Who's For a Jolly Sing Song, and Another Go At the Peng Challenge?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Spoken like a Gentleman, and you can't ask more fair than that.

Now, Harv, as the closest...nearest...well, as the only Canadian currently on the Thread of threads (at least at this hour), let me just tender my heartfelt apology for making any sort of ironical, or joking remark about the liklihood of anyone in Calgary being at the Winnipeg Folk Festival.

The distance between these two, fair, Canadian cities was pointed out to me on the General Forum, and I'm afraid I made light of it all, and reacted poorly to the person who let me know that the two were 'a long ways apart'.

I would hate for my jocular remarks regarding the ability of a person in Calgary to nip on over to the Winnipeg Folk Festival to somehow imply a lack of knowledge regarding Canada.

If you could find it in your Canadian heart to understand that I'm not completely ignorant regarding your country, nor belittling of its majestic grandeur, then I am willing to welcome you onto the Peng Challenge Thread, and accept the fact that although you're a bloody farmer living in the flatest and most appallingly 'unsuited for anything other than farming or supporting bison' place on earth, you're one of us.

Oh my, how can I respond to this? Now THIS has got to be the funniest thing I have ever read. You are a master. But I digress, and I feel I must assist you in learning how to deal with Canukians because you are from one of those 47 (or something) states below us eh.

You are aplogizing for making a joke about Canaduh?

Why?

And you have actual knowledge of this horrid part of this big roundy thing that spins about the sun?

Why (again)?

I beg of you, purge your mind. Drink to excess, play Jabo!*, snort sawdust, do sumfink, anyfink, but rid yourself of this...these...thoughts!

Belittle us! Disparage us. Make jokes about us. Accept the fact that we are nothing more than unarmed Americans with health care and high taxes and we are not worthy of anyone anywhere knowing anything about us. We truly are lower than the the temperature here in the winter and are not deserving of any attention from anything.

But...

There are those amongst us who take great and perverse pleasure in thinking they are superior because Americans don't know anything about Canaduh. Ptooey I say. And in case anyone missed it...ptooey. H#ll, I don't know anything about Canaduh, and I don't want to either. And neither should you.

And the worstest part of it all is that there are not near enough sheep here. At least Mace won't bother to show up (thank Berli). Ya might think in a country as big as Russia with the population of the state of California there would be room for a few more. But anyway...

I trust I have been of assistance in this matter. Any further questions should be directed to someone else who cares.

* A Ker Dessel Scenario...When You Want To Play CM In The Worst Way...

Blah blah blah Sir Joe Shaw blah blah

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Posers,

Here is a brief update on my cesspool games for all those who don't care.

AussieJeff, has beaten me with a last turn autosurrender in a premade scenario that he designed and choose which side he wanted. At least one of us got to play this mess blind. I look forward to a rematch where neither of us knows the others force strenght, set up areas and reinforcements.

Hiram, I have forgotten how this game is going because I only see a file every 2 weeks.

Peng and I played several very short TCP games on the 4th and it was neat fun losing them all.

Fionn seems to know what I am doing before I do. Fortunately for me 5400 points buys a lot of cannon fodder. I see very little chance of winning this monstrosity but I'm not dead yet and we are just getting to the midway point. Compared to my previous Fionn games that in itself is a victory...mark it as such please Lorak.

Love,

Elvis

Justicar, Senior Knights!, they mean nothing to me. On the field of battle, they will cower in their foxholes, wetting their nappies(diapers for you half wits over the pond), at the prospect of being savaged by my masterful tactics. I fear, nor bow down to no one...No one...... do you hear me? But enough of this verbosity, the simple message for Knights, senior or junior, is UP YOURS!

Originally posted by athkatla:

Justicar, Senior Knights!, they mean nothing to me. On the field of battle, they will cower in their foxholes, wetting their nappies(diapers for you half wits over the pond), at the prospect of being savaged by my masterful tactics. I fear, nor bow down to no one...No one...... do you hear me? But enough of this verbosity, the simple message for Knights, senior or junior, is UP YOURS!

