OT: World travel for a Yankee

I'm considering hitting a bucket of golf balls into the DMZ. I'll try to get my picture while a North Korean "mirror" has me scoped, now that would be LEGENDARY !!! Then maybe the secondo before the bullet seperates my skull into mushy dust vapor, maybe the Lord will rapture the church smile.gif

"Hope is a good thing" --- Andy, from the movie classic, The Shawshank Redemption.

Well, just don't come to Belgium : the mood is still very, very anti-American.

I live in Brussels (the capital of Europe) and I can't remember that the mood had ever been so much against a particular country. Brussels is very open towards other nationalities, no matter where you come from.

Except when you're an American.

Being an american living in europe the reflex anti-americanism is silly. But the US has small minded people as well.

Europe is a great place to visit, especially if history is your thing. Unfortunately for you, the dollar definnitely does not buy what it used to.

Roman

You know, I lived in Korea for a year.

Seoul can be a lot of fun. Korea is colder than a witch's tit this time of year. Pack warm clothes!

Stay away from DMZ, except for the few minor tourist spots. Too many land mines, and there actually really isn't anything to look at up there. You have GOT to visit the war museum in Seoul. Very very nice.

Personally, I lived in Europe and never had a problem being an American, everyone was friendly and I loved the place. Of course maybe that's because I don't associate with small minded bigots.