If you have undo moves enabled, this greatly aids a

player in hunting down hidden units (specifically

submarines). Try a move; if you find nothing, undo

the move and search somewhere else until you find

whatever it is you're looking for.

Fortunately you can disable undo, but I just wanted

to point this out...

Originally posted by John DiFool the 2nd:

If you have undo moves enabled, this greatly aids a player in hunting down hidden units (specifically submarines). Try a move; if you find nothing, undo the move and search somewhere else until you find whatever it is you're looking for.

Fortunately you can disable undo, but I just wanted to point this out...

Yeah, I got to admit that sometimes it's tempting, ESPECIALLY when searching those blasted submarines.

Luckily the Axis AI lways sends the submarines to the nord sea, so I just wait for them there.

That's all the RN is good for anyway : the carriers are terrible against land units, the Battleships gets fired on and the Cruisers don't even disentrench their targets.

The ships need an upgrade in one of the patches, because now they're only good to attack the other fleet. Both sides may as well have no ships, it wouldn't influence the game whatsoever.

Yeah, I noticed that undo thing. I only use it on the rare occassion that I actually clicked on the wrong destination space and not as a way of doing ghost recon.

You know, the AI needs all the help it can get. Maybe it should use the undo? That would allow it to use a game system exploit just like a human.

Sure would make those human vs. AI naval battles a lot more interesting!

Originally posted by TaoJah:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by John DiFool the 2nd:

If you have undo moves enabled, this greatly aids a player in hunting down hidden units (specifically submarines). Try a move; if you find nothing, undo the move and search somewhere else until you find whatever it is you're looking for.

Fortunately you can disable undo, but I just wanted to point this out...

Yeah, I got to admit that sometimes it's tempting, ESPECIALLY when searching those blasted submarines.

Luckily the Axis AI lways sends the submarines to the nord sea, so I just wait for them there.

That's all the RN is good for anyway : the carriers are terrible against land units, the Battleships gets fired on and the Cruisers don't even disentrench their targets.

The ships need an upgrade in one of the patches, because now they're only good to attack the other fleet. Both sides may as well have no ships, it wouldn't influence the game whatsoever. </font>

Right, an option.

This can be adjusted during regular play against the computer opponent, but will be locked in by default to prevent Undo for multiplayer games to limit game play cheating.
Are there reports of this NOT being locked in during multiplayer games IF selected? It should not be de-selectable during reloads. That may be a bug.

[ May 09, 2006, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: pzgndr ]

Didn't know there was an option to turn it off and I tended to use it too offten, I now have it disabled smile.gif

By the way couldn't the save game be programed with a 'counter' so every time the the game is saved the counter gets updated and saved as well. I know this wouldn't stop people from copying the file and re-doing it but that would make it harder, after all locks don't stop thiefs they just help keep the honest honest.