. So I'm trying to personally approach people to look at it. Think you could look at it and add your own funny parts? :D