The Nordic Championships (Part II)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bump.

I have several game results to process, which I will do tomorrow. I think we have 6-8 games left to complete. I will know for sure tomorrow.

The scoring system has been finalized. Nabla is happy with it and so am I. It is an improvement on the system used for the Wild Bill tournament.

Nabla is currently working on the second of two scenarios he will provide for the finals. I will be supplying the third scenario. You will enjoy them; that is, if you're in the finals.

Do we have any missing officers? Don't hesitate to post here if you haven't heard from somebody in a couple weeks.

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

LOL. No, I wasn't hoping that I could enter just before the finals.

While on the subject of joining, there are a few threads with Tourneys. Will there be more and are they all handled here at this forum? Will I get suspended if I get a lower average than Dorosh in that other Tourney? ;)

There will be more tourneys after CMBB is released. RELIABILITY is the main requirement due to the nature of the scoring system. You don't have to be a top notch player, or even a good player for that matter. You just have to complete the tourney in a timely manner.

Dropouts have been quite a problem so new people will be screened carefully. We can't have people signing up for a tourney on the spur of the moment without thinking seriously about the committment.

All the tourneys I manage are run right from this forum. Each tourney has its own thread. Many have a prize sponsored by WineCape, that being a half dozen bottles of various fine South African wines shipped to the winner at no charge.

If you REALLY want to get into a WineCape tourney, you can probably get into one; but we will have to exchange several emails first so I can determine you are serious and realize the extent of the committment.

I now have a list of about forty proven reliable people who enjoy these tournaments. I'm going to do my utmost to make sure they don't have to deal with disappearing opponents in future tourneys. Having said that, I don't want to have a closed club if I can avoid it. New blood keeps things interesting. smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.

Games yet to be completed:

ECONOMY OF FORCE

Sesam vs Dragoon19

GOTTA GET UP

Fate vs vskalex

Kingfish vs Cogust

THE AFTERMATH

Fate vs Ari

Dragoon19 vs Jarmo

Cogust vs Juha keratar

Kingfish vs Torbhen

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Juha Keratar vs Torbhen

MEETING OF DEVILS

Tuomas vs Dragoon19

Torbhen vs Cogust

If any of these games are already completed somebody needs to send me the final score. I may have lost it somehow.

Treeburst155 out.

OK, what's the Dragoon situation with others?

Is he actually playing somebody or do you too have stand-ins?

Where did Brath come from? He picked up my Dragoon fight

a while ago and I assumed he was an official replacement.

Now it's been a week without a peep from Brath either.. .

I'm done! Ari results sent in and last move against Vskalex sent.

Tough tourney and I learned lots, sometimes too much at times.

Had a lot of fun and will be going thru withdrawal, hope to get into more tourneys.

<S> to all my valiant opponents.

Fate

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I still have Dragoon19 on the books. Nobody has told me different. I assume Brath replaced Dragoon19 however. Keep me informed on the situation, please.

I think that Dragoon19 and Brath are the same person. My game with him is two or three turns from completion although I haven't had a new turn from him for a while now.

-TNT-

Below is a list of all the people who have turned in AARs,

along with the number of AARs I have from them. If you see

an error, please email me so we can straighten it out.

Heibis-1

Jarmo-3

Juha Keratar-3

Mattias (section IV)-1

Stefan-5

Tero-5

Thanks, Treeburst155 out.

Well, all games finished and lo and behold - I lost them all! Not really surprised, some quality opponents in my section (I hope...)

Well, a BIG thank you to the organisers, scenario designers and opponents for showing me a few tricks on how to play humans. Mail in your inbox Treeburst.

Stefan,

Since you have completed all your games I can send you my spreadsheet with all the game results received so far. These results are the raw CM scores BEFORE being run through the scoring program, but it will give you a good idea of who is doing well.

Email me if you would like it so I can simply reply and attach. Anyone who has finished all five games can get the results sheet by sending an email requesting such.

Treeburst155 out.