You Germans have it; now tell us about it.

KG_Jag

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! got some spoiler info in this thread..Be careful about posting info on canned scenarios-Alot of people are looking forward to not knowing anything about them until they play them against others. I skipped over it pretty quick, so, I didn't see much, but..Whoever wrote that might want to edit it..Something about a scenario called the Gatekeepers?

[ September 20, 2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: mch ]

Haven't got the final, but have the latest beta, and this game truly rocks. It's quite a different experience from CM:BO. And it'll be hard going back.

Played a couple of operations and I like what I see. Takes a little getting used to. It's much more important to advance (or withdraw) your entire front in advance and assault operations, since units that get way ahead (attack) or way behind (defense) have a good chance of getting stuck behind enemy lines without hope of resupply. Those units will also be padlocked in the setup phase of the next battle. This can be a bit of a pain since some units move a little from their original position (might be a beta thing) placing them outside of their former cover/foxhole/trench. IMO it would be nice if these units could at least be re-located ten or twenty meters.

And yes, the sound is awesome! One hell of a noise when the guns are blazing and the men are shouting. You'll love it!

You will just LOVE trenches. It'll take quite a bit of infantry and/or numerous cheap 37mm-gun tanks to dislodge a platoon out of those. Awesome. :D

Sewer movement: Highly risky. Most attempts WILL turn up late, early, not at all, or in the wrong building. But oh-so rewarding when your crack platoon of Finns actually pops out of the right exit, just in time to stop the AI's general retreat and kill or capture most of the assaulting force. Could also be quite handy in getting troops out of positions that would mean certain death if they'd stay put.

Originally posted by Sirocco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

I think that all the demo's critics are going to be singing a different tune in a few days . . .

I don't want to open this all up again, but the debate over the demo was about it's qualities as a sales tool, and nothing else.</font>

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire forty six shots AP or only forty five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a 128mm PAK Anti-Tank Gun, the most powerful antitank gun in the world, and would blow your turret clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk!

--Schmutzig Harold

Why do I get this vision of a single KT and JS-3 facing each other in the middle of an open field with the theme to "The good, the bad, and the ugle" plays in the backgound.

"Drawski!"

My number of questions for you lucky ppl:

1. How are planes presented? Sill a "shadow"? Is there any Hawker Hurricane?

2. How are "trenched" troops benefictied? What class of weapons are allowed to be placed in trenches?

3. Any "captured" weapon?

4. Is there any "desert" terrian?

5. What are the parameters for generating QB?

TIA.

@GriffinCheng+:

1. How are planes presented? Sill a "shadow"?

Yes, shadows only, but wih diffrent sounds

The player can´t capture weapons in the field of combat, but u can buy them.

(captured T 34 tanks, or PAK 76 as the german comander, i didnt play the russian very often, i dont know if they can buy german stuff too)

5. What are the parameters for generating QB?

There are a lot of parameters, weather (snow storms,good weather, and so on), temperature, wind, year and month, what kind of terrain (north,middle,south, finnland, mixed),how much amunition (in %), training level, casulations (in % too), what kind of trops (inf, tanks, armored), experince, damm and many others (its realy awesome) smile.gif

This time u can load a map inside your quick battle game.

Can't tell you for sure, but I tried placing some AT guns inside buildings during setup of a defense mission and it wouldn't work. However: it was a quick battle and the houses were just "light" buildings, so I haven't tried all possibilities yet.

Yup, that's the 12,8 PAK gun, nice toy to make your neighbors jealous, but it has some serious weaknesses IMO:

1. Slow movement of the barrel. Takes forever to swing this baby around. Took me a full turn to swing around about 35°...whew!

2. Slow reload time...and I mean very....very...slow. You better pray that that first shot hits and kills your target.

3. No crew protection. There's no blast shield and it definetly shows: I had 4 12.8 cm guns and they were all taken out with one HE shot by Green Shermans.

Oh yeah: And even this monster cannon won't kill the large soviet tanks on every hit. Took me 3 penetrations from 400 meters to fry an IS-3.

BTW: I just played a canned scenario called: "Friedhofshügel" (Boot-Hill: Medium sized map, German attack, early war setup) and it's awsome! Definetly my favourite so far!

Sascha

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stickel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stickel:

PAK 37 is always dakyellow

No it isn't, build a 1941 AG North scenario, and tell me what you see.</font>

Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

My number of questions for you lucky ppl:

In a preview I attended additionally to captured tanks there were some soldiers of German squads which had captured weapons (Russian Submachineguns).

Going off to town now, the store called me up and informed me that my CMBB is waiting for me!

Yep, CMBB in Switzerland as well!!!

And only two weeks to go until my well deserved winter vacation starts!!! Life is just beautiful tongue.gif

See you in Hkk!

Marcus

BTW Sasha, thanks for the compliment.

Stickel, are you sure your QB in AG North was 1941/42 setting - default parameter is June 43, by which time all German units have gone to sand coloured camo. So you have to reset the date. no idea what the BMP is, and I can guarantee you that I play the same CDV version as you in terms of build.

And I found yet another great canned scenario...

Err..*scratches head*

++++POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD!!+++++++++++

...well damn, I forgot the name, but it was the one where Soviet tanks attack a tractor factory and Germans defend with just a handful of infantry, a 37mm PaK and an AT rifle (lol!). After 7 turns or so, Pz38(t)s, PzIIs and PzIIIs appear on the scene...a very good one as well.

Sascha

[ September 21, 2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: 1Sascha ]

Originally posted by 1Sascha:

And I found yet another great canned scenario...

Err..*scratches head*

SPOILER

Sascha, when posting something like that info, always do it like this:

SPOILER TO FOLLOW

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

INSERT TEXT HERE

So that others can enjoy playing it and all the surprises.