"Look, you guys want to experiment with hexes?

Take a look at the MWiF map....simply awesome. Now you want some of the old Nato type counters we are all used to? Well, they are there too.

Just one problem..........?????We want the simplicity approach of SC and not all the complication of MWiF.So who's going to port the SC gameplan to the MWiF playing field?"

I don't know but if it sounds alot like Clash of Steel and if it were done it would be great. I think this is what people wanted with SC2.

BTW, I find it gratifying to hear so many people here talking about WIF and it's upcoming release on this forum. Even pzgndr has mentioned it. (Yeah I know your waiting for it too pzgndr) Yet when you look at the WIFs' forum no one is talking about SC2. Why is that? Well my opinion is, and I have been saying it all through this post, most wargamers want...

Top down view

Hexagons

Armored attack, then breakthrough and able to attack again. Like in some other E.T.O. games. Maybe SC2 has this but I haven't heard it mentioned so I'm assuming it doesn't. Pzgndr your a playtester, enlighten us, does SC2 have this?

Naval sea zones, dont' use the same system for land movement and combat that your going to use for naval. Never works out right and you get unrealistic results.

other items as well but I won't make a list.

But as I said I feel gratified that people here are talking about WIF but at the WIF forum, no one is talking about SC2. This only serves as evidence as to what I have been saying the majority of wargamers want.

WIF is the main event for this summer and this is why.

Now i will turn the floor over to the worshippers and you all can invent reasons and rymes as to why I'm wrong and call me troll but the evidence speaks and will speak for itself.

We will all see the reviews and sales figures between WIF and SC2 and you'll see who was right and what the majority of wargamers want.

Wave Braver:

We want the simplicity approach of SC and not all the complication of MWiF.

Yeah, having played the board-game 3 or 4 times ALL the way through,

And after reading what?

The pleas and demands and what-else

Of ALL that the worshipers wish to include,

You might?

Get a pixel game done in... a month or two? ;)

So who's going to port the SC gameplan... ?
Hubert, himself?

Down the Glory Game Road, a'ways?

From what I have heard tell,

That wish is not... impossible.

May not happen, but... not impossible,

Yee with minimalistic Faith.

Canuck and John C

Have, just above, said it the best.

Not Kafka's K's advice is not

So awful, neither.

As Bill has said, I too am a dyed-in-wool

Hexa-gamer. :cool:

Now, having played SC-2 awhile,

I agree with another thing that he has said:

In the heat of battle, it's not very

Noticeable WHAT grid pattern

You are playing & slaying Dragons on.

Yea, it is FUN and fast and has MANY of those

Things which have been asked for

Over all the years.

I guess... Ike99 is indeed

A seer.

He can "see" things that I simply cannot

As I test this game.

Pretty power flush Dude, eh? ;)

Well I'm not sure what you meant Desert Dave by your post.

However I'm getting really tired of debating with "biased" people so I won't waste anymore time in this.

We will let time tell the tale along with reviews and sales figures.

WIF-vs-SC2

You'll see who was right.

Slam Man:

Well I'm not sure what you meant Desert Dave by your post.

Fairly self explanatory, Ike99.

My Guess?

Yer too cocky and don't understand very many

Valuable things in gaming,

Nor about Life lived

In the real world.

Curtail the know-it-all smallness,

Grow larger than you thought

You might,

And then!

Zen Doh Fan Dandy! :cool:

[... can you ken that last ryme, I mean,

that sort-of mangled slango RHYME?]

