The Nordic Championships (Part II)

Well, second battle finished, and once again it is me who have the not so honourable task of posting the results to Treeburst. Got my little touche spanked by one of the über-finns (Hi Ari!) and thus continue my race for the last place.

*Angry mumbling and grumbling, fading in the distance as vskalex withdraws to lick mental wounds* smile.gif

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only indirectly related to the tournament..

Some while ago me, Gustra and Cogust had talk of a Nordic CM'ers get-together! It'd be here in Finland, since I'm too lazy to travel far...

I'm not at all sure that is going to happen, at least in that large scale, but I thought I'd ask around if there's interest.

The thought I had, was to begin the meeting by visiting

the Tank Museum at Parola

After that we could hang around that miserable hellhole called Hämeenlinna, or do something else. Pretty much everything is still open.

It'd be better to arrange the meeting sometime when the weather is somewhat less awful and little warmer.

So, would you be interested?

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Jarmo ]</p>

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to thank all of those who have already written some AARs: you've written some pretty darn interesting pieces of text. Excellent reasoning (if not hindsight smile.gif ) for courses of action taken. Keep them texts coming!

Oh, and if Treeburst155's mailbox can handle it, I would be completely knocked over if you wanted to include a screenshot or two (if you write Word documents). :D

Not to make you envious or anything... but... yesterday I took a test-dive with Scuba-gear by a Corall-reef.

I was less than 2 meters from a (a bit more than one meter long) Leopard-shark before it ran away. Sure got the adrenaline pumping a bit. But what an experience!

On the trip we also saw Dolphins, but after the shark-experience that felt kind of tame smile.gif

OK, back to beer-drinking, but keep fluid-balance in check when it is more than 30 degrees hot :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jarmo:

After that we could hang around that miserable hellhole called Hämeenlinna, or do something else. <hr></blockquote>

Well Jarmo, since I happen to live in that hellhole I am interested. I visited Parola museum with my CM'er friends last summer and we did have a tour guide, too. We took the opportunity to measure some glacis and turret armours too, and had a very interesting day. Maybe it would be a good idea to squeeze in a visit to Artillery museum on Hämeenlinna too (been there, done that!). There is very inpressive document which they show with impressive sounds (like in cinema, just LOUDER)of the Tali-Ihantala battle. Very impressive. I think the thought is worth a shot.

Juha

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph Porta:

Hmmm...The war is soon over for most, yet there is little noise on the front...Where is everyone ? :confused: <hr></blockquote>

ÜberFinns with built in stealth technology, remember ? You do not see it coming. :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph Porta:

Hmmm...The war is soon over for most, yet there is little noise on the front...Where is everyone ? :confused: <hr></blockquote>

Perhaps (hopefully) this is because of the hush-hush policy concerning the scenarios. I'm pretty convinced that you will hear a lot of stories once the curtain is lifted for both this championship tournament and the Nordic Wannabe tournament.

Yo!

I have a simple question to fellow CM players.

All my survived men have exited the map in exit scenario and there is still 4 turns left. If I cease fire now and ask my foe to do same, will the result be same that, it would be if we play it to end? I think it will be same, am I right?

Cheers,

Ali

Section III, my opponent playing the Para scen please check in. I have my better machine up and running and my son unintentionaly erased all my email data from the back up machine. I think I sent the last turn over to you but before I start screaming AWOL again I'd like to make sure. smile.gif