I have preordered this and i have looked on this website and forum everyday since i heard that this game was in development.....there is no mention of demos or this going gold or anything other than late March/early April...is there any nugget to keep the faithfull excited as to what the current position on this game is ?

I appreciate there may be many posts on this issue and comments etc but i just wanted to start a post on this specific ponit to allow a point of reference whilst the website remains silent.

thank you

As we have announced when opening pre-orders, the game will begin shipping within 4-6 weeks later. Pre-orders are now open for 4 weeks, and it looks like we'll need the additional two weeks to finish production and pre-stock the warehouse.

Production is always difficult to estimate as there is a number of things that can cause delays (proofs, production schedules, shipping times and so forth), but we're still within the original schedule.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

As we have announced when opening pre-orders, the game will begin shipping within 4-6 weeks later. Pre-orders are now open for 4 weeks, and it looks like we'll need the additional two weeks to finish production and pre-stock the warehouse.

Production is always difficult to estimate as there is a number of things that can cause delays (proofs, production schedules, shipping times and so forth), but we're still within the original schedule.

Martin

I am sure we were all hoping things would go smoothly and you would hit the aggressive side of your schedule, but anyone who has ever working in the software industry understands what you are saying about all the issues that inevitably arise. We have waited two years for this game and I am sure the vast majority of us agree that if we have to wait two more weeks or even two more months in order to get a quality product, then so be it.

Thanks for the update and please just keep us informed as you move forward. Waiting is always much easier when you know what is going on and how much longer it will be.

Get yerselves ready,

Stand forth, be prepared

For a privately arranged... fate.

afrikakorps.jpg

All who choose to meet the challenge, attain

Those... almost impossible feats,

Be the ultimate SC-2 blitz-krieg! leader:

180px-AKrommel.jpg

Oh yes, dress rehearsal is nearly done,

You have stood still so very long now,

It's time, it's finally time

To get into gear.

No matter any storm of Hurricanes

Raining down - a constant lightning

From the scattered dark clouds

'Round Malta,

An intrepid Mare Nostrum convoy

Is... on the way:

hmsmalaaya.jpg

Providing you with something new!

Under an old and devilish deceiving

Desert sun:

Doom Gun!

425.jpg

That the old school hooligans

Have dreamed, schemed into being, oh

A thundering! flak & anti-tank gun!

That the brave and dauntless Desert Rats

Admit to dread, and yet, have

Conquered that useless fear... is

Even now... being quickly un-crated

In the palm-tree shaded

Port of Tripoli.

Now,

Sure, it's how it

Was always... meant to be.

You see,

Only the one small question remains.

Can you... handle it?

SC Commanders? :cool:

**1941-42 North Afrika, only one

Of the mini-campaigns you'll soon be able

To play! :cool:

Note: This is NOT the "surprise" that Moon has just now promised... even I don't have a clue what that might be, but, am looking forward to it just the same! smile.gif

[ March 28, 2006, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Desert Dave ]

Didn't mean to "step on" yer most INTRIGUING announcement... as you can see, we posted at the same time, so,

To repeat Moon's hint about a pending stupendous! SURPRISE:

Well, we might have a neat surprise in our backpocket with regard to the release to make up for the extended schedule... Keep the faith in us ;)

While we're at it, Ive collected all the SC2 figures except Madmatt(you know that one with a baseball bat). Anyhow I've noticed that with the Jon J Rambo a mini-bible was not included as promised in the advertising. Is there any chance BF will send you a new one or is it actually meant that he will only come with a gun???

[ March 28, 2006, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

just wondering.... it might take some more time to get the product ready for shipment, but will the demo be ready before the end of those two weeks? i agree with some other people's comment that we've been waiting for some time now and that it isn't such a big deal to wait 2 lausy more weeks. BUT when you knew that it was gona take some more time, you'd just accept that and wait, but now that i know it's comming the excitement is killing me tongue.gif and i just wanna get it right now (strange isn't it :S) so the demo would be good to kill the time remaining

Rambo... I already pre-ordered 3 weeks ago so tongue.gif

I might be Dutch, but I ain't cheap ;)

Quallity is worth paying a little extra for, I've played SC and have enough trust in HC to believe that SC2 will be all it promisses to be and more, without playing a demo

Like i said, can't wait to play, a demo would be nice to play those two weeks waiting

acctually, China is thinking about using the Euro, not as a standard currency but as a replacement for their Dollar reserves just like Iran. I wonder wy...

And not all country's in europe use the Euro, the Netherlands do, just like all other country's that are a member of the EU and have signed the EMU act (European Monetairy Union). The UK, Denmark and Ireland don't use the Euro ass wel as Greece (they wanted to but their economy was considered to be too weak and it would be a drain on the other Euro country's)