[Rambo Invitational Tourney] Jesus vs Colin....winner will face Hellraiser for Crown

CRAP!!! This was a great game, loads of fun and it was even, ND is more than a worthy adversary, maybe it is I that should concede? :confused:

ND are you a chem E undergrad? Don't you just love differential equations, electromagnetics.

Hang in there, it'll take you far. :D

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round #1 (completed)

Rambo vs Sy -----> Rambo

Normal Dude vs SeaMonkey -----> SeaMonkey

Preusse vs Hellraiser -----> Hellraiser

Canuck_TAR vs Lars --------> Lars

Colin vs arado234 ------> Colin

K Man vs Konigs --------> K Man

Agamemnon vs Baron -----> Baron

TaoJah vs Jesus --------> Jesus

Round #2

Rambo vs SeaMonkey

Hellraiser vs Lars ----> Hellraiser

Colin vs K Man

Baron vs Jesus

AAR nº 2: DAK_21PzDivision (axis) Vs Baron(allies)

We are in September 1941 (more or less), 59 turns have been complete.

Axis commander decided to base all his main strategy about an early attack over Russia.

According to that, after the fall of the France and the next conquering of the west cities in the hands of allies. The main objectives was to spend a lot of MPP in diplomacy over Spain, which joined axis at the end of 1940.

Slowly, two complete groups of armies formed at the Russian border and at the end of spring axis were "ready" to attack Russia (Russia was about 45% of readinnes).

Barbarrosa started in mid-june and now (last move in August-31) we have conquered five cities (Riga, Odessa, Kiev, Leningrad... and... i can't remember the other one... tongue.gif ) Moscow is surrounded but siberian troops came in this turn... Let's see what can i do before winter come... During all this time, red army didn't offer any resistence out of cities, just going back all the time.

Royal Navy started three turns ago to bombing west coast, including the Spanish cruiser at Bilbao.

Let's see what happen!

Round #1 (completed)

Rambo vs Sy -----> Rambo

Normal Dude vs SeaMonkey -----> SeaMonkey

Preusse vs Hellraiser -----> Hellraiser

Canuck_TAR vs Lars --------> Lars

Colin vs arado234 ------> Colin

K Man vs Konigs --------> K Man

Agamemnon vs Baron -----> Baron

TaoJah vs Jesus --------> Jesus

Round #2

Rambo vs SeaMonkey ----> Rambo

Hellraiser vs Lars ----> Hellraiser

Colin vs K Man

Baron vs Jesus

Nah, it's a time thing. SeaMonkey has got a zillion things to do now, he offered to let the tourney continue. Last game between SM & Normal Dude was cut short too. If he wants to change his mind, he's welcome. Or, he can have a game from me later, or whatever.

-Legend

DAK_21PzDivision has had the game all his way to this point. He overran Western Europe with the greatest of ease - not a problem at any time during his over running of the Low Countries and France. Did I mention the fact that Spain joined the Axis in spite of the 3 diplo chits played by the Allies (It went up 60% in under 4 turns)?He has made a bold gamble and has launched his invasion of Mother Russia in June of 1941. His forces again seem to be unstoppable. He set up a great naval ambush in the Baltic that caused the loss of the entire Soviet Baltic fleet and encouraged the Finns to enter early. Then he laid low Leningrad in just 2 turns. I have counted 5 Axis AF in Mother Russia so far so he also has complete control of the air. In September his forces tried to cut off Moscow from the rest of the country. This triggered the early release of the Siberian troops and as I write they are engaging the Germans all around Moscow. The Germans are being hit in the front and the flank, suffering their first loss of the war when an armor unit was destroyed. His supplies are low and mud is already in the South so time will tell if he can replace his losses and keep the pressure on the Soviets.

In the Med all has been quiet, as well as in Scandinavia. The Kriegsmarine has not made an appearance nor has the Spanish\Italian Navy. He must be hording them for an invasion of the British Isles after he polishes off the Soviets........

Hey guys, just wanted to reiterate what Rambo has posted about my withdrawal.

Just not fair to the tourney for me to continue, so I must bow out for the present. :(

I'll be back after hurricane season, hoping only for epic swells, no destruction. :cool:

Good luck to all and thanks to ND for a first round struggle.

SM is a true cool

Alchemical Cat,

This I know. :cool:

Took time out from VERY hectic schedule

To help me

On a little project of mine.

I tend to implicitly trust

What he says, and BTW,

Brad - all the best on preparing

For the hurricane season

Down there on the Gulf rim.

As we know,

CAN be terrible trial & trouble

And you have to be prepared.

Thanks DD, I only wish I was worthy of the human status you have reached, truly you are a man of the people.

Keep up your health, watch over our Vets, and we will continue the struggle to make sure they get their just do, ....but..alas... we will never be able to return their sacrifice.

Memorial Day is everyday for the living and the fallen, remember it so my SC brethren.

By the way, Camp Rambo supports the troops in all things, all missions, and all times. The United States of America is the greatest nation ever, in the history of mankind, save Israel at their best relationship with the Lord...may it be Solomon's time, David's faith in the promises of the Lord, Joshua's reign, etc.

I love the United States, I support our troops, and I love President George W. Bush. But most of all, I love the Lord Jesus Christ, because he first loved me, died for my sins, and rose from dead.

I'm glad you all are enjoying this most precious tournament & gaming time.

-Legend

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

CRAP!!! This was a great game, loads of fun and it was even, ND is more than a worthy adversary, maybe it is I that should concede? :confused:

ND are you a chem E undergrad? Don't you just love differential equations, electromagnetics.

Hang in there, it'll take you far. :D

I truly despise chemistry. :D I am a biology major, but I gotta take Organic Chemistry to get to Biochemistry which lets me get into gra school. Thank God it is one test from over!!

AAR nº 3: DAK_21PzDivision (axis) Vs Baron(allies)

We are in November 1942 (more or less), 94 turns have been complete.

After a full and a half year figthing in Russia Hitler is excited with the incredible results.

More than 1/2 of the red cities have been conquered with just a few losses... In front of the german armies is the Volga River... We can see a lot of red units around Stalingrad... The next year the fight there will be bloody and cruel... Axis comander have decided to stop during the winter in order to accumulate supplies and reinforcements.

As Baron said, he counter-attack in Moscow area with the siberan troops. I took some losses and i had to wait for some months before try to take Moscow. After a nice turn at which i took Vichy and Tunis we meet in Moscow (he was also advancing over my line) and thank to the moral bonus and my Luftwaffe we could destroy a lot of units and, finally, conquer Moscow.

West allies have bomber France both with a couple of bombers and the allied fleet. During the last turn, they leave France and started to bombing Portugal, even the atlantic city of Argelia... We decided to try a small operation with the italian marine. As i suppose the US naval forces were there... but, im surprised because when my naval units meet his hidden units i didn't took any losses and, futhermore, i could attack them, so a few units have been sunk.

The situation is very positive for axis. But we know that the russians will present a nice surprise for my front line in a few turns... and the west allies have been building for a hole year... We expect a huge landing during the next spring or summer... The question is, where? France is the main preocupation, but perhaps Germany, Spain, the peaceful Scandinavia?

Anyway, the next year, 1943, will decide the winner of this game!