Playtesting volonteers thread

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Hey Hubert, let's do this right. Let us pay for the game up front(pre-release), and test it during the fine tuning (Beta). You will have an immediate cash flow and with a plethora of testing we'll get all the kinks out and you can add to it according to applicable suggestions. When you finish it(if that ever happens ;) ), then Battlefront can issue the final product at the adjusted price according to the add ons/new features.....ie more cash flow. We will gladly trust your judgement for the final price and features.

He hit the nail on the head.

This would be the 1st time I pre-order a game but would gladly do so to help out in cash flow and beta testing.

I too would be more than happy to help. Although I am new to SC community, I do have experience beta testing for other games (paradox, blizzard) as well as full grognard credentials. I have fairly good knowledge of math/statistics, symbolic logic (helps for events especially triggers), WWII, and CPU/board games, about all the skills someone would need for such a task.

Anyway here is hoping SC2 is as good as SC1.

I am sure Hobert and BF have already thought of this but a good play test should not just include SCI grognards or the product that is delivered may never appeal to the broader market.

Insert from Moon: "Shurely you jest"

##!@#$ you and don't call me Shurely!

SCII mus reach the broader market or those of us in Canada will never be able to visit PEI when Hubert buys it out of petty cash

Originally posted by Exel:

Me me!

But maybe the thread should be "Who doesn't want to volunteer for playtesting?"... :/

IMMEDIATTE RELEASE

A Nigerian family has over $1M Italian Lira in the bank and needs to retrieve it from their home country, go figure they need your help. You can save them and share in their wealth by either sending Euro $29 to hubert@paypal.scam or closing the Suez immediately in every game you have open. Shurley (don't call me Shurley) you must assist this worthy cause...

I have done some SC play testing, mainly for SC mods. Since I am semi-retired, I can and will devote whatever time is necessary to playtesting and providing timely turnaround of feedback.

I would be honored to assist in any way possible at any level desired.

With its enhanced maps, and built in flexibility for selection of diplomatic, strategic and logistical options, SC has great potential to become a long term classic strategic wargame, providing years, not weeks or months, of exciting game play.

I'm new here, but if you need beta testers I'm quite certain I could lend a hand. I understand that the goal of a tester is not to have fun, bu tto look for things that need to be fixed. One thing I'd suggest is correcting the US coast to make Massachusettes bay more clear. And also Boston is closer to the coast than New York City. If you'd like my help then don't hesitate to send me an email through these forums.

By the way, I loved the first SC and I've been hoping for a long time for an SC2