What happened to pre-game view, online spectators, replays and timer option?

Originally posted by Shaka of Carthage:

Whats the matter with some of you?

If Ron's opinion doesn't agree with what you want, so what? He's more than entitled to express his wishes. And he was answering a question that was asked.

And giving him crap because of the number of his posts or the "rating" he has in tournament play is not cool.

Wrong. He was complaining about this being a topic. We do not need any patronising smack telling us what we are entitled to discuss and what we cannot discuss (unless it does not concern SC) thankyou very much. tongue.gif:D

I am pretty sure that if i showed up (dressed as an environment activist) in Rambos home pub (www.stubspub.com) in Boise and triumphantly said "Hey guys. How can you even sit here watching American Football while there are so much more important to do in our world?" I am sure I would be met with "booooooooh!" or "Mind your own business you moron!!". Rambo you know the crowd over there, Am I not right?

[ April 16, 2004, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by zappsweden:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ron:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

What's up? doesn't anybody else want to watch the big games?

No. If included, that would probably rank as the most extraneous and least used "cool" feature in the history of gaming. It's ironic the screenshots hint at a wealth of new features and options yet what topics are people discussing?

Ron </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shaka of Carthage:

Whats the matter with some of you?

If Ron's opinion doesn't agree with what you want, so what? He's more than entitled to express his wishes. And he was answering a question that was asked.

And giving him crap because of the number of his posts or the "rating" he has in tournament play is not cool.

Wrong. He was complaining about this being a topic. We do not need any patronising smack telling us what we are entitled to discuss and what we cannot discuss (unless it does not concern SC) thankyou very much. tongue.gif:D

I am pretty sure that if i showed up (dressed as an environment activist) in Rambos home pub (www.stubspub.com) in Boise and triumphantly said "Hey guys. How can you even sit here watching American Football while there are so much more important to do in our world?" I am sure I would be met with "booooooooh!" or "Mind your own business you moron!!". Rambo you know the crowd over there, Am I not right? </font>

Originally posted by Yohan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zappsweden:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ron:

No. If included, that would probably rank as the most extraneous and least used "cool" feature in the history of gaming. It's ironic the screenshots hint at a wealth of new features and options yet what topics are people discussing?

Ron </font>

Hubert, this is really a big issue. Timers, replays, & spectator mode. Do something that isn't been done by other games. Zapp is absolutely correct, I push "Done", then "Escape" because the majority of the players are slow. A quick replay would be cool.

Any comments from Battlefront?

This should all be easy to program.

Yo, Hans --- Many of us like to play alot of online games & want features. Being a demanding customer drives features & change. Why do chess championships have clocks? The reason for the clocks is so I don't have to play a 20-hour game. People are taking forever to make their moves, checking every possible move, statistics, & all that crap. Far as time, yes, I do have time to play wargames online......I'll have alot more time the way a couple of stocks are feeding me lots of cash $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Rambo knows speed

Rambo knows stocks

Rambo knows alot of stuff

How about just a game record feature?

Important and high level games could be recorded and posted online for download and replayed ad nauseum for those that are interested. If you only had 30 minutes of free time before you go back to monitoring your put options, load up the latest grudge match between the two top dogs and watch a couple years worth of moves with no lag time for the players to think.

One would watch the turns transpire from the birds eye view of each alternating player so that one can only see what the player saw on his turn.

Get your popcorn and pop a brew. Kick up your feet and watch the latest stars of SC2 Blitkrieg write their name in lights. Fame awaits.

Hubert:

I don't need and I don't want a spectator-mode in the game. But if you think those 5 - 10 players are so important, well, include it. After all it is your game and your sweat, not mine. smile.gif

I would rather visit my dentist :D than spending time on watching these players on their 150237th game against each other. Just my 2 cents.

Strategic Command takes up enough time as it is. I have no interest whatsoever in watching other people play. However the idea regarding the timers sounds interesting and I think it is something that should be included in game.

The idea of "Spectator" mode is not to sit there for 20+ hours, watching somebody else play. The purpose, is to quickly check out a situation. It's a live "screenshot" when others are playing. You might not have time to play yourself, logon, & can check out a SeaLion or something. So don't use the arguements,"I don't want to watch people play, I don't have time". Checking out a game for 15 minutes would be very cool.

This "feature" would be cool...

Hey, another idea. Allow people who don't own the game, to watch a game (some patch), then maybe they'll buy it.

Hey, another idea. You could sell advertisements on with the "spectator" running.

Make some bank with "spetator" mode.

Member, your are a 'member' --- This should be easy to program, it's called a "Feature" in the firmware world. Yes, there are 5 of us "for it", how many against? To do a proper poll, you'd need more than 10 people. You know what? I don't live my life by other people's opinion. The majority reject Jesus Christ, should I listen to them? Being a designer, inventor, explorer.....a trailblazer takes guts.

You talk about your precious time, why do you waste it in the General Forum with all those fruitcakes? You never participate in the SC Forum, suddenly your bashing a cool feature.

Now, looking at the history of your posts. It appears you like to post "one-line", with no substance. Hmmm, what do I see now? You're a liberal from Canada, that explains alot. There are tons of Canadians who live online, no life. The theme of your posting life is negative with a lack of intelligence/humor.

Spend some time & read that.

Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Originally posted by Member # 4691:

How many people other than the 5 very vocal advocates on this thread would really want or utilize it though?

Hey Beverly Hills Member 90210 or whatever.

Since when did you speak for all the SC community?

Don't try to start a debate here because you would lose big time. So you want to make a mockery out of anyone with another opinion than yours. Arse!

[ April 19, 2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by Sombra:

@member : Certainly it is hard core player who are interesseted in such a "spectator mode" but at least in the Panzerliga right now I could name 20 players very much interessted in such a feature

Thankyou for your post Sombra. If a minority is too small, obviously there are disrespectful sorry asses seeing their oppoertunity trying to stomp them to the ground.

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

It would be a nice feature for newbies to learn the game....it´s like a live AAR.

Also if you make a tournament spectators could see the final live......

It is not a must but it would be a nice feature....

True. Since many players say they like the AAR they must like Spectator mode even more. I edited my initial post now including this relevant fact.

[ April 19, 2004, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Hey Member 90210 or whatever.

Since when did you speak for all the SC community?

Don't try to start a debate here because you would lose big time. So you want to make a mockery out of anyone with another opinion than yours. Arse!

Ever consider practicing what you preach? Idiot.

Ron

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

But i wonder where all these guys come from posting here....i never heart about them.

People come and go! I've been a member of these fora since the alpha days on CM1. Sometimes I read/post regularly and sometimes I drop out for several months at a time. Hot new items definitly sparks my interrest, and I guess there may be other who feel that way too.

[Disclaimer: I don't assume to speak for anybody but myself tongue.gif ]

Originally posted by Ron:

Ron </font>