You reach... enlightenment!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!! smile.gif

[ February 07, 2006, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Desert Dave ]

Pzgndr your a playtester, enlighten us, does SC2 have this?
Y'all ever watch Lethal Weapon? Murdoch looks at Riggs and says "I'm getting too old for this sh*t." :rolleyes:

Hey Ike99, you tell me. I've been gaming since the '70s before some of these kids were born. I like hexes. I enjoyed 3R/A3R, and once upon a time was a playtester for Bruce Harper's Rising Sun. Yes, I am looking forward to MWiF and Online AWAW and other games. I also have GGWAW and HOI2 and other games on on my harddrive. I figure since it's not some zero-sum all-or-nothing reality out in the real world, that maybe there's room for innovation and experimentation with different game concepts. So here's SC2. FULL EDITOR CAPABILITY. Fog of war. HQ command effects. Weather. Research. Diplomacy. Event scripts. AI scripts. PBEM and TCP/IP network play. Lots of good stuff I've been dreaming about ever since being heartbroken by Third Reich PC and its lousy AI and other limitations. So Ike99, tell me, why might I be finding SC2 so appealing, despite a tile grid. "Why?!" You ask the question, howzabout providing an answer? Howzabout you enlightening the rest of us as to how this game you have never played cannot possibly be worth playing and having some fun with? Because I'm just not seeing it. And that's my informed opinion.

Originally posted by Ike99:

Naval sea zones, dont' use the same system for land movement and combat that your going to use for naval. Never works out right and you get unrealistic results.

Nothing is more unrealistic than a "dump all units

into this sea zone and let the random number

generator decide the results." That is certainly

one design decision I must unreservedly chalk up in

SC2's column, as at long last we'll have a game

which gives the Battle of the Atlantic its due.

Well to start with Pzgndr your getting all wild and emotional and carried away with yourself as you seem prone to do. This doesn't bother me on its own as I have pretty thick skin but it's leading to you inventing what I have said and havent said.

Pzgndr-"Howzabout you enlightening the rest of us as to how this game you have never played cannot possibly be worth playing and having some fun with?"

Nowhere have I said SC2 is not worth buying or playing. Typical tactic by someone losing a discussion. So if your done with your story telling now I'd like to get back to the point of this thread, I will remind you because it seems your lack of emotional control is making you loose focus.

Why is SC2 using a isometric grid? Most wargamers don't like it on a visual level. Most wargamers don't like it because it doesn't allow movement or keep space relations in the game as realistic as a hexagon board. This has been expressed on this forum time and again. It is clear the prevailing wind wanted a hexagon, top down view. So again I ask, why was it decided to use a isometric grid board for SC2? It makes no sence to go against the wants of your market.

I mean C'mon Pzgndr. You said yourself you prefer hexes. If there is a SC3 Pzgndr you can bet your dollar it will be on hexes. SC2 may be a real good game, not saying it won't be. But it is using a inferior isometric grid board over a superior top down hexagon map. As I said before and I say here again. Using a isometric grid map was a mistake. It doesn't help the game but hurts it. Maybe everything else it has will make it good but visualy to look at it's bad and the space relationships are not as good as they could have been. It was a bad call.

But to answer your question ...

"So Ike99, tell me, why might I be finding SC2 so appealing, despite a tile grid. "Why?!" You ask the question, howzabout providing an answer?"

Well because I don't know you personaly nor have I played the game I can't answer your question.

If it hasn't been mentioned before, Hubert about a

year ago said something to the effect that the tiles

would allow for more map customization (in the

editor as well as in the default map)-some sort of

memory issue IIRC with hexes. Being just a part-

time amateur programmer myself I can't vouch for

the accuracy of that "excuse", but there you have

it.

Far as the board game Third Reich (3R), it was overrated. The Naval Combat of 3R absolutely sucked, bad. The game was slow & boring. To properly play the Germans, turns would take 45 minutes, it was not intended for live play. Boring...

Where is Squad Leader? Why can't somebody make that for PC? Don't change a thing, just make it for me!

Back to the Hexes vs. Tiles. The jury is still out. I'll give Hubert the benefit of the doubt. If it sucks, it will suck. It if is good, it will be good. We shall see.

@Agent Smith --- Dude, what's with the caps kid? Are you really Mr. Smith from Lost in Space?

-Legend