I haven't seen this discussed already, but looking at the first screen shot (the one entitled 'add unit'), there are numbers in brackets after the troops type, e.g.:

HQ (4)

Corps (3)

Army (3)

etc.

Does this mean that there might be troop limits in SC2, and if so, will it be optional?

They have stated numerous times that it is possible to put in unit limits with the editor. Don't know if there will be such limits in the standard campaign though, they probably haven't decided about it yet.

Well, I've been a long advocate of "soft" limits

(i.e. law of diminishing returns kicks in if you

build too much of one unit), but I can understand

how it can be heck to figure out exactly how to

get soft limits to put a brake on say the endless

air units we saw in SC1, so hard limits is a

viable, if inferior, alternative.

John DiFool

it can be heck to figure out exactly how to get soft limits
Not really. Just apply a cost increase of some % to the unit type if limits are exceeded. Say Germany has a limit of 6 AFs and a soft limits option is selected. If the game is going really well for them and they can afford the extra cost for a 7th or 8th AF, then this what-if can happen (ie, more resources = more units). Or stick with a hard limits option that can't be exceeded. Or go with no limits. Or, edit the limits to be whatever you think they should be. Whatever. ;)

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Plan is to have both "soft" and "hard" limits an option. *Unlimited* is also and an option simply by setting a high hard limit value.

I'm starting to lose my mind with all the flexibility you are putting in Hubert, but hey keep it coming...

Air units in SC would not be so overwhelming if the jet and lr tech were not the game breakers they are.

Or just making the cost of air higher in SC would reduce air production.

Like 500 standar and +50mpp per level.

But luckily this won't be an issue in SC2 smile.gif