What's the coolest stuff of SC-2?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Blashy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by acrashb:

No-one has mentioned multiplayer, although it's listed on the SC page - how is it working out?

Multiplayer works fine and you can easily convert a Network, Hotseat or PBEM to either one. You just have to move one file to the appropriate folder and voila! </font>

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

"Are you stupid or something?" --- From the movie Forrest Gump.

Unreal,

Legend

All I'm saying is that I'm tired of copy protection, ie: starforce, that does way more than it was supposed to do in the first place. As long as copy protection on SC2 only does what it's supposed to do I'm fine, although as a customer I'd rather they left copy protection off. I've even had problems with safedisc and IL2 way back so it's not like any of these copy protection schemes really work perfectly. Starforce on Enigma Rising Tide caused me to burn coasters for awhile. The nice big paper manual ONLY should be all the copy protection they need. Lets just stop discussing it because I'm not going to reply kindly to quotes like the above from the you. ;)

@HeinzCopy --- All I'm saying is that I'm tired of copy pirates, it cheats honest people, like me smile.gif Of course you'd rather have the copy protection off, so you can copy it. You know why you don't want to respond? Simple, you feel guilty. Don't break the law kid! I'll make it simple for you: Do not copy SC-2, do not hack it, do not attempt to distribute it. You claim to be a customer, than be a paying customer. Fork out the $45 + shipping (to Red China or where your pirate organization is), then stick the disk in computer, and play the game. What's so difficult about doing that? Far as you not responding to the Legend, I'm sure you won't. "The wicked flee when no man pursueth it". I would like to smack you around a little more, but my dinner is up.

Doing my job,

Legend

I hope it will be possible to play the game without the CD in the drive like SC1.
What CD? SC2 will ship with 12 floppy disks, each one having separate StarForce protection. Players will have to register their game online to get a 27-digit access code which they will then have to enter every time they play the game. Not only will you need ALL 12 floppies available during gameplay for random security checks, popups will also randomly ask for things like "Enter the fourth word in the second line of the third paragraph on page 63 of the User Manual." Once you get used to it, it really isn't a hassle at all. tongue.gif

I'm 100% with JJR on about this CD copy guy.

Fork out the cash!

HC & others have worked long and hard to produce this game. It also might be directly linked to their livelhood. PAY THE MAN!

---------------

On the CD in the tray to play ... I don't necissarily like it but, I can live with it. That's why I bought a 2nd battery for my laptop when travelling.

pzgndr,

"What CD? SC2 will ship with 12 floppy disks, each one having separate StarForce protection."

I hope you are not serious about SC2 being shipped on 12 flops. I no longer purchase the 3.5" floppy drive as a standard config for most of my systems. I have already preordered SC2, however, I hope your are simply attempting to amuse us with this reply!?

I do not mind copy protection as a rule as otherwise many seek the easiest (aka "least expensive") path...

thanks

Guys, the copy protection we'll be using with SC2 (and any other Battlefront game from now on) does not rely on CD protection at all. You will be able to play without CD in drive and copy the game contents as much as you like. What we will be using is a digital rights management system relying on online activation of your license when you want to install and play. You will be able to do the online activation from any computer, so you will be able to install the game also on computers without an internet connection. We're going to officially announce this fairly soon, with a lot more details than I can give here.

BTW, I would have preferred not to use any copy protection myself. But keep in mind that up until now that's precisely what we did, and our goodwill has been abused by the players out there, as we have been finding way too many pirated copies in distribution across the net. Being an indie developer and publisher, stuff like this hurts us the most, because we do not sell millions of copies, so we we have to take action. Not because we have nothing better to do, but because our approach so far quite simply does not work.

Piracy, to some extent, is something that we could very well live with, even use to our advantage as a marketing platform. But it's exceeded that level by FAR in the past months. With the - soon to be officially announced - digital delivery of our games, we have also used the opportunity to put a very effective copy protection/DRM system in place. It's very simple and not intrusive at all, and doesn't require anything from your hardware (of course it can be made intrusive, but being Battlefront, we are going to implement a very liberal version; at least when compared with the standards of some other digital delivery platforms out there).

