" Real " Treebases for the Battle of the Bulge Mod

Originally posted by illo:

tom, reduce size of terrain tiles coming with bulge mod to half. Then overwrite old lowres terrain files with em.

I think that will give your CM much better look.

have not tried that yet

will do

thanks I think your suggestion and that hi res low res issue is at the root of the problem smile.gif

THANKS

-tom w

Originally posted by Lawyer:

BTW, do your Bulge files for rails, roads, fences, bridges, etc. replace the ones I already have for summer and autumn? I like my summer files, but I do want to use your winter files.

Yes, some do, but most don't. File 613 (bridge) is particularly nasty because it's also used by the game as a basic road tile. Grrr! I hope BTS fixes this for CMBB.

BTW, Tom has thoughtfully broken up each file set (trees, bases, snow, hedge/wall, etc.) into its own ZIP file within the main ZIP, so you can choose which ZIPs you wish to uncompress rather than having to do the whole thing at once. Nice. smile.gif

- Chris

[ February 24, 2002, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]

Originally posted by Wolfe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lawyer:

BTW, do your Bulge files for rails, roads, fences, bridges, etc. replace the ones I already have for summer and autumn? I like my summer files, but I do want to use your winter files.

Yes, some do, but most don't. File 613 (bridge) is particularly nasty because it's also used by the game as a basic road tile. Grrr! I hope BTS fixes this for CMBB. But Tom has thoughtfully broken up each file set (trees, bases, snow, hedge/wall, etc.) into its own ZIP file within the main ZIP, so you can choose which ZIPs you wish to uncompress rather than having to do the whole thing at once. Nice. smile.gif

- Chris</font>

Strange, I reverted back to original graphics, reinstalled Tom's mod, and now it works. Needs some more work with houses and such, and there are some oddities among the road borders and what looks like stone that turns into bushes, but here it is:

tommod.jpg

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

Commissar,

:D:D:D ..THANKS ! THAT saved my day

Cheers

Tom

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Commissar:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

BTW: yesterdays forum crash degrades me to a " junior member ".. a terrible experience after posting here for nearly 1.5 years and close to the age of 40 :mad:

Cheers

Tom

Think of it as another opportunity to relive your youth . . .without the acne.</font>

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

I didn't change the size of the bmpeez but I just manually changed the bitmaps. It wasn't hard at all. The snow tiles look great.

iMac DV SE 256MBeez of Ram

8 MBeez of video ram.

Almost everything hi-rez

Great mod. Now we need more snow maps

Thanks for the update

What EXACTLY did you do?

Rename them?

When you say "I didn't change the size of the bmpeez but I just manually changed the bitmaps"

what do you mean?

What is the EASY way on a mac to fix this problem?

Thanks

-tom w

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

Gentlemen ,

I got mails from people who asked for " real " treebases for the BOB mod

BTW: yesterdays forum crash degrades me to a " junior member ".. a terrible experience after posting here for nearly 1.5 years and close to the age of 40 :mad:

Cheers

Tom

Tom-

Just starting a QB in the snow... already did the setup and then applied you new mod and it improves the look of the battelfield 100%... also helps too understand elevations at a glance... alot! Thanks.

I also like the updated treebases. Much betterthan the 'speckled' solution offered before. Thanks again! I see why you like it... I guess I like the solid bases as it's more... erm.. modular?

Also, I know what you are talking about losing your number. My 1012 is still pretty respecable, but before the great crash of '99 I was coming in in the 500's or so.

In the finder, I just re-named the bmpeez.

1470.bmp changed to 800.bmp (manually)

1471.bmp changed to 801.bmp (manually)

etc...etc...

Since I have a low-end machine i don't really notice quality at close-up views

OK! :D

Thanks for the IDIOT proof instructions!

Here is what it looks like now:

http://142.55.231.199/demo/bulgemod/FrameSet.htm

more new ones here:

http://142.55.231.199/demo/bulgemod2/FrameSet.htm

pics:

Picture%2084.jpg

Picture%2080.jpg

Picture%2075.jpg

Picture%2083.jpg

Picture%2070.jpg

how's that

Thanks for all the HELP!!

It looks GOOD now!

-tom w

[ February 24, 2002, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by Angriff11:

For anybody with the same problem as aka_tom_w , I did exactly what Wolfe said and its works perfect now .

I gave the hi res BMPs , 1470 to 1489 , the low res BMP numbers ( 800 to 819 ) and I now have Toms Bulge mod in all its glory smile.gif

yup me too

Works great now

-tom w

Originally posted by PawBroon:

You got jinxed Panther MODs Tom.

Winter turrets with regular hull.

You've done some mischief or you should go get some of the Snowy or Whitewash Panthers off CMHQ.

Other than that, GAMEY FORCE MIX!!!

:D

Glad you're seeing it as Tom intended it to be now...

OK

there is problem with the panthers, true

BUT as for the gamey force mix

this not a battle it was more like a work of art for me to put some nicely modded winter German tanks together for a photo shoot :D

(this is just me playing around in the map editor making pretty pictures NOTHING more smile.gif )

REALLY this not a real battle or scenario or anything

its JUST a bunch of nice pictures/units/mods I thought I would share since it took ALL day to get Tom's mod to work out right.

ALL these mods and all these screen shots are taken with 8 megs of VRAM on a Mac G3 laptop.

there are plenty MORE here if you are interested:

http://142.55.231.199/demo/bulgemod2/FrameSet.htm

Its a frame with ALL the thumbnails down the left side, just click a thumbnail and it will pop into the center, the first one does not load correctly when you visit the site for the first time smile.gif

I am HAVING more fun playing with this new mod than actually playing the GAME!

this is like getting a WHOLE new game for FREE!

BTS should hire TOM!!!!! (The Bulge Mod Tom He should be FAMOUS by now!)

:D

-tom w

Tom your trees (not the pine trees) look awesome compared on my system. Mine are much more pixelated. Yours look much more

rendered. iMac G4 in the mail though. That Stug looks quite nice.

The only thing we now hafto to change is that sugar coating on the tank treads. It looks like whip cream instead of the muddy snow in which this mod is based on.

Its changed my life...... tongue.gif

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Teggy:

aka_tom_w, I have the same crappy look on my computer (a desktop, tho), and I have a 32MB video card (G3 350). I also used MCM3, and I wonder what I am doing wrong.

I do get nice fog, though.

Thanks I wondered if I was the only one

:confused:

It seems that we have no done something right to override the previous low res winter terrain files?

Anyone else have any problems on Macs? :(

Thanks for the reply

-tom w</font>

Tom your trees (not the pine trees) look awesome compared on my system. Mine are much more pixelated. Yours look much more

rendered. iMac G4 in the mail though. That Stug looks quite nice.

The only thing we now hafto to change is that sugar coating on the tank treads. It looks like whip cream instead of the muddy snow in which this mod is based on.

Its changed my life...... tongue.gif

Yes "The only thing we now hafto to change is that sugar coating on the tank treads. It looks like whip cream instead of the muddy snow in which this mod is based on."

Right, we need REALLY muddy Tank tracks, all those whipped cream white flakes on the tracks now don't do justice to that GREAT mod. I agree totally.

is there a Mud track mod out there or does it require a another artist's time? (I figure Tom is probably pooped out by now smile.gif )

-tom w

[ February 24, 2002, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]