It's Quiet.... Too Quiet

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I knew it. They took our money and left for good to the Bahamas.</font>
Note to any new buy reading this post - we in no way wish to suggest BTS is indulging in shady business practices yada yada yada.
I'd like to thank my attorney for making that clear.

Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I knew it. They took our money and left for good to the Bahamas.</font>
Note to any new buy reading this post - we in no way wish to suggest BTS is indulging in shady business practices yada yada yada.
I'd like to thank my attorney for making that clear.</font>

Originally posted by The_Capt:

Gentlemen, Gentlemen..

I suggest you watch the CMBB Beta Forum.

Here is how it works.

Normal traffic from Beta Testers...

"Last call for input before we go Gold"!

Huge influx of traffic on board.

"Ok Shut up so we can finish this thing"

Board falls very quiet.

Somebody get out some graph paper and watch the number of posts and date and you may just get a clue or two..

Nah, I bet the beta posts are 90 percent stuff like this:

"Ha ha, Moon is out of the WC pool because all his teams lost in the Group of 16!"

"Pepperoni or sausage?"

"Look how busy the main forum is tonight... don't those guys ever get any?"

"The .wav files are almost done - but how do you say 'It didn't hurt' in Finnish?"

I think ITS ALL ABOUT THE MANUAL !

Once the manual is written, (as it should be the final thing to be completed) then it should go to the printer to be printed. That along with duplicating the CD's will be the final stage of the process.

SO I assume since none of them are posting here they are all VERY busy working, once the manual is complete and the CD is certified gold, and sent off for duplication, then maybe we'll hear from Steve as Charles whips off a demo version of the code to be ready when the game starts to ship.

Now if they were smart and they enjoy the summer like the rest of us maybe they could get the whole thing out the door and shipping by, oh say... Late July, so they could take some nice summer time vacation in August?? (and September) smile.gif

Just a thought.

-tom w

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I think ITS ALL ABOUT THE MANUAL !

Once the manual is written, (as it should be the final thing to be completed) then it should go to the printer to be printed. That along with duplicating the CD's will be the final stage of the process.

SO I assume since none of them are posting here they are all VERY busy working, once the manual is complete and the CD is certified gold, and sent off for duplication, then maybe we'll hear from Steve as Charles whips off a demo version of the code to be ready when the game starts to ship.

Now if they were smart and they enjoy the summer like the rest of us maybe they could get the whole thing out the door and shipping by, oh say... Late July, so they could take some nice summer time vacation in August?? (and September) smile.gif

Just a thought.

-tom w

That's an interesting theory Tom, but I find the lack of a Factory Bone to be pretty compelling evidence too. Perhaps that is where the delay is taking place? Of course, I guess you can't really say it's delayed if they never gave a release date to begin with. Hmmm, diabolical! :eek:

So as an aside,

Are we going to throw a sequel party to commemorate The Night of the Resfresh Monkeys?

Because I do plan on doing mine, and many other people's share of refreshing on that fateful night. Sure, Madmatt will ban me for coming out and encouraging it like this, but its a small price to pay.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Tom, who does the printing for the CM manuals? how many printing shops can there be in Vermont? Who do we know that lives in Vermont? We can get answers very easily, my little chickens, if you know where to look....

Oh yeah, Mr. Smart Guy? And what if they are having them printed up out of state? I don't know much about how such affairs are handled on your side of the border, but down here in the UnSettled Area, that is a quite common practice.

:rolleyes:

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Tom, who does the printing for the CM manuals? how many printing shops can there be in Vermont? Who do we know that lives in Vermont? We can get answers very easily, my little chickens, if you know where to look....

Oh yeah, Mr. Smart Guy? And what if they are having them printed up out of state? I don't know much about how such affairs are handled on your side of the border, but down here in the UnSettled Area, that is a quite common practice.

:rolleyes:

Michael</font>

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Yep, its been quiet, too quiet...

It would be quiet, if just once, and for even 60 seconds at a stretch, lad, you'd shut your cake hole!

Christ on a crutch with St. Vitus' dance, I've had household pets with more patience than you lot.