Operation Bone Throw- Flank Attack!!!!!!!

That's just a fantastic read. Thanks Pillar for taking the time to do it, and look forward to reading some more. I would say that this gets me in the CMBB mood even more so than the screenshots.

Again, great job, and thanks!

Murph

You can NOT recrew abandoned weapons in CMBB, not sure if the AAR made it seem like that but it is NOT in the game.

One thing that IS in is that ALL foot units (yes MG's too) can run now. Some much further than others.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

You can NOT recrew abandoned weapons in CMBB, not sure if the AAR made it seem like that but it is NOT in the game.

One thing that IS in is that ALL foot units (yes MG's too) can run now. Some much further than others.

Madmatt

An end to one of the biggest debates on this forum.

So, MG's are far more effective against leg infantry and they can displace rapidly......looks like they will become a major killer and a weapon to be feared (finally-sigh). What I want to know is how MG ammo will be handled? Will it be by belts or cases or what?

Jake

Originally posted by ciks:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt

An end to one of the biggest debates on this forum.</font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

I'd rather see some Russians taking on some of the German allies. And not the uber Finns, we want to give the Russians a fighting chance.

Sure, but I want to see some fighting in a village with maybe 2-3 tanks involved with the infantry.

Originally posted by Pillar:

What would you guys like to see a future AAR on by the way? Hopefully I can get some more screenshots next time and cut down the length of the stories.

Anything that would highlight the new commands (assault, covered arc for AFVs), any changes in AI behaviour (I understand buttoning/unbuttoning of AFVs has changed?), new terrain features and how the units interact with them, and other differences in arty would be very welcome. I don't see anything wrong with the length. It was an enjoyable read. smile.gif Thanks!

- Chris

[ April 30, 2002, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]

I second Wolfe's suggestion. The most "meaty" AAR's will be those giving insight into the new commands and special rules that are new in CM:BB. The command functions for tanks being an example of the latter.

I like the free form of writing AAR's but there is this constant urge for information. The size of the engagement seemed fine to me though. Not too big to write, not too small.

The MG was able to pin the attacking platoon is one way of saying it. Describing in detail how the MG rapidly shifted fire from squad to squad as the attcker entered the covered arc and finally managed to repulse the last remnants of the assault by opening close range free fire is another smile.gif

M.

[ May 01, 2002, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Mattias ]

Pillar,

Great read! Thanks.

BTW, you mentioned, if I did not read it wrongly, there were German units breaching from the rear of your position. Can units now enter the map from different points or did I just make it wrongly?

Also, you mentioned there are off-map units. Are they mentioned just for documentation purpose?

Thanks! Can't wait for the full game.

Griffin.