RoW II Boots and Tracks Brawl part tres....

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back from my vacation and processing turns. Heavy Drop is currently on vacation, so my game with him is on hold, but I haven't heard from GeneralSV in quite some time (over a week).

GeneralSV, if you're out there, send me an e-mail -- or better yet, a turn. ;)

My profound apologies, but I've had two days of the dread seismic sensor problem, the result being a computer which wouldn't finish booting, much less receive and process E-mail. The ultimately successful final boot tonight, took some twelve minutes and barely worked at all. The situation baffles a friend of mine who's a longtime Mac power user.

The final turn went out to Soddball, and Ugbash, apparently with his own cyberwoes, was sent one of the last remaining in our tense fight.

Possibly supporting the seismic sensor problem is that a friend in Sacramento, California reports her magnetic strain indicator (measures geomagnetic field strength changes) for North-South was at 9.

Normal baseline is 7. 9's pretty high. Nasty quakes have followed much lower readings.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Visom:

Password sharing is bad as a principle, but I can't see the big harm in sharing it. Everyone already know 50% of all passwords, if anyone wants to cheat there's already a major risk that they've taken advantage of this.

At this point I've got two turns that were not meant for me. So, if we can send turns to the wrong opponents by mistake, who says we won't send mail with the password to the wrong opponents?

My vote is against sharing. First, it's the principle. Secondly, TB has taken many steps to keep FoW at a high level. If he had the time I'm sure he would have 360 different passwords for the 180 battles. I think that should be respected, we should not take advantage of (as he called it) the weakness in his system. Third is the statement from WineCape, our sponsor. He was rather specific regarding his point of view.

Some good stuff here. Since all players know 50% of the passwords, the potential for compromised FOW is already present. The more password sharing there is, the greater the chances of this happening. It's a "need to know" thing.

I cannot stop you from sharing passwords, so it's pointless to make a rule against it. Let's just say I disapprove, but what I don't know won't hurt me. Just keep in mind that YOU could be the victim of a shared password. :eek:

Visom also pointed out that a simple email error could find a password in the wrong hands. This is a very good point. Be careful!!

TabPub, LOL!!

Fight On!

Treeburst155 out.

[ July 09, 2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

T1S4 - has anyone heard from John "Saport" Tucker recently? Last file I have from him is a week or more old.

Otherwise all games are moving along ... well, not nicely, but moving along they are.

Regards

JonS

Ugbash sent me a turn, which was processed and returned before I left today. Nothing from him since.

With only a few turns left, my thoughts turn lightly to...smiting Bertram. He is my only remaining game in Tourney II, Section Four. If he's buried, though, I have lots of AARs to write and submit.

Regards,

John Kettler

I'm back! Had a glorious Independence Day vacation.

Spent a couple of days in New Orleans (getting my mind right before heading to the big party in Alabama :D ). One of those days was dedicated totally to the National D-Day museum there. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend you take the time and do so.

Had mail waiting for me from Redeker and EasyV, both of which have been returned.

I haven't heard from GeneralSV for almost a month now, anyone else receiving mail from him? :confused:

UPDATE!

Head for the Hills and St Mere Englise are doing just fine. 1/3rd and 2/3 along respectively.

Have staggered a bit in Another day (redwolf) and Polish Push (frunze), as to the best of my knowledge they owe ME turns.

And of course, Holien, the drywall hanging kraut of Fire on the Mountain, has used me and cast me aside...

Look darling you were good, but a chap has to move on to better things.

;)

That game was stonking and one of the best scenarios I have ever played and I am glad I shared that with you....

However, the next best is Head for The Hills with sweet Tero...

He is terroising me with too much XXX at the moment and I await every turn from him with sweet anticipation.....

smile.gif

H

JonS,

I'm playing with Saport a few turns per day. Our game is the longest one, so I think he wants to get it rolling nicely. My status is - I'm waiting files from all of You in my section. So Move it! Time zone differences cause that we can't play many turns per day with my opponents, but slow and steady wins the race. Keep those turns coming, guys!

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I don't see any problem with sharing your win/loss record. Just don't say which scenarios you won or lost.

I'd say it's quite easy to figure out which scenario was lost or won if several or all persons in a section published their win/loss record...

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Scheer,

I don't see any problem with sharing your win/loss record. Just don't say which scenarios you won or lost.

Treeburst155 out.

Fine.

Dear Combined Arms kicked my sorry ass all over the map, because I´ve invented a new form of attacking ,Real Dumb Attacking ( tm ). My poor germans ... :eek:

OTOH I´ve had the pleasure to grill a1steaks with my masterfully placed XXX ,killing for the loss of only two XXX every single ZZZ on the map. a1steaks had bad luck in at least one situation .

J.Porta and myself are in the last turns

of our game. I foresee a minor tactical axis victory.

My game with Pixelmaster has one third to go. To date lady luck has been in my favor. But I think he may get reinforcements, as no scenariodesigner can be so cruel. Could go both ways ...

Last, but not least is Torbjørn attacking my sloped defense. Still a long way to go ...

[ July 10, 2002, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Scheer ]