Yeah, I hear ya flapping your gums over there. Pretty tough talk for someone who is still sending individual units against me. Or did my arty do a bit more damage that you let on? Maybe I should send a bit more over your way.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by athkatla:

Yeah, I hear ya flapping your gums over there. Pretty tough talk for someone who is still sending individual units against me. Or did my arty do a bit more damage that you let on? Maybe I should send a bit more over your way.</font>

Panthuh Leaduh! Yoo Hoo! Lithen! Get out your war knife and give yourthelf a manicure. My thooper duper trooper pooperth are on the warpath. They may not bite hard but they're tenacious. Now name that episode! (first season? Second season?)

Are you challenging me to a duel?

Yes, if you have the courage!

Which reminds me of that recent outerboards thread...how did it go?

Pillocks, do they exist? or was it Pillocks, now you see them now you don't, or how was it again?

No matter... the pillock to which I doth refer art thou, knave.

Maybe you should send a freaking turn!

Now, now now, Ashcan, we've been through this before.

I'm at work now. I'll send you a turn when I get home. Look at a clock. Now when the little hand is on the eleven (11) and the big hand is smacking you repeatedly in the head, you'll get your move.

(I swear, they are so cute when they're this age!)

Yeah, I hear ya flapping your gums over there. Pretty tough talk for someone who is still sending individual units against me. Or did my arty do a bit more damage that you let on? Maybe I should send a bit more over your way.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

</font>

You know, in this game I am playing with Aussie Jeff, I have brewed up maybe fifty Ram Kangaroos, and it kept bugging me: "What's with all the fecking Kangaroos?"

Then I remembered, "Oh, he's an Aussie! He's just setting up for a Bar-B-Q!"

Thanks, AJ I'll be right over!

I'm at work now. I'll send you a turn when I get home. </font>

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

cmplayer I have no frigging clue what you are going on about

Right, see if you understand this then *leans over and shouts in ear* Col Mustard, Candlestick, Library! And 3000 pointer coming soon to a mailbox near you.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

You know, Yeknod, at first I was ever so slightly annoyed at your incredibly slow rate of play.

Now that I realize it is annoying a pommie, I get a certain little thrill from it.

Steve

Ummmm....you weren't referring to me, now were you?

No, of course not. Not even a lawyer would make a mistake like that. Not even if he were from {shudder} Texas.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

You know, Yeknod, at first I was ever so slightly annoyed at your incredibly slow rate of play.

Now that I realize it is annoying a pommie, I get a certain little thrill from it.

Steve

No, of course not. Not even a lawyer would make a mistake like that. Not even if he were from {shudder} Texas.</font>

I'm at work now. I'll send you a turn when I get home. Look at a clock. Now when the little hand is on the eleven (11) and the big hand is smacking you repeatedly in the head, you'll get your move.

(I swear, they are so cute when they're this age!)</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Steve

No, of course not. Not even a lawyer would make a mistake like that. Not even if he were from {shudder} Texas.</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Steve

Snip

No, no, no - I am merely saying that it matters not whether it is you (the Buckeye), or some Pommie, or the little insignificant git who likes playing sports named after crunchy insects -- if Donkey annoys any or all of you, then I am all for it.

Sheesh. Do I have to bloody spell it out for you?

Steve

[ July 08, 2002, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

<BIG>STOP WITH THE MULTIPLE-FECKING-QUOTES ALREADY!</BIG>

Sheesh, sodding gits... we read it the first time, we don't need to see it again, and again, and again.

Yeknod you brought this pall upon the cess, and I call on, no DEMAND, your heartfelt promise to do better in the future.

Steve

I'm sorry,MrSpkr, but coming from you that's got to be one of the funnier things I've ever seen around here.

And that's counting the shot of Eggnogg sitting with Julie Andrews.

Sheesh, sodding gits... we read it the first time, we don't need to see it again, and again, and again.

Yeknod you brought this pall upon the cess, and I call on, no DEMAND, your heartfelt promise to do better in the future.

Oh, I suppose I might...

... oh dear...

... bother...

oh, deary me...

...ooops...

I shall call you Panzer Panzer Leader Leader in a non-repetative sort of way.

Demand some more, punk.

Yeknod o' tha Thistle

[ July 08, 2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Steve

I'm sorry,MrSpkr, but coming from you that's got to be one of the funnier things I've ever seen around here.

And that's counting the shot of Eggnogg sitting with Julie Andrews.</font>