New (& Improved) Scenario Icons Bar, ver3.1

See bottom of thread for newer version

From the ReadMe file:

This is my version of the Scenario Icon Bar.

First off, I must credit Mark Gallear for his excellent work finding and converting the Soviet badges, Vapaudenristi for the Finish hakaristi, and whoever(?) it was modded the CMBO Scenario Icon Bar for the Luftwaffe breast eagle and Volksturm armband.

Now, my additions:

Converted the Heer Mechanized icon to the Panzer Assault Badge (25+ award).

Converted the SS Mechanized icon to the 2nd SS PzDiv totenkopf symbol.

Converted the Luftwaffe Infantry and Mechanized icons to the Luftwaffe breast eagle.

Converted all the Hungarian icons to the Germanized green/white/red cross seen on Hungarian armor.

Converted the Volksturm icon to the cleaner, more easily recognized version from CMBO.

--and (lifted straight from Mark Gallear's mod)--

Soviet Badges:

Mechanised - Tank Officers Collar Badge on black collar.

Paratrooper - Parachutist Badge 1936.

Cavalry - Shoulder Collar Badge (Collars are blue and look darker

than this CMBB hue.)

Navy - Naval Officers Anchor collar Badge on black collar background.

Guards - Guards Personnel Badge 1942 on red background.

Mechanised Guards - Guards Badge on black background.

Enjoy.

Here

Password: blane

[ October 21, 2002, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: von Lucke ]

Originally posted by von Lucke:

I think this must be a dumb question, but why did you "convert the SS...to the PzDiv totenkopf" et cetera? I mean, how come they weren't right before? The swastika I understand- the stuff about German distribution and impressionable kinter. But all these others...? Is it all the same issue? Please pardon my unfamiliarity with these badges.

Are we getting any closer to having one complete definitive politically NOT correct icon bar? What's GOING ON?? smile.gif

Eden

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by von Lucke:

I think this must be a dumb question, but why did you "convert the SS...to the PzDiv totenkopf" et cetera? I mean, how come they weren't right before? The swastika I understand- the stuff about German distribution and impressionable kinter. But all these others...? Is it all the same issue? Please pardon my unfamiliarity with these badges.

Are we getting any closer to having one complete definitive politically NOT correct icon bar? What's GOING ON?? smile.gif

Eden</font>

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Would one of you email me the new scenario icons mod please? I've tried von Lucke's link twice and I get " Page cannot be dsplayed " ( doesn't ask for a password, just: Page cannot be displayed ).

Thanks.

On the way.

Version 3 is on the way!

Everything mentioned above above, plus:

Converted the Heer Mechanized icon to the Panzer Assault Badge.

Converted the Heer Cavalry icon to a Greek-style (straight armed) cross enclosed in a gold box (gold being the trim color for the calvalry branch).

Converted the SS Mechanized icon to the 3rd SS Panzer division "Totenkopf" emblem.

Converted the SS Cavalry icon to the SS runes enclosed in a gold box (see above).

Converted the SS Mountain icon to the 6th SS Mountain division "Nord" hagelrune emblem (the 6th fought extensively in Finland).

Converted the Luftwaffe Infantry and Mechanized icons to the Luftwaffe breast eagle.

Converted all the Hungarian icons to the Germanized green/white/red cross seen on Hungarian armor.

Converted the Soviet-allied Rumanian icon to one with a red outline (makes sense).

Converted the Volksturm icon to the cleaner, more easily recognized version from CMBO.

In general cleaned up icons (totenkopf not so green, panzer assault badge brighter).

Try Here. Just remember yr going to have to download the file once you get to the page.

[ October 21, 2002, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: von Lucke ]