Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Do I Challenge Peng or Wait for Roxy?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, now, everyone! Let's all calm down and carry on. The whole 'Roxy' situation has been dealt with.

You know, I think it must be very difficult for a famous and beautiful celebrity to have a normal life, and the ability to go somewhere and be anonymous and 'just one of the people' must be almost overwhelmingly appealing.

I don't think there's any 'real' deception involved when someone simply wishes to remain 'just folks', and not deal with the 'WOW! SO AND SO IS POSTING IN THE PENG CHALLENGE THREAD!' furor.

I know that I'm grateful to Roxy for giving me the whole truth, and honoured by the trust it implies.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by athkatla:

Oh so was she having a "Solemn Moment" when she was lieing and deceiving all of us? Suddenly because she apologises everything is ok, and I'm the bad boy for stating something that was right. Would she court so much attention and forgiveness if she was a guy? Come on, grow up, where I come from we call a spade a spade and if they don't happen to like it, well that's tough. And all I did was tell the truth.

Since you don't know what the deception was, you are hardly in any position to cast stones. Personally, I find the deception so minor as to be laughable. That it has caused Roxy concern is unfortunate. That you use it for your own personal 'witch hunt' is reprehensible. Would she be treated differently if she was a guy? Possibly, but you seem to be the only one here that has a real problem with that.</font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

I, sir, am the soul of kindness. Why, there is not a mean drop of blood in my veins. I could almost be described as angelic

*spritzes tea all over the monitor*

Crikey, that's a revelation of biblical proportions.

Mace

sometimes I think that one of the great joys of being in the Southern Hemisphere of our great polluted planet is sleeping through the waking hours of those in the north.

And I'm glad to see I've been proved right, yet again.

Now onto some serious stuff:

Alkasaltza - when you stop crying over the faet of your pesky little armoured cares will you please send me a turn.

Bug Demon - are you sulking or something?? Wake up boy, get a life (oops, I'm repeating myself), try some tactics, but above all else <big><big>SEND ME A FECKIN' TURN!!</big></big>

Originally posted by athkatla:

I'm on a witchhunt!! Thats hardly fair, seeing as I posted my thoughts and was immediately jumped on by about 6 of you!

Quire, hush, lad. Feel the moment, sense the presence.

QUIRE - YER NEED A QUEST. Attend the paddock this time tomorrow... the spirit of Peng must grip yer soul.

Yeknod

[ August 07, 2002, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Originally posted by athkatla:

Excuse me, but I'm on a witchhunt!! Thats hardly fair, seeing as I posted my thoughts and was immediately jumped on by about 6 of you!

I didn't jump on you, I hit you with a stick!

Now, drag the miscreant down to the ducking pond to see if he floats or sinks!

Originally posted by Roxy:

[serious, well mostly]

Dorosh, the Lady In Waiting is currently in limbo so your setup from her is also in limbo. When Roxy hears from Seanachai, and IF she hears the right thing, Roxy will send you a setup.

Send Grog Dorosh the setup. The place could do with a treacherous, deceiving Lady in Waiting. Hell, we were just about to send to central casting for one!

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Yes, my wife, the lovely and charming, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed™ was watching The Crocodile Hunter! AND SHE WASN'T MAKING FUN OF IT, EITHER! I think she may actually have a thing for that gap-toothed, coulotte wearing, John Denver look-a-like, winking wanker. Oh the shame!

But I knew I could tell you all because I know what thoughtful, caring, nurturing tender souls you are.

If there is a God, then she'll leave you and run off with the Crocodile Hunter, and we'll write a song about it, and every single day we will sing the song of how Boo Radley's wife ran of with the Crocodile Hunter...

I'm all tingly just thinking about it.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

You know, I think it must be very difficult for a famous and beautiful celebrity to have a normal life, and the ability to go somewhere and be anonymous and 'just one of the people' must be almost overwhelmingly appealing.

Originally posted by Roxy:

If Roxy does get the opportunity to live on, maybe she can add a little to the Mutha Beautifulsimply because of her hidden identity. It certainly won't be because of her wit. Only The Olde Ones,Lady Persephone, and Sherriff Shaw will know the identity of Roxy, unless they see fit to reveal it. The rest of you can enjoy speculating if you're at all interested. You know, something like Watergate and Deep Throat. BTW, Deep Throat was Al Haig.

I knew Roxy was Al Haig all along.

{bolded because he was president for what? a half hour?}

Originally posted by Mike:

sometimes I think that one of the great joys of being in the Southern Hemisphere of our great polluted planet is sleeping through the waking hours of those in the north.

Let's play spot the obvious and glaring mistake.

(clue: the Earth rotates which way?)

Mace

Seanachai,

Yes it is a trial but I still manage to get by.

Mace

I think it must be very difficult for a famous and beautiful celebrity to have a normal life,

That could only be lucky guesswork on your part, but indeed it is so!

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

one of the great joys of being in the Southern Hemisphere of our great polluted planet is sleeping through the waking hours of those in the north.

Let's play spot the obvious and glaring mistake.

(clue: the Earth rotates which way?)

Mace</font>