"Good thing I ordered the digital download

and the physical DVD."

So.

Now?

Of a sudden?

You are liking the products better

Than you - once upon a time,

Did? :confused:

You can't be a critic without testing the product ;)

I don't mind spending the money, it made me a bit wiser again and my review supported my earlier views of Slitherine. [/QB]</font>

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by n0kn0k:

It's not about how much you earn,

but how you spend it ;)

I love games and gamedesign,

so I'd rather go without shoe-laces then games.

And all Dutchies know the Beach Boys ofcourse tongue.gif

What, you slither into yer wet-suit,

Paddle far out into

The Nord See,

Then!

Shoot the curl,

Walk the board,

Back & forth,

Hanging 9,

Until!

You hit... the dyke? :D

@Retributar --- So you're building a new office & things, eh? Very nice indeed, Kittycat, Cananda or wherever. I highly recommend buying a woodstove! That's the way I heat my house, it's the only way to live. I can send you some shots of how to live in style smile.gif

@DesertDave --- If you're in true need of a few bucks for food, clothing, & a KJV...let me know. Don't want to see you with a cardboard sign,"Vet in need". Despite what many don't do, I do. I give my change in the Honda away to those on the corner. And the rich man wouldn't even give the crumbs off his plate.

@NoNookie --- So you're being logical about this new product, good idea, son. I've been to Glenhaven, Michigan to watch those Dutchies dance with woodshoes, ouch they hurt. You taken care of Europe until I visit? Might be a few years before that...but I might be in Israel in March. Beach Boys, that's old school. They've got "fun sound", maybe CEAW does too? I'm more about Elvis.

Commander in Europe (At War) & Chief,

-Legend

Originally posted by Desert Dave:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The Yogi:

I'm not sure yet if I will spring for it or not. By the way, it will be $39 on NWS.

Let us know if you spring

Or don't spring.

Many will be hanging on yer decision!

</font>

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@NoNookie --- So you're being logical about this new product, good idea, son. I've been to Glenhaven, Michigan to watch those Dutchies dance with woodshoes, ouch they hurt. You taken care of Europe until I visit? Might be a few years before that...but I might be in Israel in March. Beach Boys, that's old school. They've got "fun sound", maybe CEAW does too? I'm more about Elvis.

Commander in Europe (At War) & Chief,

-Legend

Israel is pretty nice according to my mother, she was there for a few weeks some years ago.

The airport guards with Uzi's were kinda scary though.

jon_j_rambo

Thank's for the offer to send me pictures, sure!...i'll take a look at them, i'd really like to see them,...as i still have wood left over after clearing the property [in KITIMAT]!. By the way i gave most of the wood from the felled tree's to the neighbor's as i am now putting in a 'Geo-Thermal' heating system which will then compress [by mean's of a Compressor] the underground ambient heat from (~ Approximately) ~39F to ~160F [Even when its -20F outside in the Winter] which will then heat my 'Domestic Hot Water Supply as well as my Radiant Floor Heating Fluids].

Please send pictures to retributar@hotmail.com

@Retributar --- Ah, you have that hot water on the floor thing going on, I hear it works well. Nice job with the energy use.

@TheWorld --- Don't worry about Global Warning & saving the seals. With Revelation #4 & beyond, everything is toast. Animals don't have souls & are under our domain. I won't save one animal until all the lost are saved first!

Nice to see some feedback from SC players. I'm thinking of getting this one from NWS Online as well. I enjoyed SC a lot but never was able to get into SC2. It seems like there's a lot of potential in this new game and I look forward to hearing more comments/comparisons!

@DesertDave --- If you're in true need of a few bucks for food, clothing, & a KJV...let me know. Don't want to see you with a cardboard sign,"Vet in need". Despite what many don't do, I do. I give my change in the Honda away to those on the corner. And the rich man wouldn't even give the crumbs off his plate.

Hey! Idaho Ivanho!

Thanks for the offer,

But,

I'm gettin' by alright. :cool:

Haven't - always,

Then again,

Who has?

I ken appreciate that your offer

Comes from a right

Righteous heart, and

You know - and I know what that really

Means, but it seems some don't, well,

That's alright too, but

Them kind are often the very SAME

(... IE, who don't LIVE here)

Who ain't got a Sherlock clue

What America was, is

And ever will be... all about, neither. ;)

WRT all the fair-minded commentary

About that OTHER game, well,

Just goes to show

The immense DIFFERENCE between SC Community

And them other 2 I'd mentioned,

Whoso seem to delight in trashing

THIS game, and this game maker.

Rare is the one

At Smithereens or Matrix

Who has given Hubert

Much, if any CREDIT

For gifting us all

With that most amazing! editor.

They ain't got no class, man.

And so,

I tell you straight,

You ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Just wait 'til you

Get a glimpse of this next game

And what you can do with

That next Editor! :cool:

Well I had a look and was not impressed at the graphics, even though these types of games are not all about graphics you can still (and should) do a decent job. What they did looks 5-6 years old.

