The Nordic Championships (Part II)

Section III.

I`m going away tomorrow morning for the rest of the winter holiday. I`ll bee back sunday afternoon.

Sit brief:

My game with Tero is going steady (On turn 19 of 25), steady with kingfish (turn 16 of 28).1 or 2 emails a day.

The games with Juha (turn 15 of 20) and Cogust (turn 12 of 18)is steady at about 2 emails a week.

My game with Stefan is over.

Torbhen

[ February 20, 2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: torbhen ]

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

OK, I understand the 3-way tie explanation. It took me awhile on that one. Anyway, that sounds real fair to me.

Ok, we'll use this procedure.

I assume, Nabla, you are working on the three playoff scenarios? :eek:

In due time, my friend, in due time... ;)

Seriously, I've had three article deadlines at work, and after today I've met them all. So serious - and devious :D - planning starts this evening.

Originally posted by Cogust:

Finsihed the games against tero and Kingfish, the other games are proceeding pretty good as well (speedwise at least, can't really say the same for my success in them). smile.gif

I take that to mean that auto-surrender finally kicked in (I'm at work, so I can't check my files until later).

I recently received an auto-surrender induced game result where the "loser" did very well. It just goes to show that withdrawal can pay off if the situation is assessed as hopeless in a timely manner. It's good to see people withdrawing, and not surrendering troops who could have left the scene to fight again another day.

Nabla,

It's good to hear work is slowing down for you a bit. That means it's time to lock you up in your study again so we can harness your brain for CM related work. Go on now, in you go....and give me the key. Very good, I'll let you out in a few days. :D

Treeburst155 out.

I recently received an auto-surrender induced game result where the "loser" did very well.
Well, that could be either my game with Tero or Cogust

It's good to see people withdrawing, and not surrendering troops who could have left the scene to fight again another day
...and that's my game with Stefan

Oh yeah, I have high hopes in making the finals in this tourney :D

Kingfish, do not feel sorry about it. You took over a game that was for any practical reason over. I would have done the same in your position. I think the surrender-score may have been better than you fighting to the end.

Cogust - after you ...... my ......... I have to ...... some ...... to .... ... that ...... of yours. It will be a tight one, even though I have severly screwed it up.

Well, I have screwed up in our game as well Stefan. That cavalry raid of mine was mighty stupid, but very fun anyway. ;)

And you must look at both directions before crossing a street, continentals drive on the right side of the road while the Brits drive on the left. And I can't really say what nailed your guy last turn, can't give away all my secrets. smile.gif

Bad news from the front.

My computer pretty much completely crashed last night. The hard disk seems to be completely broken, and I'm not sure when I can purchase a replacement.

Currently I have completed my games against Tero, Stefan and Kingfish, with ~4 turns remaining against Cogust and Torbjörn. If I´ll get the new hard disk soon, I'll be able to complete those games too before the deadline, as they're almost in the end anyway. It's possible too that I won't get the new hard disk before April. :(

Treeburst and others, try to decide what to do with the unfinished games, I'll follow this board from somewhere. I'll know soon when I'm up again.

-Lunael

Originally posted by Juha Keratar:

Treeburst and others, try to decide what to do with the unfinished games, I'll follow this board from somewhere. I'll know soon when I'm up again.

What are the options?

1. Wait.

2. Rent a laptop for a weekend and TCP/IP all the games to the end.

3. You send your password(s) to us, we arrange a ceasefire with your opponents. Is this feasible?

4. You surrender (a bad idea).

5. Play at work. ;)

Other options?

Below is a list of all the players who have sent in AARs, along with the number of AARs I have on record for them. Please check this list to make sure I did not lose any of your AARs.

Heibis-1

Jarmo-3

Juha Keratar-2

Stefan-4

Tero-2

Unless Nabla objects, AARs will be scored as follows:

Each full credit AAR will be worth 4% of the highest player's tourney score (before adding his AARs). If you write five full credit AARs you will receive additional tourney points equal to 20% of the highest players tourney score.

AARs will receive either full credit or half credit. You must write more than just a few short paragraphs for full credit. I will let you know if an AAR is too short soon after you send it to me. You don't have to write a book either. Just give us a fairly good description of how the game played out.

You are not required to write AARs. You just get a few extra points if you do. This could put you ahead if you're in a tight race in your section.

Treeburst155 out.

Good news. I'm back up again, and ready to continue the battles as soon as I can. I'll be away until friday afternoon, Torbjörn and Cogust can expect to get their turns on saturday. I'll write the AAR on my game against Kingfish on the weekend, and send it along with the score.

-Lunael

Hmmm...I didn't know Dragoon dropped out. I assume he found his own replacement then. I like that. It saves me a lot of work, and keeps the tourney moving along. smile.gif

We're just going to have to adopt the pace of the slowest players I guess. Post here if you go two weeks without some sort of email from an opponent. I will replace them at that point.

Players should realize that the closer the games get to completion the more difficult it is to find a replacement. We're to the point now where it's better if players are a bit slow due to real life than if they drop out altogether.

Don't drop out unless you feel you can't even average a few files per week. That's less than an hour per week in most cases, I think.

Treeburst155 out.