Legend's Give War Chance Tour is over! 41 Win 15 Lost 66 Yodl 1 Coward 3 Draw 1 MIA

Dude, 'Nam is over, we won.
We lost.

Can you, at last, internalize that?

Just like... we have already - LOST

In Iraq.

How many more?

Gotta die... to satisfy?

The very Old, Tired, Dumb-defeated,

Clue-less and soft-hand'd... MEN

Who will, at long last,

QUIT acting as though American youth

Are some kind of disposable OBJECTS?

Get it straight, for once. :rolleyes:

Too many, IMHO, flat-out "big-stick"

(... note: I use the term - "stick"

as deliberate IRONY... ah sure, I am ACTUALLY thinking of a term that rhymes

with stick, LOL! ;) )

Neanderthals,

Who cannot - who knows why or what-for?

Come to grips with... necessary CHANGE.

Well, they'd better, and REAL soon.

Else... we'll run them the HELL out of there.

It's really that simple... dude. ;)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure the USA has ever lost? We have SUVs, tons of land, food, clothes, freedom, & rule the planet? If you call that losing, you're on crack. I turn on my T.V., I listen to W. give a speach. I turn the channel, I see Saddam swinging from a rope. Who won? We have lost a few battles, sure...but a war, nah.

"The sound of losing, is distasteful." --- Patton

Anyhow, this thread is about SC2 & my battles. It's not your political catbox to spew anti-American crap, especially about 'Nam.

But, to humor you, lets just draw this back in line. All I am saying...is give war a chance!

Hug the trees, save the whales, & protest the government...but the bottom line is this:

And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Rambo,

Just in the case you are not yet on the way to join the army:

What exactly do you mean with

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

All I am saying...is give war a chance!

Every decade, there are dozens of wars on this planet.

Therefore, we should have enough data to decide, whether or not a war is a proper means to solve a conflict.

Can you please mention some examples, where starting a war improved the situation of the people there?

Yeah, it's my firm belief that if the American Government had a problem with the Iraqi one the solution wasn't a Ground Based Operation on that magnitude. Rather 2 thousand commandos to take destroy the leadership.. Or supply them for their Civil War against one another, instead of involving the USA smile.gif Our Boys are worth more than a Puny Nation called Iraq. If you do not believe that it is because you do not realize that they're a bunch of young men with Targets on them wandering around for every Muslim Fundamentalist to take a pop shot at

anyway, going in another Direction. WW2 was very neccessary on all sides to partake in. Too Major a War to forgo..

Originally posted by Ottosmops:

Can you please mention some examples, where starting a war improved the situation of the people there?

American Revolution comes to mind.

Or Britian declaring war on France. Or Spain. Or Germany.

Pretty sure I can think of lots more. ;)

I'm not sure that elimination of Hussein Saddam did anything for the US victory in Irak.

As i'm not sure that it were a boeing that hit pentagon ;)

For war, it allways been the best "getcashforfree" action in history.

Nobody is driven into war by ignorance, and no one who thinks that he will gain anything from it is deterred by fear.

It's all about the USA, there's no doubt about it! Our globalization plan to free the Earth is in play. We have changed the course of the planet with freedom & the dollar bill. Relax, enjoy the trip! Sometimes the pen is mightier than the sword. Then there are other times, well, the sword takes care of business. Don't worry about all the petty stuff that happened in 'Nam, or this anti-War campaign that the press is hammering daily. We are going to change the Middle East, forever. Be patient, stay the course, believe, have faith! Don't be quick to judge & critize the current Adminstration's plan, stay off the bandwagon. Rather, get on the train to righteousness, freedom, & the almighty dollar bill.

Give war a chance!

-Legend

Lars,

The American Revolution is a valid example. smile.gif

Britain declaring war on other European nations:

The big European nations fought on so many occasions against each other over the centuries and now they are all members of the European Union. :rolleyes:

Couldn't this be done with less bloodshed?

I'm sure you also know some examples, where the damage done in a war surpassed the benefit. smile.gif

Anyway, 'give war a chance' sounds rather childish to me. :rolleyes:

Technically, the American Revolution was not starting a war as such. It was an insurrection. There must be loads of examples of those where the (if successful) locals are better off afterwards.