The features, all I will say is that I'll take SC2-WaW and its features over theres anyday as I feel it has more.

It is hard to say they copied from other games as when you try to make a WW2 game that is in the "beer & pretzels" category you become limited on what you can do and you will HAVE to use stuff that already is out there because it has been done before... you simply have to try an innovate in a very small window, quite difficult.

Finally, anytime a product of the same nature of SC2 comes out (Turn based, simplified game) I think it can only do that community some good as it increases viewer ship on the subject.

Blashy actually "sort of" makes a good point. The jury is still out on CEAW. Rather than pitting SC2 vs CEAW, just be glad there are more products in this genre. There's only so much newness that can be brought out.

Seriously, was 3R really that good? Maybe in 1979 it was...NOT. I thought it SUCKED. Was Panzer General really that good? NO, you could smoke the A.I. with ease.

SC1 was a blast.

SC2 is a blast. (see current tense)

CEAW is great.

Wow, I actually sound diplomatic? Must be the married life mellowing the Legend. (don't believe that for a second.)

I'd love to help settle the Palestinian & Israel conflict.

-Legend

I've been checking it out on the forums, etc. I have to say some of it looks good, but I haven't bought yet because of some seems to be major drawbacks, PLUS I've got to save my dough for SC2-WaW!

But I might in the future - maybe after the first patch?

I agree though that another game on this subject can only be good!

Bought the game last night verses my better judgement.

Played it a couple times. It is very interesting. It seriously needs weather to be competitive verses SC2.

Hexes are a huge improvement over SC2 squares. I hate squares. Hated them in Tactics II and still do. Thank you Avalon Hill for inventing the hex.

Convoys are much more fun.

Leaders are actually better still expensive but not as bad as SC2. Not sure what they do since I dont have the rule book but still I like there system on that.

AI seems very competent. Comparable to SC2 but I will require more play time to know if either is actually better.

There system for techs is different but equivalent.

Units are much less expensive but that is good since there is much more land to control.

It has both Strategic and Tactical Bombers but since I have only had Tactical dont know the difference.

The combat system is in many ways better then SC2 the pushing back of units is really fun.

I would say the game can be as good as SC2 but not without weather. The lack of weather doesnt give the tactical feel of WWII. It has a great Russian winter but other then Russia there is no weather.

I also got the game last night and i have to say it's really fun to play. I'm a little lost with some of the feature's. Should learn it better once i get the manual!I agree with you Targul, the game really needs more weather effects but overall it's a great game, which will only get better with some tweaks. I'm definitely not jumping off the SC2 bandwagon, can't wait for the new expansion to come out! Money's no issue when good WW2 game's are available! I just wish i have time to play them all! :D

I have read all contained in this thread,

And,

I have read all WRT to this OTHER game,

At a couple other purely

Fanboi sites.

And so, I have changed my mind.

I had originally said

That I would pay $25.00 for it,

Same as what Hubert had for SC-1.

Now,

Since I am a little better informed,

I guess I'd now pay, oh,

NO MORE than $19.95.

Been playing almost all these WW-2 GS

Games - board & pixel,

Since we were introduced to Third Reich.

That OTHER game is commercially exploitive

JUNK.

Same as Grigsby's serio-cynical rip-off.

You guys that like it, well,

You can have it.

Yeah, yeah I hear ya.

NICE!

That we got another game in the genre,

LOLOL! :rolleyes:

Like I say - maybe,

Another year,

Many & manifold patches,

It MIGHT be worth $29.95.

Those coy cats what made this thing

Apparently,

Can't hardly grasp

The INTRICACIES of WW-2,

Let alone - what makes ANY game

ANY good.

Too bad.

Nice try, PITIFUL poor execution.

[ June 20, 2007, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Desert Dave ]

Well I've played a full game as Allies vs the "A.I.".

If you even dare to call it an A.I.

I beat the Germans back with the Frenchies and at the end of 1940 I'm invading the Ruhr area.

After that a bunch of minors join Germany and when in oktober 1941 the Sovjets join it's over.

But I could prolly win it win France alone at the easiest level :/

I was going around them in a huge circle with loads of corps units.

- I beat up Africa without getting any response at all.

- I evac all French troops from africa without an attempt at a takeover. The Italians just sit there.

- Invasion of Sicily only one garison unit and no response.

- German navy can be blocked at the canal with only 1 ship!

- In the North about 5 ships will make sure that all your convoys will arrive,

just make a chain and you will detect them all.

- Subs are way too weak.

- Also noticed a bunch of bugs with the terrain indications.

Can only conclude that it's a pretty shallow game without:

- diplomacy

- hardly any meaningful decisions in research.

You just dump as many as possible in research, plenty of cash to go around.

- No weather effects except for an annual winter event in the east.

Conclusion, it doesn't hold a candle to SC2,

and I would be really surprised if anyone would switch from SC2 to this game.