Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg Goes Gold and DEMO released!

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Hey Eddie, welcome to the forum.

I've been here for years - I just don't post much ;)

Glad your checking out the best Strategic game around.

I was an early convert of SC1 - been pushing it ever since

Still I wish you would hammer on Dave(Arjuna) to get PBEM incorporated into CotA. Well at least for BftB.

Well I did and I will - PBEM is my #1 item on the wishlist as well.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

I am a new poster, but I was an SC1 guy, and have been patiently waiting for what I think is two long years, and several proposed release dates. With blood in the water I feel frenzied once again. I guess it speaks to the value of the work that has been done, that all of us keep hanging around this web board. I was wondering if anyone could remember the old game that this was originally based off of. Blitztkrieg, or something like that, I think it was called? I think it came out in '92 or 93, had two dimensional graphics, but the politics, the map, and the basic combat play was much the same. It is funny to compare it to what is being offered today. In some ways it has changed very little, and in others it is worlds apart. Now I look back on it, I have to wonder how many countless hours, I spent playing, the past versions, and almost regret pre-ordering this one, thinking about how many more hours I will be compelled to devote, before I get around to that yard work I should be doing. Anyhow, sorry to rant, but I had to say after playing the demo several different times, this game is nearly the perfect game for me, and I hate that I have to stalk my mailman the way that I do everyday.

Billy, beta is done on CotA. Release is imminent, it was held up by the out of sync. bug for on line play. Eddy's here to enjoy a game of similar appeal.

Von Epps, welcome to the forum........don't fret, I to possess limited game time. Just remember we are on a journey...a short one at that...think of SC2 as a slight delay.........a moment to smell the flowers. :D

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Billy, beta is done on CotA.

Not really - I'm proofreading the Reference Manual right now - no rest for the wicked smile.gif

Eddy's here to enjoy a game of similar appeal.

I enjoyed SC1 immensely - pushed it everywhere, but I'm still waiting on the small print explaining the copy protection in SC2 in detail, before I make-up my mind about buying it.

If it's activation based - and it looks like it will - I'll wait until a crack for it appears as I'm not in the Rent-a-Game business.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Eddy,

If it's activation based - and it looks like it will - I'll wait until a crack for it appears as I'm not in the Rent-a-Game business.
...and neither are we. You buy the game, you can use it anyway you want, as often as you want, even install it on two computers at the same time, deinstall, reinstall 5 years later, no problems. The only thing you cannot do is copy it and distribute it to others.

You'll be happy about the fineprint. We are Battlefront after all, not some big name no face publisher.

What you are not going to be happy about is that th view on the use of cracks that you mentioned in the quote above disqualifies you from being a member in this forum. I am therefore going to ban you with immediate effect. I am deeply disturbed that apparently a beta tester for Panther Games is advertising using cracks for our games, and I am going to email Dave about this to alert him to your view, which, if you were doing beta testing for us, would be a little troubling to say the least.

Martin

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Using cracks? That's illegal in Idaho too.

Yeah crack is a death drug, guess this Eddy guy was high on something. I thought we had introduced mandatory drug tests here, I mean was'nt that the reason Immer Etwas was banned earlier?

Eddy, would you trust Dave and the Panther team to "do the right thing"?

Well I can attest, HC and Battlefront will do likewise.

And anyhow, its only $45 worth of trust. I've passed out at least that much on the street to people who said they wouldn't use it to buy drugs, just food and shelter.

Originally posted by Moon:

Eddy,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />If it's activation based - and it looks like it will - I'll wait until a crack for it appears as I'm not in the Rent-a-Game business.

...and neither are we. You buy the game, you can use it anyway you want, as often as you want, even install it on two computers at the same time, deinstall, reinstall 5 years later, no problems. The only thing you cannot do is copy it and distribute it to others.

You'll be happy about the fineprint. We are Battlefront after all, not some big name no face publisher.

What you are not going to be happy about is that th view on the use of cracks that you mentioned in the quote above disqualifies you from being a member in this forum. I am therefore going to ban you with immediate effect. I am deeply disturbed that apparently a beta tester for Panther Games is advertising using cracks for our games, and I am going to email Dave about this to alert him to your view, which, if you were doing beta testing for us, would be a little troubling to say the least.

Martin </font>

HR.....which ones?

And if its both...well then I'll be lucky if this is all the money I'm ever bilked out of in my life.

For that matter...the government has got their hand in all of our back pockets...all the time.

And get this.....most of the folks want it there even more. :D

Got to laugh at the hypocrisy. :D

Hentzau, I assumed and hope that that's what he meant, because the other thing would be even worse.

You know, we're really AGAINST using hardcore copy protection at Battlefront. While others went on to implement hardware-raping physical protection schemes, dongles and what not, we have released games without any kind of copy protection or with just a mild cd check, which could easily be circumvented. And if a paying customer decided to use a no-cd crack, nobody could care less than us. But advertising its use in public, especially if you're a beta tester, simply warrants a reaction. While what you do at home is none of my business, if you go out on the street with it, it is... It's a VERY small step for others from looking for a no-cd patch to looking for the free full version. And besides, no-cd cracks, no matter what some people say, think or do, is and remains an illegal way to get around the copy protection of a software.

After the community has thanked our loose copyright policy with tens of thousands of cracked copies of our games on BitTorrent and elsewhere, we simply had to make a move with the upcoming launch of our digital delivery platform, unless we wanted to make things even easier for pirates (and at our bandwidth cost, too). We looked for a system for two years and found the right partner now.

Our eLicense system allows everybody to do anything he can think of that is within legitimate use... make unlimited backup copies, have up to two installations at the same time, uninstall and unlicense and share, rent, sell or whatever... what it does not allow to do is anything that is illegitimate, and that would be mainly making unlimited copies of the game and sharing them with others. There is no argument, not one, against the use of such a system, which is easy to use for the customer (you only have to activate once on the computer you install too... even if you deinstall and reinstall later, no new activation is needed for example) and yet effective to defend our copyright.

To make a long story short... if somebody comes here and tells me that he's going to download illegal stuff to get around my copy protection, he's outta here. Nothing else should be expected, and we've enforced this in the past, and will continue to do it in the future.

Martin

And one can certainly understand the reaction to such comments here considering what happened last year to the SC1 demo...by the way, still trying to log onto the download site...at this rate, I'll get my hardcopy before the digital download.... :D

ahh..finally got through!!!!

Just a quick heads-up that we released an updated Strategic Command 2 demo today. It now includes the full 153 page PDF manual, a Demo Tutorial guide and a few small gameplay tweaks including new pop-up text descriptions for all the buttons.

Several of the larger file mirror sites are already carrying the updated demo and more will be replacing the older demo with the new version shortly.

Thanks guys!

Madmatt

Any update regarding the shipment date of the finished boxed version? I hate to read manuals at the screen and its a little bit to big to print out. I think I miss much of the small print of the game right now..

[ April 19, 2006, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]