IMO, in terms of world stability, the American Revolution was a disaster. A single democratic superpower in the 1900s might have been able to prevent a lot of the problems we've had since. Or not smile.gif .

The American Revolution was one of Britian's Errors. She could've held onto the New World by reducing taxes and not mistreating her subjects smile.gif Although she had wars to pay for so you can say that French Imperialism lead to early release of the Colonies...

I think that it's hard to hold onto so much real-estate when you're a Nation like Britian.. You have to be real cautious. A few thousand men may all she could afford to spare! She has a lot of land to cover so one insurrection here will lead to several there..

Originally posted by Bromley:

Technically, the American Revolution was not starting a war as such. It was an insurrection. There must be loads of examples of those where the (if successful) locals are better off afterwards.

IMO, in terms of world stability, the American Revolution was a disaster. A single democratic superpower in the 1900s might have been able to prevent a lot of the problems we've had since. Or not smile.gif .

Anyhow, this thread is about SC2 & my battles. It's not your political catbox to spew anti-American crap, especially about 'Nam.

When you are right, you are right.

I shouldn't have busted up yer thread.

My apologies.

You are long-time and valued member,

I gotta show more respect.

See, old memories get mixed up

With brand new disgusts,

Well,

To DISSENT is "American"

As... apple pie,

As Chevrolet

(... hmmm, sounds FRENCH to me, LOL! ;) )

Or July 4th fireworks

Exploding over the Potomac.

Let's see... as I recall my History,

The American Revolution

Caused tremendous friction

Between families.

Father VS Son.

Brother VS Sister.

Neighbor VS Neighbor.

Like now, eh? ;)

Though,

I still think you should remove

That "coward" part.

From my reading of all that took place,

I don't see it

Where anybody WAS a coward.

@DD --- The "Coward" part came from some dude who talked smack, then refused to play a game against the Legend. It wasn't just a "one-liner" smackdown, it was an extensive battle. Therefore, the name remains.

"Look, Chris just put the run on a sod-buster" --- Richter's brother, in the movie classic, Shane. When Chris (played by Ben Johnson) smacked down Shane.

@DD --- The "Coward" part came from some dude who talked smack, then refused to play a game against the Legend. It wasn't just a "one-liner" smackdown, it was an extensive battle. Therefore, the name remains.

Misrepresented and Dillusional as is often the case, but it is nice to be remembered so vividly.

I knew you were in my thread, stalking...Now, are you going to step up like a man? You'd better get back & hide...where it's safe...with the women, children & the A.I. crowd.

You just cannot let things go , that it?

Women children and AI crowd?

LOL! :rolleyes:

Yogi's cool SC Cat, Man.

Hmmm... read these next 2 somewheres,

"Forgive and Yee shall be Forgiven."

"Judge not lest Yee be judged."

BE what you CLAIM to be, brother rambo junior. ;)

Be what I am? Sure, Gary Cooper. I step up each day to "fight for those, who can't fight for themselves" (Few Good Men).

IVE12571DD_highnoon.jpg

Gary Cooper won the Oscar® for the Best Actor in this classic tale of a lawman who stands alone to defend a town of cowardly citizens against a gang of revenge-seeking criminals. In the greatest showdown in the history of cinema, Cooper stands to lose not only the town but his new wife, Grace Kelly.

@Yogi --- If you'd like to clear your name, we can simply play a PBEM game smile.gif
Yep, I knew it.

Not only are you Ace #1 Show Man

(... in old, Center-Ring tradition)

Of early & later... SC Boards,

But,

As I have suspected right along,

You have some style & grace

And!

Idaho Ivan Ho!

Quest-ability... all over the place! :cool:

BTW: One of these Days!

You and me gotta have a knock-down

Drag-out contest.

Once I get caught up on a few personal

Projects and - MUCH mundane-else besides! smile.gif

**Thing is,

I ain't got broad-band,

So EM might be better way to go.

Them Desert City Monolithic Monopoly

Of a Cable company

Are just - out of my price range, alas.

@Yogi --- If you'd like to clear your name, we can simply play a PBEM game smile.gif

Thanks for the offer Rambo my friend, but don't feel I have anything to clear. Plus I kind of enjoy the extra attention you give me. smile.gif Maybe you can Brush up with the AI ;)

Thanks also to DD for suggesting earlier that I wasn't a bad sort after all. smile.gif