Hubert, your next project should be….

I know about this but this project take too long already and to my opinion we will not see the end. Latest news was that they still looking for engine. Give me a break. :mad: Hubert, on the other hand, is much serious game developer. :cool:

We CAN do an A3R mod using SC2. I've already started something and maybe one of these days I'll finish it. ;)

I've already got the Tactics II adaptation in progress. I'll be posting a v1.1 update shortly after the patch gets released, which already shows significant improvement in AI research, purchasing and unit upgrades. It still needs some work on the AI planning scripts, but so far it's shaping up into a challenging little game.

I'd also like to do a Russian Front adaptation one of these days. Who knows. My point is that with the SC2 Editor anyone can do these projects. YOU design the map, the units, the events and the AI scripting. It's all there. :cool:

Originally posted by pzgndr:

Too late.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Staten Island, NY, November 19th, 2004 - Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) is pleased to announce that it has secured the rights to publish Magnetar Games’ (www.magnetargames.com) licensed computer adaptation of Bruce Harper’s acclaimed board game, A World At War (www.aworldatwar.com). Design and development is underway with no set release date.

</font>

I second that, LampCord. However, I found that I´m playing less and less Matrix games. Somehow I seem not to be able to find the "right" game there for me. World at War was too basic, while War in the Pacific is a Micromanagement hell (which makes HOI seem as complex as TicTacToe in comparison). I loved "Uncommon Valor" (because the restricted scope made it much more manageable than War in the Pacific), but somehow it never got patched to a really bug-free state. That´s why I eventually abandoned playing it.

Originally posted by vveedd:

…remaking Advanced Third Reich game. You should buy rights and finally making some serious game. :D;)tongue.gif:D :cool:

Best comment I have seen on these forums vveedd, it will never happen, I have the board game Advanced 3rd Reich, and Talon soft tried to do it and screwed it up from here to 5th and Gipip[old saying for lousy]The AI was horrible, and I am firmly convinced after all these years that no one can do the AI right, not being mean but this AI is poor and everyone here knows it, I do not have the time to play e-mail games with other members here, I need a game that can do what they have done with chess AI, I realize the area's in chess are much smaller than in SC2, but somebody had to program the AI why not ask them how to do SC2.

Willy

Squad Leader would be sensational.

I'm more active at Matrix than here and have a number of their games and virtually all the Talonsoft games, but have to agree with the comments above. They spread themselves too thin working on too much at once. Also, although it's their right to cater to whatever market they want, a lot of their games are too involved for my tastes, though it was pleasure for me to see Gary Grigsby move from say Pacific War to World at War, which I really like (you can't compare it to SC2 of course as it's an entirely different game, but until the AI in SC2 improves, its the better SP experience).

I played Pacific War once, as allies. It consumed my evenings for several months. By the end, I was amazed how well it recreated the WWII experience, from the CIC's point of view - months of endless tedium, repetition, frustration and casualties, endless rotation of non performing TF commanders, incredible weariness and desperation for it to end. As soon as I had the option to drop the bomb, I didn't hesitate (actually giving me a new insight into that decision). I'll never play it again, but I often wish someone would do something similar but playable, maybe like SC2 if the map was Pacific theatre only and smaller scale, eg individual divisions, capital ships & squadrons. You'd also need amphibious assaults and task forces. So that's my wish for the next HC project.

[ June 03, 2006, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: markpoll ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

He's already got SC & SC-2, it's time to work in a new area...

I think that'll be up to Hubert to decide. Making suggestions is one thing, but let's not pretend to call the shots for him, okay?