SC2 ladder started! Join now!

SCHQ Ladder Information

SCHQ - "Strategic Command 2: Blitzkrieg" Ladder

ICQ Contact List: Use the "ICQ Contact List" thread to post your contact information (ICQ, AIM, email, ect) and search for SC2 opponents to play against. smile.gif

SCHQ Ladder Rules

* The SCHQ ladder is for “Strategic Command 2: Blitzkrieg” only, SC1 games are not accepted as matches.

* Both TCP/IP and PBEM games are now allowed.

* The loser of a match is responsible for reporting the loss. This will be enforced, if you loose a match and refuse to report it, disciplinary action will be taken. We request that you report the loss within 12 hours.

* If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to email one of us anytime. Suggestions are always welcome. ;)

Ladder Admin: Comrade Trapp

Co-Admin: Kuniworth

[ April 29, 2006, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Blashy:

Why not accept PBEM matches as well?

It would be nice to have both types of players in the same league.

The game is the same, hehe.

Mainly because of reloads, it was the same with the SC1 leagues. Other than that, its all the same to me.

We'll see what everyone else thinks, if a majority are ok with allowing PBEM, then it would be something I'd seriously consider.

I agree, it would be nice to have both....

Will sign up tonight, but a couple comments. First, IMO singling out pbem players is misplaced, and also removes probably the majority of people from the pool of available players. SC is a time consuming game, and it’s clear to me that most individuals simply do not have long blocks of time to tcp, which is why so many, probably the largest segment of players by far, have migrated to pbem. I live in Seattle, and believe me, when the sunshine hits the last thing I want to be doing is sitting glued to a computer monitor. Plus, I work fulltime, am married, and have other hobbies, like gardening; walking the dogs; biking; daytrips with the wife. This and more is why pbem suits me so well. I am lucky to get in two tcp sessions a week, at a max of two to three hours a sitting. Inertia will set it in for my opponent if he insists on not pbem’ing inbetween tcp sessions, as there could be stretches of two or three weeks when I can’t tcp.

Now, even though I’ve signed up, my strong preference, actually my personal requirement, is blended games; tcp when available, pbem when not, in order to keep up momentum. I currently have games going with both Rambo and Liam that are either tcp/pbem or just pbem, and I think if you ask either they’ll say things are proceeding smoothly.

As to reloads. Yes, that is always a possibility, but if you look at the SC 1 pbem “Case’s Ladder,” set up years ago by Curry, you will see that Terif is something like 100-0, and other players, although not active lately, post stellar records. IMO cheaters are always discovered one way or another, and in the long run it doesn’t matter, as cream rises. Plus, IMO, 9 players out of 10 are honest, and the 1 of 10 that aren’t I don’t worry about. If I suspect something is amiss I just stop playing them.

So, at the risk of being presumptuous, if I’m accepted under these terms, when available I’ll send out e-mail invites and tcp the first person that’s available, then pbem in-between tcp sessions.

Bob

Signed in, too, but due to time constrains I will mostly play PBEM, too I think.

Concerning cheaters: Well, if they HAVE to win at all costs they should IMO, but I will surely not play anybody again whom I suspect of cheating ;)

CharonJr

Ok - ready for my first PBEM. I prefer to play just ONE side per player, one game only. I know some like to play both sides simultaneously, but I don't. It's hard to concentrate on strategy, etc. Doesn't seem as "real" that way. Whatever - anyway, I signed up.

Now what? Do we meet up HERE or there?

Hi,

my ICQ is 301-978-637, but due to my router or any settings I simply can't figure out (maybe 2 PC + 1 laptop at the same router/IP) I will not be able to host games it seems.

CharonJr

edit: oh well, managed to mis-post again, will add the information to the other thread, too...

Added my ICQ (298-088-198) to the list and signed up for the ladder.

Not quite sure how to work the ladder or post a game but I am signed up. ;)

Game on!

--AOM

p.s. Feel free to send me an email for a PBEM at any time: kevin.shriner()gmail.com

Anyside is fine by me, I dont promise to be much better than the AI as an opponent (I think i was 1-5 or so in SC1), but I promise to not quit when it looks grim for my side, and i promise to play the game as the dice fall on their first roll... Woot! -aom smile.gif

[ April 30, 2006, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: An Old Man ]