Nordic Wannabee Tournament - Redux

And now,

"In Case Anyone Gave a Damn" presents...

My status:

Me -vs- Lopake: Gah! Minor defeat! Evil, evil Green troops and poop throwing monkeys!

Me -vs- Carrot: Gah! About to get something like a major defeat! Evil, evil Green troops and Unt Dork!

Me -vs- Warhammer: I killed lots of his guys, but he did give me a major beating too. The game is about to end. Computer tells me he's winning big time despite the fact that I have knocked out most of his AFV's and butchered a fair share of his troops. *shrug*

Me -vs- Kannonier Reichman: Me - Chaaaaarge!

Recihman's armor: Dieeeee!

Me: OK, I oblige.

Battlefield is a smoking wreck. Reichman's a good defender, but things might still go my way.

Me -vs- Wreck: Evil, evil poop throwing monkey! Can't even throw me a PBEM file.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: The Commissar ]</p>

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shiite!( like the Islamic sect, seriously)

That is one of the FUNNIEST posts I have ever read!

I was making this loud braying sound, like a choking moose, while I tried to focus my eyes on the next line. Damn fine work.

Oh, I'd like to jump in if possible!

Edited because this was originaly meant to respond to the Jerry Springer Spoof. Due to my ineptness I failed to notice it was on the end of the first page, not the third page.

But what an opertune time to pull a Munson!

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Dogface21 ]</p>

For anyone that cares(boy, am i leaving myself wide open with that one...) my fabulous email migration(look closely and you can see the mating dance of the Greater Northern Cisco Router....) has been completed. My new and improved email is aewert@adelphia.net I sent out turns yesterday but am still waiting on Ricochet and Massattack, no hurry though, this way I can delude myself into thinking that I am winning some of my battles.... :D

Commissar,

I think you must not post game results here.

The scenarios are unbalanced, that means you give too much information away that other players can use to ajust their own expectation about what size of enemy force they face.

Treeburst, correct me if I'm wrong, but unless I misunderstood something, the posting should be edited to delete the score hints.

Happy hunting everyone.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dogface21:

Holy shiite!(like the Islamic sect, seriously)<hr></blockquote>

You see J. Trap - other people make silly Sunni/Shiite references too. I'm not that obscure.

Rob

PS Sorry if I'm dragging you down in the mire with me Dogface, but you were formerly of the esteemed Section Three - so you do deserves some dragging.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Lopaka ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dogface21:

I have'nt been confirmed yet, but I hope so!<hr></blockquote>

With a face like that, how could we do anything but take you back? In fact, we're all dog-faces. We're all very, very different. But there is one thing that we all have in common - we were all stupid enough to enlist in this tourney!

Well Ive just returned home after a loud and alchohol tainted evening at a show here in Seattle. 'Evangeline' was in top form, and I never quite got up the nerve to ask that beutifull chick to dance, but what the hell!

Im in the NWT TOURNEY!!! WHOOOOHOOOO!

No hard feelings to ol' section 3 (YET......... MuHAHAHA!)Everyone who's anyone knows that Section 4 is where the truly cool people hang out anyways, so...so...THERE!

I am honored to take my place here at the NWT, and look forward to slugging it out with the venerable Section 4. I will do my best to get caught up ASAP.

I have Sat, Sun and Mon off work, and can send alot of turns on those days, if Real Life doesnt pop up and bite my ass. During the week I can send after about 6:00pm Pacific.

Its 2:fiftysomething AM here in Sea-town, but Ill send the first turns tonight. IF I can get the screen in focus and make it stop doubling.

It was a good show. :D

Edittted becauth 'm rully durnk.

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Dogface21 ]</p>

Ooooh-Tay!

Mr. ciks and Mr. Sgt.Kelly, Im ready for the setups whenever you are.

Mr. Johnson, Mr. Scheer and Mr. Strider, your setups are (hopefully) in your inboxes.

Nabla, how much crack were you smoking when you designed these scenarios!?!?!

* Dogface looks at VLs on map, then at availible units, face blanches*

I geuss this is just going to prove that 'Less is more.'

Ok, G'night....

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by White4:

Curious to know if anyone else has developed a "wince and duck for cover" when the "Reinforcements" button comes up in MoD? That scenario gave true meaning to the acronym FUBAR.<hr></blockquote>

Yep. I always knew that if I received re-inforcements then as sure as hell the enemy would as well... and usually within spitting distance of each other!

Regards

Jim R.

Status of my games in group one:

Sgt Gold: Exchanging moves quickly, beating the hell out of each other.

ytinghellfish: you should have received file 24 yesterday.

Cooper: you should have received 03 on Nov 30, didn't hear from you since then

Rother: you should have received 08 on Dec 3

Mare_Ichthys: we agreed to start when other games are over or stalled. Cooper and Rother, please check that you received said mails. If you'd like for a slower pace (no problem with that), I would start this game now, so please keep me updated.

Happy hunting everyone.

Dear Section Four,

I have sent all files out, and am awaiting (patiently) replies. If for some reason, you did not get a turn from me, please let me know.

Believe me, you have nothing to fear, ask Strider, he is busy rolling up my green troops and smoking them like a huge...well, you get the idea. :D

Nabla and I have tweaked the scoring system a bit. The general idea is still the same, but the point values I am assigning to AARs have to be changed (currently 1/4 to 1/2 tourney point). What I will do is assign AARs a value at the end based on the average final tourney score of all 24 players.

I think 3% for good AARs is about right. If you write 5 AARs your score will be increased by a number equal to 15% of the average tourney score(before AARs). Brief AARs will only score 1.5% of the tourney average per AAR. Basing AAR value on a percentage of the average score is much better than my trying to guesstimate what that average score will be and setting an appropriate fixed value to the AARs.

ALSO, I'm not sure I mentioned the following to this group:

An exploitable flaw in the scoring system was brought to my attention by JPS (not participating). Here's the new twist to fix the problem:

For games that do not add up to 100 points the difference will be split between the players. For example: A final score of 60-30 will be recorded as 65-35. If you can figure out why I am doing this then you have a devious and gamey mind. :D

Treeburst155 out.