VISTA can not even install any CMx1

It looks like problem 2 under the install guide. (PC taking up to ten minutes to look through the CD) ....

I've tried like 10 times to install the software, waiting a significant amount of time each time.

This time I've been waiting for 22 minutes and it hasn't even opened the setup program I clicked on. Is this a drive, Vista, or Battlefront software problem???

Mike

Yeah, it's really wierd. I may try to copy it onto a flash drive and install it from there. Maybe I'm a dork, but this is one of my favorite games. I MUST have it on my laptop. smile.gif

I have CMBO,CMBB (US and German versions), and CMAK. None will start the install. The drive is sitting there doing ??? just reading.

Many other games install and run without difficulty.

Battlefront, (not giving you a hard time) why do these CDs not work in my Vista powered DVD player?

Thanks

It would never stop reading the CD (like it was looking for an autorun) to try anything else. Took the Toshiba back, the DVD player in the HP does not have Vista conflicts. Vista has problems and many errors installing other common XP era programs (including one from Microsoft).

CMBB runs, so I'm happy. smile.gif

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem ie I bought a new computer dual core 2.4ghz processor, nvidia geforce 8500 video card with Vista as the o/s.This is a pretty decent rig and it runs every game I had on my old old XP system perfectly well(some better) apart from the CM series - bought all three, best fun ever. But now one of them now work properly - very long load times, blocky graphics, sluggish(actually unplayable)gameplay etc etc. Result - I have stopped playing. I am disappointed that Battlefront do not seem to be addressing this problem which will increase as more and more people switch to Vista over time. Most of us are just game players not computer techs.

It should up to Battlefront,not us, to suggest the right workaround (use administrator mode, set o/s to XP in the properties box or whatever)or issue a patch. However I fear that the Battlefront team are so busy trying to make TOW playable that sorting out this issue is right at the bottom of the to-do list or not on it at all - happy to be proved wrong.

Cheers

Add me to the this list.

In another thread in this forum is a suggestion for tweaking the graphics menu for Nvidia desktop manager. That seems to've worked for some folks. (Assuming you can get CMx1 to load.) It didn't work for me.

Vista with no CMx1.

Regards,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

that's strange, i loaded up all the CM's under vista and they ran fine

i've since rolled back to XP simply because i hated the driver issues with vista

seems odd though that so many would have trouble with vista not even loading up the game, because you'd think it would do this consistently to anyone attempting to load under vista?!