Yeah ok,, the CMBB graphics rock but umm, what's it got under the hood? Bones Thrown!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Patriootti:

Hehe, I saw their bones before they posted thread from it. They also had 1 picture of Turan tanks but they removed it :D (I don't understand why, I'ts well taken screen...)

Anyways, It's still in my temporary internet files, my friend hosted it, I hope admins wont get mad tongue.gif

EDITED BY ADMIN...

Actually I DO mind. The Turan is not ready to be shown just yet...Soon though...

Patriootti ! V*tusti kiitoksia !

He's not violating the NDA agreement, now is he? :mad:

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Patriootti ! V*tusti kiitoksia ![/QB]

THAT one I won't translate. A pretty good statement anyway. :D

Kwazydog & Al, man you sure have Evil minds! After you had announced the release date of CM:BB you're still torturing people. You're doing it on purpouse aren't you?

How would you feel if Santa Claus visited you frequently and told you what you're getting for presents and s-l-o-w-ly revealing even more painfully addicting details. These should not be called as bones but teasers. I tell you, people have been condemned to Hell for minor reasons.

Now you're forcing me to disrupt my favorite frustration with heavy loads of cold beer. And frigid women. Yeah... that'll do it. For now.

M

Will this thing run with a Voodoo 5 5500? I have problems in CMBO on certain rain scenarios where the screen whites out due to swamping the vram. With CMBB being high res/more polys, will my poor vid card decide not to play nicely?

First, let me add my applause and congratulations to the crowd - that is one mother beautiful tank!

Got a quick question for you - my armor references are in storage and I can't just look this up - about those small circles on the turret. If I am remembering correctly, those are pistol ports, little removable plugs for the crew to shoot through. However, I thought those were only on the earlier "D" model, and were removed on the "A". Like I said, this is memory only, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Once again, what a spectacular job. I'm hyperventilating already. Bring on the game!

In CMBB we have something like 9 StuGs each with its own unique texture assignments. We might duplicate some of the artwork to save on time, but the "slots" themselves are totally seperate and can be modded independent of other vehicles.
Sounds great, I can't wait. Got really burnt-out on CMBO mods and hope this won't happen for CMBB.

Are all the "slots" going to be fully documented or will we have to figure out what goes with what in a huge bmp folder?

thanks,

Tiger

Hey, the tank looks great! As a computer animator in real life, the "low" level of detail is about the only thing about CM I wish were different. Now how about some more detailed animation and non-bitmapped foliage! ;)

Great job, love the detail. I hate to be a wet blanket at this great party, but what are the PC hardware requirements going to be to PLAY CMBB, do I have to go out and buy a new machine? I just dont want to look at the graphics, I want to rock and roll on the battlefield. I'll buy a Cray if I have to, I have an HP Pentium III 700mghz 256 RAM.

Cant wait for September.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Great job, love the detail. I hate to be a wet blanket at this great party, but what are the PC hardware requirements going to be to PLAY CMBB, do I have to go out and buy a new machine? I just dont want to look at the graphics, I want to rock and roll on the battlefield. I'll buy a Cray if I have to, I have an HP Pentium III 700mghz 256 RAM.

Cant wait for September.

Your video card will be more important for you in your situation. Realistically speaking, you'll want a video card with at least 16megs of ram. BTS recommends 32megs for the full graphic bonanza. Since you bought one of those mass market computers, your video card is probably integrated into the motherboard which will make switching your video card a real pain or not practical.

CMBB will have a feature that will detect how much vRam you have on your vid card and will adjust the level of detail on your models accordingly. If you have a card with only 8 megs of vRam than the models will be less deatiled while if you have 32+megs you'll have much more detailed models. CMBB will do this automatically so you should be able to play either way. If you want the highest level of detail then you'll need at least 32megs, at least that is what I remember of what BTS has said.

What card do you have?

Commisar,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately right now I dont know the card type for my PC. Im thinking it might be built directly into the motherboard and not in one of the slots, but I am not sure. I have had some performance issues with CMBO, and I have a mixture of Hi&Lo Res graphics in my game, so I know I may have a problem with CMBB. Can I get back to you?

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Commisar,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately right now I dont know the card type for my PC. Im thinking it might be built directly into the motherboard and not in one of the slots, but I am not sure. I have had some performance issues with CMBO, and I have a mixture of Hi&Lo Res graphics in my game, so I know I may have a problem with CMBB. Can I get back to you?

Sure thing.

If you find your current card to be unsatisfactory, then CMBB may make you feel more that way even if CMBB still runs smoothly with their automatic scaling of the the models. Let's be frank, you want the most detailed models possible when you play CMBB and to do that, you're going to need a 32meg card.

It's a little late now but for your future info, if you play a lot of games on your computer, you are really best just building the computer yourself. You can save a quite a bit of money doing this and still have a kick-butt machine that will actually be expandable. Even if you build a rig that is more expensive than the mass market HP, Dell, Gateway, etc machines you will still end up saving money because when you want or need to replace your video card or sound card or anything else, all you have to do is replace that specficic part rather than buying an entirely new rig just to have a better video card. In all honesty, it is not that hard to build your own computer. You do have to be careful of static electricity and it may seem a bit overwhelming at first, but it's really not that hard. I used to buy those mass market machines but I got sick and tired of it becoming outdated within a few months simply because the vid card, etc was inadequate. If you do not want to build your own or feel uncomfortable doing so, for all that is holy buy a custom built rig like Falcon Northwest (if you are realy into gaming). You will pay more but the parts they use are all top notch, the service is absolutely great, and you'l have a machine that is totally expandable. You'll be able to switch out any part you want. Falcon Northwest also tweaks your computer in every way imaginable to get the most speed out of your machine. If I didn't build my own, I would be still buying from them (no I don't work for them or anything like that). If you go the Falcon NW path, get their MACH V series and stay away from their budget Talon series.

Commissar,

Thanks for taking the time. I know you are right about the mass market machines. Its nice to just plunk down the 700 or 800 US for them, and just hook up the periphs', but as you say they are obsolete in two years. I've gotten lazy in my old age, and I havent really gone wild over a computer game until CMBO came out, lets say I'm hooked now, and if this game could also give oral favors I wouldnt need anything else. All I need is a machine that will run CMBB without impairments and I'll be happy. I'll take your advice though and check out the custom built stuff. Thanks again.

If Falcon NW is too expensive for you, there are other companies that make custom-built gaming rigs. Take a look. I've heard some not so good opinions of Alienware so you may want to be careful with them. You can also get a system built by your local computer place. You can just specify the parts you want and they'll put it in for you. I believe your current rig has enough horsepower. The only real question is your video card. At worst, you can wait until CMBB is released and see how your current system handles it. If it is not to your liking, try updating or switching your drivers, etc. If that fails, it'll most likely be time for you to buy a new machine.

[ July 18, 2002, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Commissar ]

That's one seksi panther.

I'm curious as to the graphics card used for the panther preview shots. I see some impressive anti-aliasing going on there. Is it a GF4 and if so what AA mode is being used? I lust for the quality hardware AA I had with my old Voodoo5 (sadly burnt out). Then again screenshots can be misleading cause they tend to make any existing AA look better...

I know Madmatt is busy rebuilding his life after the recent hard drive crash so he's probably not around....ah well.

Ren