Anyway, before I spill all the beans here... wait and see. The official launch is very soon.

Martin

Agree with GungHo, don't hijack my thread...

1) How many surface ship types are there?

2) Can paratroops attack the turn they land?

3) Does time progress consistantly, or is it like SC with more turns in the summer?

4) Are the fortifications cool?

5) Is the Suez Canal a two-way trip?

6) Is there any AA-bugs?

7) Landing bonus been removed?

"You're going to talk to me" --- Cops to Rambo, in the movie classic, Rambo First Blood.

-Legend

1- Gotta leave something for you to look forward too.

2- Yes.

3- Turns are like SC, with weather in the game it works out great, wait and see smile.gif .

4- Higher entrenching is always cool.

5- Suez canal is two way.

Not adding more, gotta leave some for the fun of discovery.

Originally posted by Moon:

What we will be using is a digital rights management system relying on online activation of your license when you want to install and play . You will be able to do the online activation from any computer (...)

Does it means that EACH time I want to play with MY game, I will have to connect me and to realize a on-line activation ? I enjoyed to play SC2, but sorry : in this case, I will not buy it.

What happends if I have buyed the game and if Battlefront.com will no longer exist ? I will not be able to play a game I have paid ! :confused:

If I did not mistake when I have read your post, I have to say that it is a absolute crazy system ! :confused:

Ouf, I was affraid ! smile.gif

Does it mean that I have to do the activation only the first time I use the game ?

And have not to activate in the future, even if I have to install again the game after technical problem on my PC ?

[ March 31, 2006, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

Heh, what Blashy said... you only do this once during installation and that's it, you can play forever. What you described would indeed by a crazy system smile.gif

Just wait and see until we make a formal announcement, all will be clear then.

Martin

Thank you smile.gif . I was horrified by this system

If it is only onse, and if then one can play and install again game freely (if technical problem on his PC), it is very well.

And it is very well also to be able to play without the CD : in this way, the CD does not be damaged by using.

However, I planned to buy 3 copies of the game in English, and 3 copies in French which it will be in sale in France. I do not want to run a risk of losing game by accident or have a damage of the CD! tongue.gif (I did that with SC1 : absolute security is my obsession :rolleyes: with my favorite games)

However, there is one thing I do not understand : What's happen if after the first on-line activation of my game, I have to uninstall the game of my PC and install it again ? Must I to do another on-line activation ? If yes, we return in crazy system and I will not buy the game : I am afraid to have an addiction with a game while I run the risk not to be able to any more activate the game in the future, if battlefront.com stop his activities :(

[ March 31, 2006, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

Thanks for answer.

But I am very very very desappointed : the problem is the same : If I change my PC (buying better material,etc...), or if I have a "crash disk", or If I have to format again my disk : I will lost all activate informations, no ?

In fact, to lose some money is equal to me: if I buy the game and which one day I can not play it any more, so worse for the money.

But what frightens me, really very fear, it is that I would have got used to playing with my favourite game and making dozens and dozens of mods historic fascinating, and I would know that I can be deprived of it from day to day so battlefront.com stops the activities. That, I can not accept it, I prefers not to begin to play with the game... It is terrible To be deprived of a addictive game : I thought that SC2 would be my addictiv game for 20 years, and it will not be possible because of the risk to lose it...

Nobody will be able to guarantee me that Battlefront.com will continue his activities in the future, and that I could infinitely reactive on-line the game in case of technical problem on my PC. :(

I will be ready to pay 100 or 150, or 200 $ this game, because I think it is THE wargame PC of the century. But I can not accept to begin a "great love" with SC2, if I have the risk to lose it one day. :(

This day is for me a bad, bad, bad day... All hope and enjoy to playing SC2 are lost :(

I hope numerous players will become aware that they can lose their favourite game and will ask you to change your terrible project.

[ March 31, 2006, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: fantomas ]