Never... really NEVER do this!

Im playtesting my own map, kind of big Europe and I managed to get half a dozen french ships and a dozen french corpses to the britain mainland before Paris fell (it's a huuuge map).

In this modded game Germans NEED to have stationary troops, else partisans rise everywhere. All France was occupied... all France... but one single village... called Paris. By simple coincidence. The Germans moved their troops and forgot to put a little corpse into it again.

A partisan rose and occupied paris. France was free again. For two seconds. The Germans bate this partisan into little pieces and France was occupied another time.

But after that... every single french free unit was destroyed. Almost 20 free units just deserted.

So, if you have the CHANCE to get Paris, only do that if you are very, very sure to keep it.

But to be serious... what happened there? The Free Units went to GB and became British Minors (with that little french sign on their base) I thought. But as a matter of fact they seem to stay french. If that's right perhaps HC could make them with an event french again after the US or GB took Paris, because they are french, not british.

But if that's true... how to protect free units from actions like this?

Normal Dude,

As you know, a lot of people posting here speak and write English as a second language, so most of us read through things like that. Maybe it's better to correct them, not sure.

Anyway, it sounds like there were a lot of corpses too. ;)

Hm, 5 answers and nothing ontopic. That's a pity.

@Blashy: 100% in this case (modded). They were free french units already under british control, France was free and occupied again, they surrendered all altough on the british main isle. I find this interesting. This may not happen.

Originally posted by Retributar:

Jersey John![Hello Stranger, pull up a seat and make youself Homely!] is that like 'Loosing' instead of 'Losing'?.

------

By the way!...check out...the MODS & SCENARIO Forum http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=59;hardset=0;start_point=0;DaysPrune=0

Thanks, I will. smile.gif

Retributar

And Greetings to you too, Stranger!

Sitting here very homely in deed. ;)

After four years of posting at this place, Loosing and Losing both look pretty normal to me. :confused:

Could be, in our own modest way, that we're forging the English language of tomorrow! tongue.gif

We had this same bug in SC1. If you retook Paris (say in 43) then lost it again.. all Free French Troops that you had 'saved' in 40 were lost. I'm not sure, but I think at one time the Axis got plunder from France every time it happened (was patched?)

But again thats SC1